Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #15

I can defend OP here, this 26rk has the furnace vents on n the driver's side in the bathroom area. Looks like there was a model in 2019 that had an extra long outside kitchen so they moved the furnace.

Hard to see in the picture, but the two black objects next to the kitchen slide out are the water fill and a 120v electrical plugs, not an exhaust vent.

https://bucarsrv.com/listing/2019-fo...ibe-vbt26rk-2/Click image for larger version

Name:	20201023_172447.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	305665Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-Forest-River-Vibe-26RK-stk11997-Calgary-3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	305666
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
checked the sink in the bath, and there's no access, double wall, insulated, only an opening for duct.

I got impatient and took out two lower closet shelves, and confirmed, that is the only access.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201023_153340.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	305667   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201023_153323.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	305668  

Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:47 PM   #17

No defending of OP needed.........

2020 Vibe 26RK on line photos match the floorplan OP posted but exterior photos showing location of water heater, furnace etc didn't match OP description
Simple......

OP photo of metal box appears to be furnace enclosure
And with only exterior ports VS Access panel then that metal enclosure must have means of being opened
RV Designers are not exactly great at providing full access for repairs granted BUT ?????

OP.........
Picture of that metal enclosure
WHAT is that mid picture left side......a catch release???

Oh heck......dealer treated your fair before
Let them deal with it under warranty (Sail Switch etc)
*And ask tech HOW to access furnace
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just so ya'll know that I know my left from right and the difference between a water heater and a furnace, here is the closet in the bedroom with the shelves removed. There is no other access. This wasn't too bad actually. 6 screws to pull the top shelf, and the bottom one was only stapled down so it popped out. I'm actually going to make it just one shelf, hinged for future access.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pull the unit for any testing. This is the same furnace style that was on my previous trailer and the only way to troubleshoot beyond it being hooked up, is to slide the chassis out of the case, which can't happen in its current location.

Just need to take off the vent from the outside. And two screws on the inside are all thats holding it in place.

Honestly, under the kitchen sink, or even under the fridge would be better locations. Or, a different model furnace that has access on the opposite side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201024_141122.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	305789  
Old 10-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #19

Making a hinged access is exactly what I would do. Glad you found a way to get to it without tearing too much up.
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
To use a line from Old-Bisquit.. "This is intriguing"

Got the unit out, put it on the bench, tested the switch, the thermostat, the relay, checked all wires, hooked up to a portable tank, and it worked.. :(

I recycled it several times. I did check the gas line on the rig as I was taking it out, and there was gas... at the furnace, so that's not it.

Something was stuck, but if it got stuck once, something tells me it will get stuck again. :(
Old 10-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #21

Take it FAN would come on but no ignition would occur

sail switch paddle...... any signs of it rubbing against casing
Just slightly bend it away from casing so it can't hang up
Old 10-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm thinking of contamination of some sort. I pulled the back of the blower to access the switch and it seemed to have plenty of clearance. There was a little "film" of schmootz on the sail part so I cleaned that, and rattled it and engaged it a bunch of times while hooked to a meter and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it so I buttoned up the furnace and tested it for at least 10 test cycles. I also jostled the unit in between cycles and carefully a few times during cycles. It held solid.

It's re-installed, so I guess we just wait and see.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, that was short-lived. Was in the trailer today and thought I would just test the heat... same as before.. :( I'm gonna replace the sail switch. Gotta start somewhere.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
Well, that was short-lived. Was in the trailer today and thought I would just test the heat... same as before.. :( I'm gonna replace the sail switch. Gotta start somewhere.
Is the FAN coming ON?
Does it even try to light off?
Any 'CLICK, CLICK, CLICK' from electrode happening?
Have you taken any voltage readings?

What Brand/Model is this furnace?
Old 11-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well the verdict was.. the control board. Probably a cold solder joint or something causing an intermittent failure.

While under warranty, I'm sorry I just bring myself to part the rig at the dealer for 6 weeks for an $85.00 part that takes less than 5 minutes to replace, so I just went and did it, and its been a few days and it's running flawlessly.

The Dinosaur boards are excellent boards, much more robust than the stock board anyway, with onboard fuse, test points, led indicator etc.. and the timing seems to be more precise and sure.

How I arrived at the board was while it was in the rig not working, Rather than jostle anything that might give me a false positive on the bench, I bypassed the sail and thermostat, which kinda narrows things down. As it wasn't even attempting to light that really only left the control board.

Tags
ace, furnace