Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
DeadGrandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Oriental, NC
Posts: 16
Forest River Geo Pro

Based on two criteria, which are the external height and the gvwr (my Tundra can tow with ease and it will fit in my RV garage), I am considering both the Geo Pro and the Rockwood E Pro. I guess they are new models. I see a few YouTube videos featuring couples camping in them, at least one couple allegedly full timing. They are really lightweight but check many compromise boxes for me. I know lightweight generally means low quality, but does anyone have personal experience with these minimalist campers?
DeadGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Chas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Breaux Bridge, LA
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGrandpa View Post
Based on two criteria, which are the external height and the gvwr (my Tundra can tow with ease and it will fit in my RV garage), I am considering both the Geo Pro and the Rockwood E Pro. I guess they are new models. I see a few YouTube videos featuring couples camping in them, at least one couple allegedly full timing. They are really lightweight but check many compromise boxes for me. I know lightweight generally means low quality, but does anyone have personal experience with these minimalist campers?


Weíre at a similar decision making point and frustrated at how difficult researching these TT can be. I mean, I just want to be a headlight on a northbound trailer! Anyway, I just saw thereís finally a FB group for them. Iím awaiting acceptance to join. Hope that helps your researching! So many roads..
Chas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
DeadGrandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Oriental, NC
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas W View Post
Weíre at a similar decision making point and frustrated at how difficult researching these TT can be. I mean, I just want to be a headlight on a northbound trailer! Anyway, I just saw thereís finally a FB group for them. Iím awaiting acceptance to join. Hope that helps your researching! So many roads..
I solved the issue by going in another direction. I came across a mention of Camplite travel trailers made by LivinLite. They are all aluminum frame and chassis, with composite floors, walls and roof. No wood anywhere except for the cabinet doors. Even the roof and outer skin is aluminum on my 2015 model. I read that Thor Industries bought the company and shut down production, but I can't verify that is true. The LivinLite website still functions, and there is a "factory tour" photo group that sold me on the quality. A search on rvtrader.com found only used models for sale. I like mine.
DeadGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Chas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Breaux Bridge, LA
Posts: 10
Unfortunately Iím way down in south Louisiana, so there arenít Camplites, Lances, or ORVs anywhere near me. Enjoy!
Chas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
SSTraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SC
Posts: 359
Here is a list I came up with for small lightweight travel trailers. I like the Murphy bed floor plans because I don't want to waste space with a full time bed down. They also have bunk models.
-Travel lite Idea i18
-Livin Lite, Camp Lite 16bhs 4400gvwr 20'
-Forest River
Forest river Epro 19fd and Geopro 19fd -murphy bed models
R-pods
Rockwood mini lite 1905 + 2304rks
Flagstaff micro lite 19fd (19kd has a flip up bunk over the dinette)
Salem cruise lite or wildwood xlit 197bh + 171rbxl (22.5')
Surveyor 200mble 23.8' 7500lbs
Wolf pup 16bh 21.5', Grey Wolf 17bhse 23.5"
-Coachmen Apex Nano 185bh (20.6') + 193bhs (22.1') + Clipper/Viking Ultra lite 17bhs
-Keystone summerland/springdale mini 1850 (21.5') + 1800bh (21.5') + 2200 mb (26.2'), Hideout 185lhs (21.5') + 192lhs (24'), Passport 151ml (19') + 175bh (21.3') + 195rb (23.4') + 199ml (22.9' 5000lb), Bullet crossfire 1800rb (21.6x)
-Heartland Sundance 189mb (22')
-Cruiser Rv Shadow Cruiser 193mb (22' 6200lbs) biggest refrigerator + SC200rds new floor plan with a slide off the back (7400lbs)
-Venture RV (Thor) Sonic Lite 150vrk single axle (19.2' 3500lbs), Sonic Lite SL168vrb (sleep width wise 60") double axle (21' 4000lbs) + SL169vrd (sleep width wise 60") double axle (21.3' 4000 lbs)+ Sonic SN190VRB double axle (22.10' 4500lbs) + SN200VML double axle (23.4' 5200lbs)
-Winnebago Micro Minnie 1700bh (20'9") + 2106ds (21.11') Mocha Interior
-Outdoor RV 21RBS 21' murphy bed (24'10") (optional dual recliners instead of dinette)
-Dutchman Areolite 218rbsl 25.2'
-‎Gulf Stream Vintage 19mbs, 19erd
-Jayco Humingbird 16mrb 19'9" Gvwr 3750lbs

Good luck with your selection.
__________________
2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
SSTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
Member
 
