Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Forest River Owners Forum

Forest River Inc is the parent company for many brands of recreational vehicles. In recent years they have expanded their lines and most recently acquired Coachman industries. Continually growing, Forest River operates multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the mid-west and west coast.

Check out their extensive website for regular updates and info about their wide line of products and service.

Here is a current list of their family of brands:
Coachman
Forest River
Cardinal
Cedar Creek
Cherokee
Salem
Sandpiper
Sierra
V-Cross
Wildcat
Wildwood
Flagstaff
Rockwood
r.pod
Surveyor
Shamrock

Motorhomes:
Berkshire
Charleston
Tsunami
Georgetown
Forester
Sunseeker
Lexington

Wash your hands, flatten the curve - we can do this!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Great, thank you!
We're new owners of a 2010 Forest River Freelander class C MH. The coach itself does not say Forest River anywhere on the rig. Only Coachmen Freelander. When we picked out our MH there was still a 2009 on the lot and I couldn't tell any difference in parts between it and our rig. It will be interesting to see what changes will happen to Coachmen over time.

2010 Coachmen Freelander 3150
Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
JanetH, Thanks for setting up the forum We own a Coachmen Captiva T/T and really enjoy it. Glad to see an area where other Coachmen Owners are there. Thanks again
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #4

We own a Cardinal 5th and would like to say thanks for listing a forum for FR.It's good to know if I have questions about my rig,I have a forum to try and get help.
2005 Cardinal 35CKT,2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke,CC,4x4,5" Dual exhaust,Hypertech powerchip 111 stage,Firestone Airbags,25K Airsafe Hitch,125cc Yamaha scooter,250cc Lance Scooter.Basset Hound (Shorty).
Old 09-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #5

we just bought a 2010 Forest River model 378 yesterday at the rv show in Hershey, Pa. We will pick it up in oct. Can't wait
Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBINGHAM View Post
we just bought a 2010 Forest River model 378 yesterday at the rv show in Hershey, Pa. We will pick it up in oct. Can't wait
Congrats and a great choice. Did you go with the Full Body Paint? We bought our GT 370 3 years ago at the Hershey Show. I'm not sure how many units they're building but we were told the end of October and it became the end of November. We really liked the 378 with the fireplace but with 3 daughters the bath and a half made more sense at the time. We were at the show Friday and Saturday looking around. I was surprised that there were only a few Georgetowns, no Berkshires or Charlestowns from FR. It really looked to be a great show for the dealers. There were more Sold signs on just about every unit than I can ever remember in the past. It's only a few weeks away before your unit arrives, it may seem like an eternity but it's definitely worth the wait.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Dbingham.. We have a 2008 Georgetown XL 378 now with 17000 miles on it. Just made a 8700 mile trip out west and had no problems. Forest River makes a good product. Only saw a couple of Georgetowns on the road through out the trip. Thought I would see more. We did meet a couple that bought a 2009 Georgetown 378 in TN and they liked theirs as well. We have had a lot of complements on ours with the large living room. We winter in Florida so the fireplace gets a lot of use.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvtaylor View Post
Dbingham.. We have a 2008 Georgetown XL 378 now with 17000 miles on it. Just made a 8700 mile trip out west and had no problems. Forest River makes a good product. Only saw a couple of Georgetowns on the road through out the trip. Thought I would see more. We did meet a couple that bought a 2009 Georgetown 378 in TN and they liked theirs as well. We have had a lot of complements on ours with the large living room. We winter in Florida so the fireplace gets a lot of use.
I belong to ForestRiverForums as well and one of the Georgetown 378 owners posted that just after he had 8300 miles on his RV he had to replace the front tires. The inside of both tires were bald. This was the result of the coach not having a front end alignment after the coach was built. I caution everyone to check those tires for wear periodically. FR will only pay for an alignment within the first 90 days of ownership.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I belong to ForestRiverForums as well and one of the Georgetown 378 owners posted that just after he had 8300 miles on his RV he had to replace the front tires. The inside of both tires were bald. This was the result of the coach not having a front end alignment after the coach was built. I caution everyone to check those tires for wear periodically. FR will only pay for an alignment within the first 90 days of ownership.
Allignment was also brought to my attention when i had a Safe-T absorber installled to my front steering right after I bought our Georgetown. Our dealer sent it out to a Ford Truck dealer in Richmond and they realligned the front wheels for us. Forest river paid for it. with 17000 miles, my front tires are wearing true. No allignment problems. And the Safe-T absorber stopped much of the wandering I encountered at first. It may have been me overstearing the motor home as this was our first after three 5th wheels.

T
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #10

look I want to get up with someone at forest river for info and I need some phone numbers
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
look I want to get up with someone at forest river for info and I need some phone numbers
Try these numbers: 574.296.7700, Mike McCoy 260.593.2417 He is director of customer service for Forest River.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvtaylor View Post
Allignment was also brought to my attention when i had a Safe-T absorber installled to my front steering right after I bought our Georgetown. Our dealer sent it out to a Ford Truck dealer in Richmond and they realligned the front wheels for us. Forest river paid for it. with 17000 miles, my front tires are wearing true. No allignment problems. And the Safe-T absorber stopped much of the wandering I encountered at first. It may have been me overstearing the motor home as this was our first after three 5th wheels.

T
That's encouraging to hear. My front tires don't show any signs of uneven wear so I feel fortunate. We added Air Springs after the first year and it really helped stabilize the rocking.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
That's encouraging to hear. My front tires don't show any signs of uneven wear so I feel fortunate. We added Air Springs after the first year and it really helped stabilize the rocking.
Did you add air springs on the rear or front. we had them and compressor on our GMC when we were pulling a Montana 5th wheel and they work. I was thinking of a heavier stablizer in the rear. A friend added larger shocks in the front as they were having the same rocking problem with their motorhome and that helped.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #14

Both, sorry for such a long time before responding. We were traveling and recently returned. I'm currently dealing with the rear differential failure on my GT 370. Only has 9165 miles. It's under warranty but it is a bit disturbing. My complete issue is documented at Transmission Troubles - Forest River Forums
Closed Thread