Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Question Sewer connections

I am trying to understand what the black sewer pipes are for under the rv.
It looks like you can take a 90 degree fitting to go from the flush valve to teh connection so you can hook up a hose to it. That way you can close the door and still be ready to dump? Otherwise why are they even putting those pipes under the rv.
magixkewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 04:51 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure what you have but on mine I run the dump hose through the black sewer pipes are for under the RV and close the door while parked.
subford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #3

magixkewl-

It's hard to understand what you're describing. Does it look like the pictures at the top of this recent iRV2 thread?:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/sewe...ue-265083.html

If not, can you upload a picture or two? Also, what year and model is your Forest River?

Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Sewer connections cont.

Mark,

Not sure how to attach photo without putting it up on a web site
the link you showed is the same thing I am talking about.
The whole under the spout seems to have locking tabs like you could take a 90 degree connection and send it to the pipe under carriage. The hoses I have will not fit thru the pipe because the connectors are to large. I was thinking the hose could attach to the outside pipe similar to where it screws into the ground receptacle. Maybe I am complicating the issue. I was just trying to understand the piping and its purpose.
Upon further investigation it looks like I could buy a hose adapter 90 degree from blueline then use the duraform hose to go thru the pipe and then a hose adapter at the other end to connect to the hose I already have to make the sewer connection. This way I just pop the cap on the pipe underneath and hook up the hose. No fuss with inside the coach door. Does that make sense?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by magixkewl View Post
Mark,

The whole under the spout seems to have locking tabs like you could take a 90 degree connection and send it to the pipe under carriage. The hoses I have will not fit thru the pipe because the connectors are to large. I was thinking the hose could attach to the outside pipe similar to where it screws into the ground receptacle. Maybe I am complicating the issue. I was just trying to understand the piping and its purpose.
Upon further investigation it looks like I could buy a hose adapter 90 degree from blueline then use the duraform hose to go thru the pipe and then a hose adapter at the other end to connect to the hose I already have to make the sewer connection. This way I just pop the cap on the pipe underneath and hook up the hose. No fuss with inside the coach door. Does that make sense?
Your on the right path. That pipe is supposed to hold your sewer hose. It allows you to keep one end attached to the tanks and the other just pulls out so it can be put into the sewer connection in the ground.

In theory that's how it's supposed to work. I tried 3 different hoses and none worked. Rhinoflex will go into the pipe but after you put the end back on it won't go back into the pipe so you can put the cap back on.

The post linked above is my coach. What I'm in the process of doing is taking the pipes off. I'm going to use ABS pipe and a few adapters to route the sewer connection outside of the bay. Not what Coachmen intended but it will look better than the unused black pipe hanging on there. I will update that post once I get the adapter installed.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

i have the same question

Quote:
I am trying to figure the same thing out I would like to hook up my sewer hose and be able to close the door. have you fixed your problem? I have 2 bathrooms and the back is the one I need to dum every day for the shower water. I am just want to keep the doors closed and not sure how to do it, i have been rving for a 1 yr and i like to start this season off right.. thanks
Upon further investigation it looks like I could buy a hose adapter 90 degree from blueline then use the duraform hose to go thru the pipe and then a hose adapter at the other end to connect to the hose I already have to make the sewer connection. This way I just pop the cap on the pipe underneath and hook up the hose. No fuss with inside the coach door. Does that make sense?[/QUOTE]
5oharagang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Start reading here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/sewe...ue-265083.html

This is the end result of moving the sewer connection out of the bay to the bottom of the unit.

This is the adapter I built to get the connection down and outside the bay

Adapter installed

Outside views

Lastly, I sealed up the area around the holes in the bay floor with pipe wrap and Great Foam.

Not too pretty but it's sealed tight and no one sees it but me.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #8

I believe iRV2 member "subford" also solved the problem. You might try sending him a private message.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Problem Solved

I ended up getting rhino hoses that fit thru the pipe then I just attach the bayonette adapter when I want to use the hose (which at that poin is already out of the pipe. Then I just add the hoses I already have to connect to the sewer. Now if any thing leaks it is already out of the compartment and into the under carriage pipes which dump to the ground. Before when I flushed the tanks water would end up in the compartment once I took the hoses off. Now it is out of the compartment and also I can keep the door closed.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:05 AM   #10

I use Rino hoses and just cut the tabs on the bayonette fiting down so it just fits in the pipe. I can pull in the dump station pull out the hose install a 90 on bayonette fitting, dump, flush, and store the hose before most even get their hose out and hooked up. And not even get my hands dirty.
rbrock is offline   Reply With Quote