Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #1

Is this forum mainly for FR class A RV's, or? And should I hang out here or in the g

This forum seems redundant to me. Should I hang out here, owning a new 2014 Puma TT, or in the TT forum? It seems a lot of postings in this forum are all over the charts as far as type of RV (class a, class c, TT, pop-ups, etc.).

I guess my point is, isn't it more productive to hang out in one forum (sub) rather than bouncing around?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek View Post
This forum seems redundant to me. Should I hang out here, owning a new 2014 Puma TT, or in the TT forum? It seems a lot of postings in this forum are all over the charts as far as type of RV (class a, class c, TT, pop-ups, etc.).

I guess my point is, isn't it more productive to hang out in one forum (sub) rather than bouncing around?
I usually click on "New Posts" and read whatever posts sound interesting.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:26 AM   #3
Community Administrator

It's your choice however I wouldn't limit myself to one forum. You'll find both to be helpful as well as many others here. Those that just hangout solely in the owner forum are missing out on a lot IMO.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:36 AM   #4

Is this forum mainly for FR class A RV's, or? And should I hang out here or ...

There is a world of info on IRV2. Hard to find information on say travel destinations on your given brand of RV thread.

You might want to trade units. Just check them all out on here.

Just think if we were not checking different threads you wouldn't get these fine answers. Lol

Used the "search" window and learn about many topics. Enjoy

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #5

I'm talking mainly about the owners forums vs. the specific type of RV forums. Other areas of the forum are more specific for certain topics, I get that. But not having the time/wanting to, which area should someone choose as their landing page?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #6

I think the Puma is made by Forest River isn't it. If so Forest River has a very good site also. Actually runs on the same format & set up as the IRV2 forum.

Might try both of them. That what I do. I have a Forest River now ?

Russell
Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #7

Is this forum mainly for FR class A RV's, or? And should I hang out here or ...

I Just looked at FR site. Looks like the Puma is posted under the Palomino forum. If that's the same one?!

Russell
Old 08-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #8

I was just browsing the forum and see you own a Puma. I'm actually looking at the same model. How do you like it? Does it seem like a good quality RV?
Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek View Post

It all depends upon what your interests are how how much curiosity you have. Some issues are not RV gender specific so there is always something to learn.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #10

Well We are hanging out here and we are 5er draggers
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You can hangout & post wherever you want. Basically the idea is:
  • If your question is specific to your particular brand of RV (like basement air is to Winebago's or Comfort Drive is to Newmar's), then post your question in the owner's Forum
  • If your question is common to any travel trailer, then post your question in the Travel Trailer Forum
  • If it's appliance related, those are common across all RV's (MH 5-r, TT), then post your question in the Systems & Appliances Forum
  • If it doesn't fit anywhere but is RV related, then post in the General Discussion Forum, although you could also post in the TT Forum
  • If it doesn't fit anywhere & isn't RV related, then post in the Just Conversation Forum
The staff can move (& do) a post if it would get better exposure/quicker answers in another Forum. So don't be concerned if you're getting it in what you might think is the "right" Forum. Just do your best to put it where you'll think you'll get answers the quickest & from the people you think would know.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #12

Forest River has their own forum, which is very similar to this one. They include a sub-sub-forum that is just for Palominos Palomino - Forest River Forums. that includes our Pumas

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
Forest River has their own forum, which is very similar to this one. They include a sub-sub-forum that is just for Palominos Palomino - Forest River Forums. that includes our Pumas

Joel
Forest River Forums is a sister site, also owned by Social Knowledge, dedicated to just that manufacturer of RV's.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #14

It looks like I'll be making this Forum my home since I'm an "Orphan", with a '99 Coachmen. I've been posting all over not knowing where to post for the best results.

Tags
class a, forum, rvs