Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 07:39 AM   #1

New rig, no manuals???

We just purchased a new 2019 XLR Hyperlite 29 HFS by Forest River. There are no manuals with this unit. When I asked the salesperson, who asked her manager, we were told to "just download them'.
Does that seem right? I would like to have a packet of manuals in the rig in case we are somewhere that does not have wifi or cell service.
This being our first rig, we just took them at their word. The more I think about it, the more I think they just wanted me to leave.
Should I have a packet of manuals for this RV?
Thanks
D1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #2

Contact the manufacturer and ask. They may be able to send them to you if the dealer can't provide them. It's possibly that the dealer has lost them or the manufactor forgot to add them. More and more products are being sold with the consumer required to download manuals, so maybe the RV industry is starting suite.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #3

Welcome to the RV world, where products are built like crap and customer support is a joke!

I've learned more from YouTube videos and trial and error than the quick 30 minute delivery walkthrough could ever hope to offer.

I got all manuals for my passport, but they're largely worthless. They mostly consist of individual manuals for each component (water heater, furnace, stereo, etc.) Even those manuals we're genericised far beyond usefulness.

If you're like 90% of campers, you WILL have at least one visit back to the dealer for warranty repairs. Be prepared to ask all your questions there, or seek out specific help here or YouTube...
swavescatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have purchased 2 TT and 3 Motorhomes. ALL came with manuals. A the RV maker and dealer should be the responsible party for supplying this documents...PEROID! Sure some documents are available to download. BUT the basic stuff should be giving upon receipt of the vehicle. Demand Service...you have paid for it.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:22 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I purchased a new Forest River 2250 motorhome 2 years ago. Previous to that I had a Winnebago Brave. The Brave came with complete manuals for the motorhome itself and all the added items. A/C unit, water heater, furnace, etc.
The Forest river came with nothing. I had to search for each individual item. Wasn't happy but like yourself I contacted the dealer and manufacturer and was told they were available online.
Siskiyouline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #6

My Thor came with the basic manuals, but no manuals for the appliances, TVs, radios, fans, etc.

I ended up going to the manufactures’ web pages and downloading the missing manuals. Also found some good instruction sheets in the forum.

All loaded on my IPad and ready when I need them.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #7

All the Forest River products have the manuals online. They have both an interactive manual and a downloadable PDF. You can also download an app for your smartphone. Many of the items inside an RV have their own manuals as well. The interactive manual online has links to many of the items in the different sections. For example in the microwave section there is a link to the particular brand used in the unit.

Some things may feel generic but that's not unusual. I found the same in my last coach from a different manufacturer. Brands change quickly in this market so you could have several different appliances in the same type coach.

Anyway, here's the link to what I believe is your model.

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...er-lyte/browse

There is also a Forest River owners forum that is useful to ask questions at. It is located at:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/

There's some cross posting between here and there but both forums are worth keeping up with.
tominvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #8

Thanks Tom! That is exactly what I was looking for
D1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #9

If I purchased a brand new tt you can be sure the dealer would d/l all the specific manuals for me
Old 08-27-2019, 09:14 PM   #10

Owner's Manuals?

Our new Coachman did not come with an owner's manual for the coach itself, just for most of the appliances in it. I also was told to download the owner's manuals online. I did, and have printed up a copy to keep in the 5er, as we spend a lot of time where there is no cell service. Also downloaded them into the drive on my tablet. It's also available from the information center in the RV.
I understand why, from the manufacturer's point of view ( it takes a lot of paper and ink), but from an owner's perspective it sucks.
2Grands is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual