Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:31 PM   #1

New Encore 325SS

Hi all. New to the forum but not RVing. My wife and I are thinking of upgrading to a new Encore 325SS and wondering what other owners think of this coach.
Thanks
Jdedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2020, 03:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdedell View Post
Hi all. New to the forum but not RVing. My wife and I are thinking of upgrading to a new Encore 325SS and wondering what other owners think of this coach.
Thanks
I have been watching many rv review vids and I really like the Encore 325SS. It has a great Cargo Capacity, 22.5 wheels, spot prepped for a washer/dryer, king bed, and I thought the flip up bed with the storage and benches under it was fantastic! The 325SS and I must say the Mirada 32SS are on my shortlist. The 32SS in case my finances don't work out at the time.

Good luck and I hope the hunting is fun for you.
dceggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #3

It looks interesting. We own a 2011 Mirada 32 DS and like it a lot. No plans to change anytime soon. There are higher end brands, but the Mirada does everything we expect it to do and has had no significant issues. It drives very well and we have no modifications to the suspension system.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #4

I just bought itís bigger brother the Encore 375RB. The Encore products are terrific and Coachmen has shown again its ingenuity and commitment to quality.
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdedell View Post
Thanks
We just purchased one and awaiting delivery. Reporting to come
Paul L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #6

We decided on the Encore 322SS. We picked it up last week and just returned from our 2 night shake down trip. Everything went great. We really love the coach. Can't wait to go out again.
Jdedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
I just bought itís bigger brother the Encore 375RB. The Encore products are terrific and Coachmen has shown again its ingenuity and commitment to quality.
Hey, I am seriously looking at buying the Encore 375RB. It is the perfect floor plan and amenities at this price range, but I am unsure about the quality. Was really focusing on Newmar or Tiffin, but the Encore fits the bill perfectly. Any feedback is welcome!
Leandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #8

I looked at all three and the Encore 375RB was the only one that checked every box and even added a couple. It has Azdel, a huge plus for years of problem free miles. And if you notice. You donít see Coachmen brands kicked around on the forums.

Iím 6í3Ē and my boys are 6í5Ē and 6í7Ē. So the Newmar 6í9Ē ceiling just doesnít work. They do have a huge selection of floorplans however. I donít know about today but they used to offer some nice customization?

As for Tiffin. Like the brand and they make a nice Coach, but didnít find a floorplan I liked. And I donít know, Tiffin always seemed a little too glitzy to me.

One thing I always disliked about Newmar and Tiffin is there ďDealers donít show deal priceĒ position. Itís just a personal thing with me!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
Hey, I am seriously looking at buying the Encore 375RB. It is the perfect floor plan and amenities at this price range, but I am unsure about the quality. Was really focusing on Newmar or Tiffin, but the Encore fits the bill perfectly. Any feedback is welcome!
Here is my take, this is coming from a Monaco Windsor (a high end coach).

This coach, for the money, fit everything we needed. Newmar and Tiffin make great platforms and there is more of a support group to those brands than Coachmen. That is a huge plus as we are used to user support and ideas - lots communities. Coachmen doesn't have that at this point but we are working on it

Coachmen uses industry parts and components so maintenance, upgrades, repairs are pretty easy.

Quality - so far so good overall. With the Encore, they saved money by not doing a few things that others do - which costs quite a bit more. I.E. Bay doors: on higher end coach's the bay doors are true doors, not a cut out of the sidewall. I do not mind the cut outs myself tho and don't see it as an added value to have true doors. More of an aesthetic thing.

Cabinets seem built well and no rattles / squeaks rolling down the road. Drawers are soft close which is kinda cool. The pantry is huge with no W/D installed.

Over the head bunk was not designed as well as the higher end models. With the Encore you cannot add a side visor as the bed components would destroy it when lowering it. Other vendors have designed that capability. Try driving without a side visor and the sun is at your 10, or 11. We are looking at options at this point and will post on IRV2 with any results we figure out.

