Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Furrion Stove and Oven won't light

We're at a campground with a large group and a couple pulled in yesterday with a brand-new Georgetown 36D7 Class A Gasser. It has the separate Furrion cooktop and Furrion oven. Neither will light.

Background.... on their first outing they jammed the overhead bed with too much bedding. Someone tried to pull the fuse in the fuse panel above the door and dropped it inside the panel (bad design). It bounced around like a pachinko machine and shorted out several things. They supposedly got it all fixed. The water heater and the heater are both working, so it's getting gas. The ignitors are working on the cooktop and in the oven. There is no propane smell.

I don't know enough about this coach or even the newer propane stuff as I'm all electric. My first thought was a turned off inline gas valve, but I can't find any. I'm now thinking there is either a switch somewhere or there is still a blown fuse. Looking for someone with a similar coach. There is a bank of fuses above the entry door. I will check those next, waiting for the owner to final the manual as the fuses aren't labeled. If he can't, I'll check them all.

Thanks
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2022, 09:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Think you are on the right track with fuse problem. Found this when searching on Furrion.

"SAFETY FEATURES - Three gas burners feature a gas auto safety cut-off that stops the flow of gas to the burner if the flame has been on too long or extinguished. The LED backlit knobs also glow red to alert you when the gas is on
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, oven