Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for publishing this connection with Coachman. I had no idea that Forest River was the parent company until last night when I posted that I could not find a link for Coachman. We have a Coachman Aruara 34.5' class A 2004 we bought a year ago. We use it as our home away from home when my wife travels for her job. Which is about 10 months a year.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #16

Looking at a 2004, 26FT Forest River (Sunseaker) w/1-slide. Only has about 12,000 on the speedo. Great shape. Little high on price but condition is pristine & we are planning to keep it for a while. Yeh, another item may be crossed off our Bucket List.
Hocky
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile spinnaker

Forest River also made a Spinnaker model from 1999 to 2002.I have a 33' with 2 slides and a rear living room.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #18

We've just joined the Forest River family, having bought a 2002 Georgetown 325 with two slides. We had decided we missed the lifestyle too much not to start again after our first disastrous purchase (an '85 Jamboree Class C with a Ford 46 with a caburator). We sold that junk pile 5 years ago.

After four months of searching eBay, RVTrader.com, Craigslists all over the country, the PPL inventory, etc., we found this one about 40 miles away advertised in our local paper. The sellers were the original owners and had looked after it so well, you'd think it was only a couple of years old. The interior is in superb conditon.

The outside has weathered a bit and both slide toppers are shot. The house battery (just one, though there's room for two) had suffered from lack of activity amd wouldn't hold a charge. There are now two new Costco deep-cycle RV batteries installed. New tires are next (the the originals from week 33 of 2001 are on there now), after a two day shakedown trip to Steamboat Rock State Park next week. We'll probably go with Les Schwab and Toyo tires. New slide toppers from Texas RV will be on order soon for DIY installation.

Next couple of days, I'll be de-winterizing, checking the LPG system, putting the patio awning out, checking tire pressures. Still need to get a patio carpet.

Really looking forward to getting out there, and since this rig only has 11,500 miles on its V-10, I expect it will do for us for quite a while.

I was a transit coach driver for a few years, so the 32' 6" length doesn't bother me. The 102" width does present a challenge, as the clearance down the side of the garage is only 100". The garage roof has a 30" overhang, so 9" or so will be coming off.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks so much Janet H for this forum. I know I will be visiting it often.
Ladyrvr66
2007 Coachmen Concord 24'
Co-Pilot 'Bubbles' Toy Poodle
Old 08-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
please add us a new member we pick up our 2011 georgetown wed as we leave our 2009 HR behind.looking forward to more time out (about 12 weeks in the past year)and more space.
safe journey's to all
brian & ellie

ps now i need to know how to change my profile and logo
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #21

Here's a follow up to my original post.

Son-in-law and I modified the garage roof overhang. The RV fits very well, except, the RV's house door is higher than the newly modified roof! For now, we're putting it just far enough into its slot that the house door is short of the garage corner. At least it doesn't hang out over the street!

When we shut down for the winter, I'll put it all the way in and bail out through the driver's door into next door's side yard. Long term, we'll probably do another minor modification to the roof to allow the house door to open and add a person-door through the side wall into the garage.

Next "facilities" job is to wire a 30A outlet for the RV and install a pedestal.

Next door is a rental whose owners live in the greater San Diego area. The husband was visiting a few weeks ago and when we told him what we were doing to accommodate the RV he said "Hell, just put 12'' more concrete paving on my side of the property line - I don't care." Neighbor-owners like that are worth their weight in gold! We didn't take him up on his offer, as we think we can make it all work without doing that.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Smile 2011 Grey wolf 29 BH trailer

Hi, Just bought my first new trailer. 2011 29 BH grey wolf trailer. Just been out in it for one nite before putting it away for the winter. It has the master bedroom up front and 4 bunks at the rear. One slide out for the dinette and couch and the kitchen in the middle. Looking forward to the camping season
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00011.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	8292   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00013.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	8293  

Old 02-12-2011, 05:33 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome Woody62. Nice looking setup. I'm sure you will enjoy many more trips.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #24

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Love our Sierra.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
I have a Lexington 255 motorhome and will be parked for six months. What kinds of things do I need to check or change?

Carolyn
Old 03-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #26

We are also new Forest River owners.

We bought a 2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ model at a recent RV show. Should get delivery this coming week. I am having awnings added all around; a Direct TV HD dish; 4 6-volt house batteries and a 1800 watt inverter; and the outside front passenger bsmt storage area set up for a TV so we can watch while outside. Additionally, there were some problems right off the bat before we even drove the coach: wiring crossed for the drivers seat, power awnings and maybe other things; foggy left camera lens, hood does not fit or latch, french doors not fitted properly, wiper missing (hope they don't turn it on or they will be replacing the windshield too), patio light would not go out and some other odds and ends needing attention.

Still, can't wait to get it and start fiddling around with my new coach.

Roll
Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Roll, by now you may have picked up your new RV. Congrats.

I can't understand how the issues you mention could ever leave the manufacturer that way. Where is the manufacturer pre-delivery inspection at. If I ever left an aircraft in that condition after working on it I would no longer have a job. I believe the problem maybe that we as the general public allow this to happen & the dealer takes care of it before & sometimes after delivery to the customer. We & the Dealers need to be more demanding on what the manufacturer ships out. All in All, I belive the manufacturer is putting out good products and these are minor issues that most new owner have to deal with. I hope all your hit list items have been taken care of to your satifaction.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvtaylor View Post
Allignment was also brought to my attention when i had a Safe-T absorber installled to my front steering right after I bought our Georgetown. Our dealer sent it out to a Ford Truck dealer in Richmond and they realligned the front wheels for us. Forest river paid for it. with 17000 miles, my front tires are wearing true. No allignment problems. And the Safe-T absorber stopped much of the wandering I encountered at first. It may have been me overstearing the motor home as this was our first after three 5th wheels.

T

Same problem here. 2011 encounter 37 TZ and on the drive home it wandered all over the road; also steering wheel has to be in the right turn position to drive straight down the highway. I think I'll chase an alighment right away.

Large trucks passing me push me off the road and then pull me in as they complete the pass. This is normal I guess?

Roll
Closed Thread