Our coach is like any other, mass produced and quality control is not perfect. All are like that, even the higher end coaches. Too many things to handle when putting together so it is easy to miss. What I care about is after the sale support. Coachmen has been very responsive overall. We found a water connector not fully tightened on our commode on the first trip out. Tightened and moved on, no issue. Nothing else has had an issue.

Sound from TV's suck, all flat panels do, so adding sound bars is in progress on our rig.

Awning switches were in an awkward place so added blue tooth remotes and all is good. I wanted that feature anyway.

Single pane windows - most coaches in this price range and a little higher do not have dual pane windows as standard. I plan on putting window awnings on to help with this. I have seen some with that as an option tho.

Furniture - I would suggest staying away from the theater seating until you understand it's issue. At least I am not loving them. The massage balls in the back are in a spot that if you are not perfectly in the center of the chair hits you on your back while trying to relax. Just a point of view from a guy with a sensitive back. Also the buttons are very sensitive so if one of our puppies gets close they activate. We do not want the seat heaters on all day when we are out sightseeing. I am looking into how to make a cover for them. Or maybe there is a lockout I am unaware of so far (manuals)

Owners manuals - no one does good at this, Coachmen sucks at it. Work with your selling dealer to go over everything on the coach that is Coachmen specific. Not things like the stove, but the buttons, the water inputs and outputs, the cable system, etc. Things that Coachmen built. Our outdoor kitchen has a pump to push grey water to the tank. There is nothing written down anywhere about that.

The above are all overcome-able. The coach itself is a fantastic RV for the money with all of it's features, I could not find anything close to it new, and I did not want used and the V10 frame. 2021 has some great improvements on the chassis and engine.

Now I just have to finalize the mounting of my soundbars
Old 02-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #10

Hi Paul, let us know what you do on the sound bars? The brand you chose, how you mounted them etc. And of course pictures. Unless youíre like me and installed them upside down.

BTW what color cabinets did you get?
Old 02-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Hi Paul, let us know what you do on the sound bars? The brand you chose, how you mounted them etc. And of course pictures. Unless youíre like me and installed them upside down.

BTW what color cabinets did you get?
Hi WyoFree

I picked Samsung non AVIC controlled. Less price and an extra remote to see what I wanted in the coach. I will likely go with the AVIC controlled SB's at some point though as I like the one remote functionality. There is a power outlet behind the couch so the sub will be mounted there with Velcro holding it.

As for mounting the SB's themselves, I am still debating on how. The TV wall has power wires in it and if I simply mount to that I risk causing wiring issues. My initial thought is to mount plywood to the stud and then mount the SB to that keeping it all hidden. The outside is a bit more substantial so not worried on the mounting of that one. The bedroom has no real location so still mapping that one out.

I went with the wood look. Our B&M home is new with white cabinets, etc. so I am used to that. White, to me, would be very hard to keep clean and still enjoy camping
Old 02-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #12

Hey Paul, knowing Iím a ham & eggs kind of guy. Why not simply attached the sound bar to the top or bottom of the TV with Velcro? They make Velcro today that you can almost tow a car. I for one would rather not drill holes. Iíve found too often they change wiring.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Hey Paul, knowing Iím a ham & eggs kind of guy. Why not simply attached the sound bar to the top or bottom of the TV with Velcro? They make Velcro today that you can almost tow a car. I for one would rather not drill holes. Iíve found too often they change wiring.
I am ok with holes, as long as I can cover them up at some point if need be. I also know this is a 11 ton beast rolling down roads that were built during the Corona Virus era so there will be potholes to shake your teeth loose on some of my journeys

I do, however, Velcro remotes in places - like the outside TV compartment has it's remote on the side wall. I always know where it is unless I am using it, it promptly becomes invisible then
Old 02-25-2021, 10:43 AM   #14

Ok Paul, but I turned your name over to Velcro for their re-education program. Itís some bright colors, sound effects and misdirection. And donít worry, youíll get used to the shock therapy.