Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #1

Outlet not working

My fireplace outlet has a junction box that has shut off my outlet , it has a green wire and gray wire with white stripe connected to the relay or switch thing in the junction box. When I disconnected it , the outlet came on . What is this???
Steelme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I am guessing it is some kind of load sharing device. So you don’t run fireplace with something else.
You don’t list your RV, you should so we can answer based on your equipment.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Where is the fireplace located, if a slide is pulled in does it come close to the fireplace.
There may be some sort of safety disconnect if the slide is in.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:03 PM   #4

Yes slide is out , but does come in right in front of fireplace
Old 04-06-2021, 08:04 PM   #5

Coachmen Encounter 2014
Old 04-06-2021, 08:07 PM   #6

Where is the trigger on the slide located would be the next step if that is the case?
Old 04-07-2021, 03:34 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I read another post that says if your water heater is on electric, your fireplace will not work.
Let us know if this is it.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:44 AM   #8

Most all the post I have read on this has the microwave and the fireplace on the same circuit. You can not run them both at the same time. It is one or the other. It should not take long to find out what 2 devices are on that circuit.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:36 AM   #9

The breaker is fireplace only . The issue was , apon looking for a switch on the slideout, i had to close the slide to look for it and when I did i found nothing. So when I opened the slide back up, it started working again. So must be a short in the safety switch in the slideout.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:37 AM   #10

But it was a safety switch kind of like the riding lawn mower seat safety switch.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelme1 View Post
The breaker is fireplace only . The issue was , apon looking for a switch on the slideout, i had to close the slide to look for it and when I did i found nothing. So when I opened the slide back up, it started working again. So must be a short in the safety switch in the slideout.
A short is not something that comes and goes. A short is a hot wire touching ground when it should not. I also have never heard of a Safety switch on a slide. I do know of loose connections that come and go. I'm pretty sure that you still have problems and need to find the cause before you have a fire. Nothing has been fixed.