Jgriff1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Nanaimo, B.C
Posts: 52
Have a look at the Coachmen Apex Nano 203rbk.
23 ft including tonque.
I am close to buying this as it to is all Azdel composite and no wood except cupboards and plywood under seat cushions.
It has a nifty fold down bench seat that turns into a queen bed and is super easy to operate or a queen bed in place.
Only weights 3800 lbs. Nice shower and outside kitchen with a fridge. Also a big fridge inside. Dual axels.power awning and much more. Great price as well.
The quality I think is fantastic.
On YouTube there is a whole rundown buy an RV dealer that starts with a H. He does a great job of it.
Jgriff1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Quarter Pole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
What are thoughts on the No Boundaries 19.5, no Murphy beds but I like the toughness it appears to have.
Quarter Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
dpaehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Kermit, Texas
Posts: 9
We just purchased the e-pro 19BH, and love it. Tows great with our SUV and I don't have to contend with the murphy bed and have a full shower/tub. Aluminum framed cabinets as well and bunk beds for grandkids. It suits our needs perfectly. A sweet little trailer with many upgrades.
dpaehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Chas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Breaux Bridge, LA
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaehl View Post
We just purchased the e-pro 19BH, and love it. Tows great with our SUV and I don't have to contend with the murphy bed and have a full shower/tub. Aluminum framed cabinets as well and bunk beds for grandkids. It suits our needs perfectly. A sweet little trailer with many upgrades.


Yeah, we went with the Geo Pro 19QB and love it so far. My heart still flutters when I see a Lance, but weíre very happy with ours.
Chas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
dpaehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Kermit, Texas
Posts: 9
We just returned from a trip to the mountains in our 2020 19HB E-pro. We love this camper! Pulls so easily and the bunk beds are a plus for us! We have no children but do have 3 small dogs. lower bunk is perfect for dog kennels. We researched for over a year and looked all over Texas. We researched owners forums and read numerous horror stories. We have owned Forest River products in the past and had no issues and decided to stick with what we knew! Camper is well built with aluminum framed cabinets. We reinforced drawers and glued every seam with wood glue and also went through the camper and tightened all screws and bolts inside and out before taking the camper on the road. We will install a bumper and do a few other small projects but overall we love our little camper!
__________________
dpaehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:45 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
kittscreek's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 2
Bought a Geo Pro 19FBS

My wife and I researched just about every rv made and settled on the Geo Pro. It suits us well and we are just getting it set up. Bought it about a month ago and couldn't be happier. We were previously Class C rv owners and the issues mechanically with the E450 were too common and expensive to be fun anymore. I can pull this rig easily with my Tundra.
kittscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Chas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Breaux Bridge, LA
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittscreek View Post
My wife and I researched just about every rv made and settled on the Geo Pro. It suits us well and we are just getting it set up. Bought it about a month ago and couldn't be happier. We were previously Class C rv owners and the issues mechanically with the E450 were too common and expensive to be fun anymore. I can pull this rig easily with my Tundra.


If youíre not already, the E Pro/Geo Pro fb group is pretty great!
Chas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:55 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 20
Any Pro owner accessed spare tire?

Have been researching these for months and am 90% convinced these may be 'the one' (Pro 19FB in either flavor Rockwood / Forest River, same thing).
To any existing owner....have you ever tried access to the spare tire that seems to be mounted to the belly of the trailer frame, in the vicinity of the entry door?
Is there some kind of hoist / cable to let the tire down or anything other than crawling under there on your back to bench press this tire to make use of it?
I can find nothing in any video, online owner manual, etc to show / explain how the spare tire is accessed.
Any ideas?
__________________
If you ever went camping in a VW Westfalia camper bus, you might be as old as me!
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:59 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaehl View Post
We just returned from a trip to the mountains in our 2020 19HB E-pro. We love this camper! Pulls so easily and the bunk beds are a plus for us! We have no children but do have 3 small dogs. lower bunk is perfect for dog kennels. We researched for over a year and looked all over Texas. We researched owners forums and read numerous horror stories. We have owned Forest River products in the past and had no issues and decided to stick with what we knew! Camper is well built with aluminum framed cabinets. We reinforced drawers and glued every seam with wood glue and also went through the camper and tightened all screws and bolts inside and out before taking the camper on the road. We will install a bumper and do a few other small projects but overall we love our little camper!
I'm looking at purchasing a 2020 E-PRO 19BH, and I was wondering if you are still loving the one you've had a few years now. Had any problems so far?
cowboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winnebago or Forest River geo pro lekarebeauty Travel Trailer Discussion 3 09-19-2018 11:25 AM
Forest River :: 2007 Forest River Georgetown 359 Mrj52 iRV2 Owners Registry 0 09-26-2016 02:46 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.