Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #1

Forest River Geo Pro

Based on two criteria, which are the external height and the gvwr (my Tundra can tow with ease and it will fit in my RV garage), I am considering both the Geo Pro and the Rockwood E Pro. I guess they are new models. I see a few YouTube videos featuring couples camping in them, at least one couple allegedly full timing. They are really lightweight but check many compromise boxes for me. I know lightweight generally means low quality, but does anyone have personal experience with these minimalist campers?
DeadGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGrandpa View Post
Based on two criteria, which are the external height and the gvwr (my Tundra can tow with ease and it will fit in my RV garage), I am considering both the Geo Pro and the Rockwood E Pro. I guess they are new models. I see a few YouTube videos featuring couples camping in them, at least one couple allegedly full timing. They are really lightweight but check many compromise boxes for me. I know lightweight generally means low quality, but does anyone have personal experience with these minimalist campers?

We’re at a similar decision making point and frustrated at how difficult researching these TT can be. I mean, I just want to be a headlight on a northbound trailer! Anyway, I just saw there’s finally a FB group for them. I’m awaiting acceptance to join. Hope that helps your researching! So many roads..
Chas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas W View Post
We’re at a similar decision making point and frustrated at how difficult researching these TT can be. I mean, I just want to be a headlight on a northbound trailer! Anyway, I just saw there’s finally a FB group for them. I’m awaiting acceptance to join. Hope that helps your researching! So many roads..
I solved the issue by going in another direction. I came across a mention of Camplite travel trailers made by LivinLite. They are all aluminum frame and chassis, with composite floors, walls and roof. No wood anywhere except for the cabinet doors. Even the roof and outer skin is aluminum on my 2015 model. I read that Thor Industries bought the company and shut down production, but I can't verify that is true. The LivinLite website still functions, and there is a "factory tour" photo group that sold me on the quality. A search on rvtrader.com found only used models for sale. I like mine.
DeadGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #4

Unfortunately I’m way down in south Louisiana, so there aren’t Camplites, Lances, or ORVs anywhere near me. Enjoy!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #5

Here is a list I came up with for small lightweight travel trailers. I like the Murphy bed floor plans because I don't want to waste space with a full time bed down. They also have bunk models.
-Travel lite Idea i18
-Livin Lite, Camp Lite 16bhs 4400gvwr 20'
-Forest River
Forest river Epro 19fd and Geopro 19fd -murphy bed models
R-pods
Rockwood mini lite 1905 + 2304rks
Flagstaff micro lite 19fd (19kd has a flip up bunk over the dinette)
Salem cruise lite or wildwood xlit 197bh + 171rbxl (22.5')
Surveyor 200mble 23.8' 7500lbs
Wolf pup 16bh 21.5', Grey Wolf 17bhse 23.5"
-Coachmen Apex Nano 185bh (20.6') + 193bhs (22.1') + Clipper/Viking Ultra lite 17bhs
-Keystone summerland/springdale mini 1850 (21.5') + 1800bh (21.5') + 2200 mb (26.2'), Hideout 185lhs (21.5') + 192lhs (24'), Passport 151ml (19') + 175bh (21.3') + 195rb (23.4') + 199ml (22.9' 5000lb), Bullet crossfire 1800rb (21.6x)
-Heartland Sundance 189mb (22')
-Cruiser Rv Shadow Cruiser 193mb (22' 6200lbs) biggest refrigerator + SC200rds new floor plan with a slide off the back (7400lbs)
-Venture RV (Thor) Sonic Lite 150vrk single axle (19.2' 3500lbs), Sonic Lite SL168vrb (sleep width wise 60") double axle (21' 4000lbs) + SL169vrd (sleep width wise 60") double axle (21.3' 4000 lbs)+ Sonic SN190VRB double axle (22.10' 4500lbs) + SN200VML double axle (23.4' 5200lbs)
-Winnebago Micro Minnie 1700bh (20'9") + 2106ds (21.11') Mocha Interior
-Outdoor RV 21RBS 21' murphy bed (24'10") (optional dual recliners instead of dinette)
-Dutchman Areolite 218rbsl 25.2'
-‎Gulf Stream Vintage 19mbs, 19erd
-Jayco Humingbird 16mrb 19'9" Gvwr 3750lbs

