Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #757

Check under the headboard for another piece of plywood. Under mine was a piece covered in carpet, attached with a full width hinge that could be folded up to raise the head of the bed. Like to watch TV????
I took it out and the mattress slides much easier now

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #758

Getting my FR3 prepped for go on the 11th. Then on to Key West on the 13th.
pvbbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:25 AM   #759

TV, DVD player

I just picked up my 2015 FR3 30DS, I did not get a decent explanation of the entertainment system and have a question that I would like to put out there. I have the Furruin TV/DVD system located in the dash. Does the bed room TV work with the DVD player? Also does the outside TV work with the DVD system? Any help would be appreciated
TOM Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:46 PM   #760

FR3 Customer satisfaction

Seriously considering a 25DS or a 28DS quite soon now for shorter trips around Montana and trips back to California to see family. Not sure if this is the best place to put this post but will give it a try since I see quite a few mentions of new rigs. Looking at 2014 or 2015 models. Any input? Back to the salt mines after a brief retirement but still DW would like to travel a bit. Rig occupants include the two of us and a small and medium dog. I like the look of the FR3 and seems fairly well built plus we have a dealer fairly close for Montana that has pretty good service and reasonable price - low 80K for 25DS. All input gratefully received.
kfdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM Live View Post
I just picked up my 2015 FR3 30DS, I did not get a decent explanation of the entertainment system and have a question that I would like to put out there. I have the Furruin TV/DVD system located in the dash. Does the bed room TV work with the DVD player? Also does the outside TV work with the DVD system? Any help would be appreciated
You have a different system than mine as I have an early 2014 version of the FR3 but...yes, press play on your DVD, choose speaker B and then select the correct input on your outside TV. Mt unit didn't come with a bedroom tv so for sure it won't play there and guessing yours won't unless there is something more than just a cable hookup in the bedroom...
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfdray View Post
Seriously considering a 25DS or a 28DS quite soon now for shorter trips around Montana and trips back to California to see family. Not sure if this is the best place to put this post but will give it a try since I see quite a few mentions of new rigs. Looking at 2014 or 2015 models. Any input? Back to the salt mines after a brief retirement but still DW would like to travel a bit. Rig occupants include the two of us and a small and medium dog. I like the look of the FR3 and seems fairly well built plus we have a dealer fairly close for Montana that has pretty good service and reasonable price - low 80K for 25DS. All input gratefully received.
I understand there were a lot of issues with the bedroom slides on the 2015's and the 2014's with king size beds. I belive these were recalled. I'd make sure if buying one of these...the slide motor has been corrected. Also the older versions had poor Ac's. Newer versions have been upgraded to heat pump 15500 btus. ... as far as which model...no matter what, most RV'ers find, bigger is better. I have 30DS with 2 of us and 2 small dogs and couldn't image smaller but those with a 25DS certainly make do without complaints. Just remember this is an entry coach so expectations should match. Having said that. ..you get a lot of bang for your buck. Enjoy!
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #763

Forest River Owners Club
just left a dealership today after looking at the newer 30DS and my wife said pull the trigger! what? What changed her mind? Well they got rid of that flimsy shower curtain thing and put in a sliding shower door. The AC unit is now 15K with a heat pump. The doors under the dinette benchs now open side to side instead of folding down onto the floor. The main tv cabinet opens on a side hinge now as well. AND we finally figured out how to close up the recliner thingies on the sofa! LOL Now to get to wheeling and dealing!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #764

The party is over..........

I'm out.
We were one of the first to buy and were very involved in development suggestions with the factory, but for various reasons we just sold our 2014 FR-3 30DS.
I was SUPER excited when we got it but the string of issues we had, although minor and almost all covered by warranty, wore me down.
The factory was pretty good about getting things fixed and getting parts to the dealer and perhaps I just had unrealistic expectations, we did own a Monaco previously, but it seemed like something was constantly needing attention.
The Anode Rod clogging the water system on the last two trips is what really pissed me off. Luckily I have been able to fix the minor stuff myself, I don't think anyone that is not mechanically inclined should own ANY R.V. and the FR-3 is no exception.
All that being said, we just were not using it enough to justify the expense of an $80k Motorhome. Probably going to do the sub $15k used toy hauler at some point but I'll need time to cool off a bit first!
I've had fun giving my two cents and documenting some of the common fixes, as well as developing some internet buddies through the process, I wish you all the best!
Cowboy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #765

I would like to report that we are also am leaving the FR3 community. In my case the coach was for the most part trouble free. We bought a fairly recent 2015 30DS with most of the products improvements in it. We spent a very pleasurable trip to Pensacola this past Feb and the wife and I had a few things we'ld like to change all of which would require upgrading to a different floorplan coach. A dealer here in KY offered us what we originally paid for the FR3 as trade in value so we are upgrading to a bigger and deceidedly not entry level coach. FWIW the FR3 was resold by the dealer before we took the new unit off the lot. The FR3 was our first RV and we enjoyed it enough that upgrading was a logical progression for us. It was money well spent.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:49 PM   #766

Clogged water system anode rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
I'm out.
We were one of the first to buy and were very involved in development suggestions with the factory, but for various reasons we just sold our 2014 FR-3 30DS.
I was SUPER excited when we got it but the string of issues we had, although minor and almost all covered by warranty, wore me down.
The factory was pretty good about getting things fixed and getting parts to the dealer and perhaps I just had unrealistic expectations, we did own a Monaco previously, but it seemed like something was constantly needing attention.
The Anode Rod clogging the water system on the last two trips is what really pissed me off. Luckily I have been able to fix the minor stuff myself, I don't think anyone that is not mechanically inclined should own ANY R.V. and the FR-3 is no exception.
All that being said, we just were not using it enough to justify the expense of an $80k Motorhome. Probably going to do the sub $15k used toy hauler at some point but I'll need time to cool off a bit first!
I've had fun giving my two cents and documenting some of the common fixes, as well as developing some internet buddies through the process, I wish you all the best!
My water system routinely clogs with what I thought was plastic from the plastic pipes being put together, but lately it seems more gritty, what causes this Bob and did you have this problem? Sorry to see you go, you are a wealth of knowledge !!
Fiveoh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #767

Wish you luck and thanks for your participation!
Old 04-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #768

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fr3 king bed

Do the 2016 30ds bed when slide closed does bed fold.if so not good we use our bedwith no slides out, in winter going south
Don
Old 04-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #769

The grit is most likely from the anode rod located in the water heater. Excess sediment from the anode rod can cause flow problems within your RV's fresh water system. In certain conditions, the anode rod can completely dissolve in way less than two years! I read an article that stated that magnesium anode rods work best with soft water and aluminum anode rods work best for hard water.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #770

Tiffin Owners Club
Quick question:I'm going to buy an FR3 30DS and have an option to get a new 2015 or a slightly used 2014 for less money. Can't find a list of 2015 enhancements anywhere on the internet or the Forest River site. Can anyone out there please tell me what enhancements/changes/fixes were made in the 2015 model vs the 2014? Thanks!!
dilyse is offline   Reply With Quote