Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
No DC power or inside power when on shore power

I have a 2018 Georgetown 369. It has been on shore power since the last trip in March. Now when I go out to turn on lights or any other coach appliance nothing works. The generator will not start either. Inverter is not operating either. Nothing works on battery power either. It looks like a disconnect somewhere. I have checked all the breakers they are fine. I am moving to check fuses next. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #2

Possible the fuses blew on the converter or tripped the circuit breaker and the batterys are dead.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhcarter View Post
I have a 2018 Georgetown 369. It has been on shore power since the last trip in March. Now when I go out to turn on lights or any other coach appliance nothing works. The generator will not start either. Inverter is not operating either. Nothing works on battery power either. It looks like a disconnect somewhere. I have checked all the breakers they are fine. I am moving to check fuses next. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thank you
Everything you speak of not working is 12 volt powered. Sounds like your coach was pluged in but your battery disconnect was off. therefore your converter was not charging the battery. Generator won't start? = no battery. inverter not operating = No battery. Lights = no battery. measure the battery voltage.

Plug in to shore power. Be sure it in on. Be sure the converter is on. 15 amp breaker supplies the converter. If converter is working you should have 12 volt lights. Is the A/C working? Wall plugs working? Frifge on electric working? Wall plug working?

What do you mean by Other Coach Appliances?
Old 04-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Everything you speak of not working is 12 volt powered. Sounds like your coach was pluged in but your battery disconnect was off. therefore your converter was not charging the battery. Generator won't start? = no battery. inverter not operating = No battery. Lights = no battery. measure the battery voltage.

Plug in to shore power. Be sure it in on. Be sure the converter is on. 15 amp breaker supplies the converter. If converter is working you should have 12 volt lights. Is the A/C working? Wall plugs working? Frifge on electric working? Wall plug working?

What do you mean by Other Coach Appliances?

Your suggestion about the battery disconnect is probably accurate I have switched back and forth so many times I forgot which position it was in. For future reference when on shore power are the house batteries being charged. If so what position should they be in so I don’t have this issue again. Thanks for the reply. Other appliances such as microwave, tv and fridge were not working also.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Possible the fuses blew on the converter or tripped the circuit breaker and the batterys are dead.

All fuses checked and good. All CBS ok. House batteries may be low. On a charger now
Old 04-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Your suggestion about the battery disconnect is probably accurate I have switched back and forth so many times I forgot which position it was in. For future reference when on shore power are the house batteries being charged. If so what position should they be in so I don’t have this issue again. Thanks for the reply. Other appliances such as microwave, tv and fridge were not working also.

So battery disconnect should be on when on shore power in order to charge correct?
Old 04-25-2020, 08:19 PM   #7

Yes.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
So battery disconnect should be on when on shore power in order to charge correct?
yes. shore power on the battery disconnect has to be on so the converter can charge the battery. Of course you cant do that while boon docking. You must conserve power or turn the generator on (If you have one). don't turn the disconnect off unless it is in storage.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:00 AM   #9

When nothing works, one of the first things to check is the chassis ground. Make sure that any corrosian is removed and the connections are good. Then go on to checking the battery voltage and other things that were suggested.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, shore power