Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

Replacement microwave

You have to love forest river..called to get a majic chef microwave replacement for ours that malfunctioned. Was quoted a price of 400.00 plus shipping. Found the exact unit online for 139.00. Why would anyone order direct from any of the rv mfgrs...what ripoff...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
SSSHHHHHH.... You could ruin the RV manufacturer's business! By the way, the same thing is true of buying auto parts from a Dealer's parts counter.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
You have to love forest river..called to get a majic chef microwave replacement for ours that malfunctioned. Was quoted a price of 400.00 plus shipping. Found the exact unit online for 139.00. Why would anyone order direct from any of the rv mfgrs...what ripoff...

Apparently enough people don't check other online sources before ordering from dealers. I rarely order anything from a dealer as it is, like you found out, much cheaper elsewhere if one takes the time to check.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #4

Greetings

The Magic Chef microwave died in our 2004 Georgetown coach, we searched everywhere for a replacement to no avail. Built a shelf in it's place and installed a household Magic Chef for $50. and it works fine.
Douginbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #5

replacement microwave

hi, we were in contact with forest river rep. and to our suprise they sent a check for the microwave in question. we had already purchased a replacement and did not expect and assistance.. thanks forest river....
Old 12-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #6

I didn't know they made $50 microwaves!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:38 AM   #7

Replacement microwave

We received a check from forest river for the full amount of the microwave including shipping and tax. We purchased the replacement from adventurerv.net..thanks fr
Old 12-15-2015, 05:42 AM   #8

I bought a convection/micro combo from CW on sale for 199.00 and it right where my Magic Chef was.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #9

It's so expensive because it has that $5 metal trip piece that screws to the cabinet. We just went to WalMart and bought one for less than $100 and set it up there. Didn't even have to screw it down. Just watch the amps that it pulls. You can get too big a unit and end up having electrical issues.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
True story.. A company got a call about a washer on a screw on a device,, They told the caller to get a replacement at the local hardware.. Well the caller said "I found one the same size but it's not blue" The Customer service man politely told the caller they screws they use at the factory are not blue either.... Till they paint them.

Some folks refuse to believe that the stuff in our motor homes is the same as the stuff in our sticks and bricks in many cases.. For example my microwave says DOMETIC but DOMETIC does not make microwaves (or did not when mine was made) So I know who really made it.. Dometic did not even change the model number. Just the front door.. that's all (And one othe rmodification but that is external and can be moved)
Old 12-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Didn't even have to screw it down.
Might be safer if you did though
Old 12-24-2015, 08:23 AM   #12

Replacement microwave

Our $50 Magic Chef was on sale at Home Depot, it's 700 watt and works fine.
Douginbc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement