Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2022, 05:34 AM   #1

seat belt bolt removal

I need to verify if it is OK to remove the seat belt bolts (permanently) that anchor the belts to the floor. These are the ones inside the cheap dinette booth on my 2020 crosstrek. The bolts which are about 2 inches long are screwed into nuts which I believe are welded in place. I want to remove bolts permanently and fill the holes in but I read where these might secure the house to the frame but another post said that the house is secured to the frame in a fashion that don't use these bolts per DOT so I need an answer please.. Thanks
boiledowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #2

To keep your thread current. I'd removed mine when I was using the Allegro 31IA as a moving van. But I put them back. The bolts went through the wood floor to the aluminum lined storage areas and were backed up with 1/4 x 4x4 steel plates with a lock washer and nut. Of course, when counting seatbelts, you come up with your passenger capacity. Good luck!!
Old 09-26-2022, 07:52 AM   #3
NXR

Click here and then on MOTORHOMES CLASS C to see their contact info. Those are the people to ask: https://coachmenrv.com/contact-us

Gregory Flint
Customer Service Representative (Cross Trail, Prism)
574-825-8487
gflint@forestriverinc.com

Richard Pickett
Customer Service Representative (Cross Trail, Prism)
574-825-8409
rpickett@forestriverinc.com

Ray
Old 09-26-2022, 08:00 AM   #4

Remove the seat belts

put the bolts back in and keep the belts. When you sell or trade, but the seat belts back.
Gooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooma View Post
put the bolts back in and keep the belts. When you sell or trade, but the seat belts back.

I ended up taking the whole dinette out, then I was left with the 8 bolt holes from seat belts and the two big dinette table leg holes. We pondered what to do and didn't want to do permanent changes so we decided to just put everything back as it was. Kind of a waste of time but I learned how these things are put together and also how chintzy they are.
boiledowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, seat