Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #85

Windjammer I had was JUNK!
Sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:25 AM   #86

Forest River Owners Club
My 2018 Prime Time Tracer (FR subsidiary) so far has not let me down. Worst problem I have had is the heat duct next to the queen bed seems to be blocked but that is a blessing in disguise for us because my wife is sensitive to propane heat exhaust and sleeps just fine now.

I just wish they didn't install a touch sensitive thermostat because just accidentally brushing against it will change the temperature. An easy fix by swapping it out with a different one though and not really a quality control issue. Just a bad choice of gimmick.

Already planning my November trip with a boon docking adventure.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 AM   #87

Monaco Owners Club
Just bought a 2018 sierra 378fb fifth wheel. I agree it is the worst quality. Seems they have no quality control at all. Two days after we set up the whole front under bay fell out caused by the gray tank not being secured good enough. It took the wiring, plumbing and the under belly covering. I have a long list of things that don't work or won't work properly. The construction quality stinks. Wood work inside is paper covered MDF. This is a $70,000 RV? Any one have experience with a lemon law in Florida?
magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
Just bought a 2018 sierra 378fb fifth wheel. I agree it is the worst quality. Seems they have no quality control at all. Two days after we set up the whole front under bay fell out caused by the gray tank not being secured good enough. It took the wiring, plumbing and the under belly covering. I have a long list of things that don't work or won't work properly. The construction quality stinks. Wood work inside is paper covered MDF. This is a $70,000 RV? Any one have experience with a lemon law in Florida?
Then why did you buy it......seems to me a lot of your lack of look'n around is on you....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
Just bought a 2018 sierra 378fb fifth wheel. I agree it is the worst quality. .... The construction quality stinks. Wood work inside is paper covered MDF. This is a $70,000 RV? Any one have experience with a lemon law in Florida?
I'm not much into blanket statements about manufacturers as none make a perfect product.

There are many factors that need to be considered when building a MH or TT, an important one being weight. Solid wood walls are definitely richer, more luxurious and impressive, but the trailer is already at over 12,500#. How would it be to have to spend $100K plus for a tow vehicle because the TT is 20,000#? All the manufacturers must balance the types of materials used with weight, quality, durability.

These things are machines with a bunch of moving parts.... Even the $2.5M Prevost coaches have issues hence they come with warranties... "poop happens"
Old 11-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #90

Forest River Owners Club
Lance TT's have had that exact reported issue from time to time as well and they are considered a top tier RV.

I spent the better part of half a day doing a full inspection of my new RV before I signed any paper work taking ownership. That included testing the electrical system, filling all the water tanks, slide outs, crawled under neat, tested the water heater, checked the tires DOT dates and axle ratings. I have taken my 2018 Prime Time (FR subsidiary) Tracer 215Air out on 3 different trips since delivery in August and other than a finicky touch sensitive thermostat have been very happy with it.

To expect to take an RV home without a thorough inspection would like be buying a house "as is". No dealership would refuse this request and if they did you just simply walk away. If the tank had dropped out the bottom at the dealership you could have saved $70K and refused to purchase that 5er right then and there. How well your RV is made is determined by who was working on it the day the tanks were installed. It's a crap shoot so it's your responsibility to ensure that you aren't accepting an amateur's nightmare. If you aren't confident enough to perform the inspection the hire a 3rd party professional. Sure it might cost you $200+ but it's a lot better than a $70K shop queen.

Yes, the manufacturer should have better quality control. Yes, they are fully responsible for the situation you have since you are still under warranty. The bad news is your confidence is shaken, you are stuck with that 5er that will spend a lot of time at the dealership undergoing extensive repairs, and while you spent $70K on it the moment you drove it off the lot it depreciated at least $10k so if you decide to trade it or sell it you are taking a hell of a loss. I would seriously consider consulting an attorney now to get the manufacturer to offer a full refund or replace it with another one. I'm sorry to see this is the situation you are in but never take delivery of an RV without inspecting it. Some dealerships will even let you stay in them a day or two to fully test everything out if they are a quality dealership. Something to consider if you get the opportunity.

Tags
quality