Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #1

FR3 first hand experience?

Hello,

I know there are posts similar to this already posted. Thought I'd repost, sometime there are new owners who might also have opinions.

My family and I are close to pulling the trigger on a new RV. We're considering a 2016 Fr3 30ds.

I'd love to hear your first hand experience with the Fr3. I understand it's considered an entry level unit but just curious about the unit and Forest River as a company.

Thanks in advance!
dtoste77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2015, 08:21 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Drive it first
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Drive it first

I Agree you need to test drive it. Your opinion may be different from what others will tell you.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
vod

Definitely test drive it. We picked up our 2016 30ds last June and really like it. Camped somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 days in it so far and have put about 3500 miles on it. No major issues at all. The only things we have had repaired under warranty are the antenna (loose wire) and the rubber seal on the main slide had a tear in it next to the wire ( replaced seal). We have added a few shelves in the front closet and converted that to a pantry, added an on board surge protecter in the back bay by the plug and installed fans in the living and bathroom ceiling vents. Works great for the 4 of us, plenty of room. Tows our Wrangler like it's not even there.
vod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:22 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Was wondering if you ever drove the FR3? Did you like it, we too are looking at this rig
bayoubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:43 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I test drove two of them, but you need to feel it for yourself. And consider that you may need to spend some extra money to get it to be comfortable for you.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #7

FR3 first hand experience?

We have an fr3. It is very rough on the road and the dash rattles uncontrollably... The headlights will need to be replaced right away.... The door on the generator will need to be changed out at it us too closed in and the generator doesn't get enough sit. The bunk will fall down within the first 20 kms... And there is an issue with the stairs ... The weld breaks... The door latch is not good... Have that adjusted before you leave the dealership. The king size mattress will last you about 20 notes and then there will be a huge dent... The. Gears on the slides have issues... Although we haven't had that problem yet... And as one people have had issues with the windshield leaking... And you will wish a thousand times that you could change out the driver and passenger seats... And something happens to the memory of forest river and your dealership ... They forget who you are the minute you sign

Other than that. .we love ours. Haha. Had we our time back... We would have bought a different one a couple of years old.
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote