Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #1

Microlite shower door problems...

Attached are photos of the bottom edge of the shower door gap on my 2015 Microlite. The trailer is parked on a level pad beside my carport.

As you can see the gap on the hinge side is so large that the gasket barely contacts the top of the frame. But edge on the left hand side of the door sits right on top of the frame.

In fact it actually droops down so much that I have to pick up on the door in order to get it to close. This tightness and scraping has ruined the gasket on that end.

Does anyone know of an adjustment to help with this?

Also, there's a noticeable difference in the gap between the fridge and the slide unit when it's extended. It's much closer at the top near the ceiling than near the floor.

Is there any sort of an adjustment for this or should I not even be concerned since it does not create any problems or clearance issues when operating the slide?

By the way....everyone wish us luck and keep us in your prayers. We're leaving next week for our first extended trip out west. If all goes well we're headed to Montana for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any info or help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160518_150723630.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	127434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160518_150737703.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	127435  

DFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #2

Shower: I have a similar issue. Pushing on the frame aligns everything. You just have to figure out what you want to use to apply constant pressure, keeping the frame aligned. Mine is not too bad so I have yet to fix it.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #3

Is it possible the doors are on upside down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFinley View Post
Attached are photos of the bottom edge of the shower door gap on my 2015 Microlite. The trailer is parked on a level pad beside my carport.

As you can see the gap on the hinge side is so large that the gasket barely contacts the top of the frame. But edge on the left hand side of the door sits right on top of the frame.

In fact it actually droops down so much that I have to pick up on the door in order to get it to close. This tightness and scraping has ruined the gasket on that end.

Does anyone know of an adjustment to help with this?

Also, there's a noticeable difference in the gap between the fridge and the slide unit when it's extended. It's much closer at the top near the ceiling than near the floor.

Is there any sort of an adjustment for this or should I not even be concerned since it does not create any problems or clearance issues when operating the slide?

By the way....everyone wish us luck and keep us in your prayers. We're leaving next week for our first extended trip out west. If all goes well we're headed to Montana for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any info or help.

The door logo is upside down, is it possible they installed it incorrectly? We are picking up our flagstaff this week, I'll be sure to check the shower door, thanks for the heads up
MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, ems, problems, shower