Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #771

Firstly The new 15 will have a full one year warranty on the coach appliances and one year of coach net to help you with a warranty or roadside issues. The Ford Chassis 3 year 36 month warranty is transferrable.
The 15 will have kingsize bed and the coach is 8" longer than an early 14.
A 15 will have a 15,000 btu A/C not 13.5. A 15 will have electric and gas water heat capability. A 15 will have LED's under the awning. A 15 will have the better steps. The front cap on a 15 is redesigned it will be beige not dark brown the brown caps have windshield leaking issues. A 15 will have the upgraded shower door. Sometime in 15 the 2 options became standard equipment that is the leveling jacks and the bedroom TV. The things that would be a deal breaker to me is if it had the 13.5A/C no electric water heat and the early shower curtain and early front cap. A lot of the changes I have listed were interim changes made during the 2014 run but a 2015 will have them all. The A/C in a 30DS is a weak point the most recent 30DS will have an A/C with a 18000 btu, nice but not a deal breaker.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #772

Ford Super Duty Owner
Slides

who makes the slide mechanism.
It looks a little Mickey Mouse?
Just wondering about issues
Still no answer on the king bed folding when the slide comes in?
Does it or is it flat.
Don
Old 05-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #773

I believe the slide mechanism is made by BAL and called Accu-Slide. I can't comment on the reliability of this system. The bed stays flat on the 30DS.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #774

Check your anode rods, this is mine after less than a year old. My faucets and toilet kept clogging with sandy, calcium build up stuff... Here's whyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434842897.933704.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	97901Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434842926.019548.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	97902make sure there is no hot water in the tank because when you take out the rod, you get sprayed with this
Fiveoh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #775

Hey guys. Long time lurker on here. Just picked up a used 2014 (2nd half model year) FR3 30DS 5 days ago in LA. First ever camper/motorhome. Today, when I was getting it ready for its maiden voyage, I brought the slide in and it caught the all vinyl flooring, ripping it in the process. The unit was purchased June 16, 2014 so its just out of warranty (although from what I can tell that wouldnt matter as it looks like FR's warranty is NOT transferrable.) Obviously the main slide pushed down hard enough against the flooring on the way in that it balled up and then ripped the vinyl.

Can anyone help me as to how I should pursue this?? I contacted FR but havent received anything back yet. Anyone else have this issue? Is it because the slide needs adjusted? Can it be adjusted by someone with some mechanical ability? I feel like I could find multiple floor experts to repair the vinyl, my concern is having this happen again after its repaired. Does anyone put duct tape down along the floor to help the slide not catch anything?

Looking for any and all help from the mounds of knowledge on this forum. Thanks in advance.

Johnny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3512.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	98204  
duracell24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #776

Picking up our 2014 FR3 30DS next week. This will be our first RV. I've read through this forum and have found it extremely helpful. Knowing the issues/potential issues in advance will really help us get started out on the right foot... Thanks to all!
haedtler is offline   Reply With Quote