Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Repairs crusader 270 ret

Spent the better part of the morning at, you guessed it, our dealerships shop working on some more warranty issues. Recently I mentioned the plumbing compartment, which I understand no one looks at but me..anyway after tearing into the compartment my good buddy mechanic got most everything headed in the right direction.
After owning several different makes and models of these RV Coach's, I have come to the conclusion that who ever designs these has probably never owned or serviced one out in the real world.
Having been an aircraft tech. on Gulfstream Corporate Jets, I know how difficult it is stuffing a lot of stuff in a small space...with the FAA looking over your shoulder tends to make one do a much better job at stuffing....

This is our other Coach, a Sunnybrook 30' FIS at Talking Rock RV Resort Georgia..
Attached Images

LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

I can't see much coach in that picture but it looks like a wonderful spot. We were doing the same thing yesterday. I spent the day looking on as they repaired the factory install of the water heater.

Gary
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #3

Sunnybrook

This is our 30' FIS Sunnybrook that is on one of our lots at Talking Rock Creek RV Resort. Photo was taken in the Fall, also have a winter, summer photo's, hopefully we will get the new Crusader up to our other lot after easter..first have to do a pad and awning. We plan on using the Crusader for our general camping needs and then next year, North To Alaska....
Ever down this way, drop in a see us...would love to have you visit us at Talking Rock...Close to Carter's Lake here in Georgia..
The Kicklighters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0096.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	18632  
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #4

We will be in GA soon but heading straight to Savannah. Never been there and have pined to see an old Southern City up close. :-) This will be our first long trip though it's not really all that far for us (12 hours). Want to make the Alaska trip too but it has to wait for a year or two.

Gary and maybe some time we can see Talking Rock Creek; thank you.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #5

Savannah

So, where have you planned to camp in Savannah..sicne I was born and raised there and visit several times a year, I can point you in the right direction..Skidaway Island State Park is really very nice, a little ways from town, but the roads are good...Take I-16 to the outskirts of Savannah, get over to Derenne Ave. and take the parkway down to Skidaway...you can use that same route to get back downtown, just don't get off at Derenne Ave.
I can give you some good local resturants that are not on the visitors list....
Chrystal Beer Parlor, downtown just off Montgomery Street.
McDonughs...next door to the Savannah Theater...on Drayton Street
The Crab Shack...On highway 80 going down to the Tybee Beach, Fort Pulaski is also right there on the way..a must see fort.
Rivers Street...lots of good places to eat and shop..kind of pricy
Be sure and take one of the carriage tours of downtown..they leave from the Central of Georgia Station on West Broad Street.
You will be amazed at all the old parks in an around Savannah, last count 32..
Got lots more if interested..
LKicklight
Dallas, GA
Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #6

Thanks Kick. I made reservations at the Red Gate. Looks okay. Does have full service sites. I looked at Skidaway, which is beautiful but they don't have sites open for our entire stay. Thank you again, with a longer lead time we might get into Skidaway next time down.

Gary and Cindy
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #7

Red Gate

Nice place to stay, close to town...my friends have suggested we stay there sometime..think the next time we come down we will do that..
Hope the information I gave you will help you out...when you go where the tourist go, it can get expensive..
Oh yes, another place downtown for the best Breakfast in town is Carey's Resturant..Located at Jones and Abercorn Street....You will love setting outside..be sure and take your bikes if you like to ride..Forsyth Park is where the big fountain is located..
Randy K

Tags
repairs