Good luck with your selection.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #6

Have a look at the Coachmen Apex Nano 203rbk.
23 ft including tonque.
I am close to buying this as it to is all Azdel composite and no wood except cupboards and plywood under seat cushions.
It has a nifty fold down bench seat that turns into a queen bed and is super easy to operate or a queen bed in place.
Only weights 3800 lbs. Nice shower and outside kitchen with a fridge. Also a big fridge inside. Dual axels.power awning and much more. Great price as well.
The quality I think is fantastic.
On YouTube there is a whole rundown buy an RV dealer that starts with a H. He does a great job of it.
Jgriff1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #7

What are thoughts on the No Boundaries 19.5, no Murphy beds but I like the toughness it appears to have.
Quarter Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #8

We just purchased the e-pro 19BH, and love it. Tows great with our SUV and I don't have to contend with the murphy bed and have a full shower/tub. Aluminum framed cabinets as well and bunk beds for grandkids. It suits our needs perfectly. A sweet little trailer with many upgrades.
dpaehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaehl View Post
We just purchased the e-pro 19BH, and love it. Tows great with our SUV and I don't have to contend with the murphy bed and have a full shower/tub. Aluminum framed cabinets as well and bunk beds for grandkids. It suits our needs perfectly. A sweet little trailer with many upgrades.

Yeah, we went with the Geo Pro 19QB and love it so far. My heart still flutters when I see a Lance, but we’re very happy with ours.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:12 PM   #10

We just returned from a trip to the mountains in our 2020 19HB E-pro. We love this camper! Pulls so easily and the bunk beds are a plus for us! We have no children but do have 3 small dogs. lower bunk is perfect for dog kennels. We researched for over a year and looked all over Texas. We researched owners forums and read numerous horror stories. We have owned Forest River products in the past and had no issues and decided to stick with what we knew! Camper is well built with aluminum framed cabinets. We reinforced drawers and glued every seam with wood glue and also went through the camper and tightened all screws and bolts inside and out before taking the camper on the road. We will install a bumper and do a few other small projects but overall we love our little camper!
Old 07-27-2019, 04:45 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Bought a Geo Pro 19FBS

My wife and I researched just about every rv made and settled on the Geo Pro. It suits us well and we are just getting it set up. Bought it about a month ago and couldn't be happier. We were previously Class C rv owners and the issues mechanically with the E450 were too common and expensive to be fun anymore. I can pull this rig easily with my Tundra.
kittscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittscreek View Post
My wife and I researched just about every rv made and settled on the Geo Pro. It suits us well and we are just getting it set up. Bought it about a month ago and couldn't be happier. We were previously Class C rv owners and the issues mechanically with the E450 were too common and expensive to be fun anymore. I can pull this rig easily with my Tundra.

If you’re not already, the E Pro/Geo Pro fb group is pretty great!
Old 08-29-2019, 07:55 AM   #13

Any Pro owner accessed spare tire?

Have been researching these for months and am 90% convinced these may be 'the one' (Pro 19FB in either flavor Rockwood / Forest River, same thing).
To any existing owner....have you ever tried access to the spare tire that seems to be mounted to the belly of the trailer frame, in the vicinity of the entry door?
Is there some kind of hoist / cable to let the tire down or anything other than crawling under there on your back to bench press this tire to make use of it?
I can find nothing in any video, online owner manual, etc to show / explain how the spare tire is accessed.
Any ideas?
Old 10-20-2022, 09:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaehl View Post
We just returned from a trip to the mountains in our 2020 19HB E-pro. We love this camper! Pulls so easily and the bunk beds are a plus for us! We have no children but do have 3 small dogs. lower bunk is perfect for dog kennels. We researched for over a year and looked all over Texas. We researched owners forums and read numerous horror stories. We have owned Forest River products in the past and had no issues and decided to stick with what we knew! Camper is well built with aluminum framed cabinets. We reinforced drawers and glued every seam with wood glue and also went through the camper and tightened all screws and bolts inside and out before taking the camper on the road. We will install a bumper and do a few other small projects but overall we love our little camper!
I'm looking at purchasing a 2020 E-PRO 19BH, and I was wondering if you are still loving the one you've had a few years now. Had any problems so far?
cowboiler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river