Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
tamdle, you may want to remove your block on private messages to get more information that may be helpful to you.

Ed
Thanks Ed,

I just did.

TL
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
TL,

Please let us know how your search goes. I have talked to Mitch Bennett on the phone and would also be concerned about service after the purchase.

I've always wanted to have my Auto serviced where I purchased them because I expect them to take better care of me, however we always need to have service at other dealers from time to time and it makes me nervous.

A big purchase like a new MH would really be tough on my nerves.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Steve
2bassbuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #17

We purchased from MHSRV and felt it was a good experience overall.

You should certainly visit their dealership just to see how large of an operation it really is. They will assign you a golf cart to drive yourself around their lot. Just ask the front receptionist and she will get you a cart key. You can look at your leisure at all the RVs and there are hundreds!

We didn't get any pressure to buy. We visited three times before deciding to buy. If you visit on a Saturday, be sure to have lunch. They bring in lunch most Saturday's for customers and their staff. If it's warm weather, the A/C's will be on in the RVs and there's water in the fridges.

Be sure to drive around their entire lot in your golf cart. There are hundreds of new RVs in their back lot area behind their service garage that have not been posted on their website yet because they haven't been photographed and cleared for the "front" lot which is the main lot that all customers see. We found many new RVs in the back lot that we had wanted to see and they are all unlocked so we toured several. (The slides are in so you can't see these units at their full size without slides deployed but you get to see the quality and finishes which was important to us.)

We decided to purchase one of the units they had on order as it was the color, interior and floor plan we wanted. We also did not want a unit everyone had walked through and "tested". We paid a deposit to secure the unit we wanted. (We had a trade in so we had to provide some info on that too.)

We took delivery of our new RV in their covered full hook-ups site there on the lot. They have several covered sites just for new deliveries. Our new RV was setup fully when we arrived. We did our PDI with the technician assigned to us that morning. This took a few hours. We then spent the night on their lot and tried out EVERY system in the unit. We quickly discovered a water leak on the washing machine drain! The next morning the tech came over and began fixing the issues we found. Leak was fixed along with one other issue. They filled our DEF tank and gave us a half tank of diesel also.

We have not had any issues with our unit thankfully so we can't provide feedback about their service department. They had units stacked up in line for their few service bays so I would guess they have a waiting list. We had heard you should get as many issues fixed at delivery as you can (while you have an assigned/dedicated tech there to address them) because after the sale you are not a priority. After seeing the volume of units they are handling on a daily basis, we tend to believe this is true.

There are new units arriving 6 days a week so clearly a high volume dealership. There are pros and cons to such high volume. We were mostly focused on competitive pricing. We would only pursue service there if we had a major warranty issue we couldn't resolve. The one issue we did have the first week of ownership was fixed by Freightliner so MHSRV couldn't have handled it anyway.

We had a good experience at MHSRV. If nothing else, you should stop by just to see their operation. We had fun looking at all the units at our own pace and never felt pressured.

Sorry for the long response! We have no affiliation with MHSRV. Just thought you'd want the full details as buying an RV is a major purchase!

Good luck in your search for an RV that meets your preferences.
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #18
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bassbuds View Post
TL,

Please let us know how your search goes. I have talked to Mitch Bennett on the phone and would also be concerned about service after the purchase.

I've always wanted to have my Auto serviced where I purchased them because I expect them to take better care of me, however we always need to have service at other dealers from time to time and it makes me nervous.

A big purchase like a new MH would really be tough on my nerves.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Steve
While this is a good idea when one can do it, but my personal experience with cars as well as my MHs have been different. Over the years I have bought many new cars from Mercedes to Honda, Nissan and Volvos. I guess you can say I have been lucky that I bought none of them locally, yet I received excellent service for all of the vehicles. I have had five Class A motor homes and none I bought locally, but have them serviced locally and have received good service. I must say, unlike my cars, my MHs were not new - all used. I realize it could have been different had I lived in a different city. My point being, just because you bought your MH elsewhere you still could get good service locally.
Best To All!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #19

We purchased a new unit from MHSRV. Some weeks they move about 40-60 units, very high volume. Their service in marginal and any major service should be done by the manufacturer at the factory. We had issues with the coach and the benefit of having such a high volume dealer speaking for us with Monaco about warranty issues was priceless. The manufacturer listens to high volume dealers. The Factory performed all repairs under warranty with encouragement from MHSRV.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampTBug View Post
We purchased from MHSRV and felt it was a good experience overall...
Thanks CampTBug for a very detail response. I will certainly visit MHRSV soon to see their showcases. I am still researching for my right choice. Hope that with their inventory, I ought to be able to find one or, at least, learning more about my upcoming RV

Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdawgs View Post
We purchased a new unit from MHSRV. Some weeks they move about 40-60 units, very high volume...
Thank Gdawg,

Great information.

Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Careful with any YELP ratings. Negative postings are the most common as people rant on there. People with good experiences seldom post. Judge for yourself.

I agree YELP is a JOKE and a waste of my time and No I do not own any business that has negative posts on YELP.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
We purchased our first gas class A from MHSRV and would have bought our second there too, if they sold it. I would not hesitate to buy from them again if they have what I'm shopping for next time. I do agree with above about getting "major" service at the factory. Unfortunately that's the reality in this industry. But MHSRV is about as good as it gets for an RV sales shop.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #24

...we've bought two units, a 2015 Georgetown, and a 2014 Thor Palazzo at MHSRV and have been more than pleased both times, with a 2013 Blackwood fifthwheel trade-in to boot.
This is one of the few dealers that we have been to that allow you to just roam around at leisure without any pressure, time constraints, or watchful eyes. Of course, if you need a salesman I'm sure one can be quickly found.
You won't catch me at CW, LazyDays, and others who many times require you to 'pass thru' their sales department, requiring a salesman's hand just to look around.

We drove from GA to TX both times, with no regrets, and would do it again!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Thanks CampTBug for a very detail response. I will certainly visit MHRSV soon to see their showcases. I am still researching for my right choice. Hope that with their inventory, I ought to be able to find one or, at least, learning more about my upcoming RV

Have a wonderful day!
RVTrader.com will give you a good list of all of the make/model that you are considering for sale in a specified area. That way you can compare many different dealers all in one place. Their website also helps if you are looking for one particular color combination of a coach you are considering.
Good Luck in your search,
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
My wife and I looked for mh for 2 yrs and finally figured out what we wanted and did our purchase at MHSRV and got the best price possible we feel and everything else that followed was top shelf. Our pick up and walk threw was over 5hrs every detail about Mh was gone over. We were told to nit pic the mh to death and we did. I can't say enough good things about how we were treated and what minor things we found wrong were replaced or fixed on the spot
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Congrats!! So glad to hear this. Now your next "assignment" is to spend as much time and fun on that new MH as you can in the next 365 days. This is your honeymoon, so to speak, and so make the most out of it. MHSRV should (and I think will) cover any problems that arise in this first year. And don't be surprised or worried when this or that fails. These are complicated, multi-faceted machines. Things will go wrong but that's ok. MHSRV will make it right for you and with some luck, you'll work out the bulk of the gremlins in that first year and have many wonderful years thereafter.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #28

I live in Ft. Worth so it is an easy drive to MHSRV. But we haven't done it yet! Because that don't represent the premium products such as Winnebago, Tiffin, and Newmar. And we would have to depend on them for service, which I hear is not very good. So those of us in the area, don't use them as much as you out-of-staters!
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote