Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
yea they are still messing with my coach they have had it now for almost a month and still dealing with the whole run around now they cant get coachmen to get the parts to the dealer and when they do come its the wrong part or its broken also
jimbooth25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jimbooth25, this is disapointing to hear! When I was at their headquarters we had an issue with our steps and they repaired them with a new motor in about 3 hours? They really impressed me with how quickly and easily they handled our small problem.

I would keep the pressure on them to do what's right. I would also use the social media networks, which irv2 is part of, to help with the pressure. I'm not sure about Coachman but most larger companies monotor what is being said about them on the networks. If you use Facebook, myspace or other media, post your experience there. I'm not sure if irv2 has a member advocate that could help, but maybe.

I also would not stop at Coachman if things aren't progressing in a satisfactory manner and elevate your experiences to Forrest River. Try and contact them by e-mail and instead of explaining to them in the e-mail whats going on give them the links to your posts on the social media sites where you have the details of your issues posted.

Also if you are a Good Sam member they have a division that helps members with issues like your experiencing.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Marc
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i just got it back after the forth time still get a run around and its at the point where i might accidently hit a low tree branch so it will be all fixed for good i am so over the leak and coachmen told me that i should cover the vehical when it is sitting witch makes me very upset consedering when i bought the coach they said not to put a cover on it and if i do it will void the warinty and this friday i will finally be getting my seat back after they took it out 3 month ago to repair the rip in it i will not be buying another coachmen/ forest river product again only had this coach since august the 23 and everytime it goes back i am told from coachmen that since i used it it is user eare so prety mutch they just dont care and dont want to fix it with out a fight
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
well i just got the coach back after another month of the dealer waiting, this last time it was the roof leak again and also the steps again, well got it back friday went to ikea with it on saturday came home leveled it out in the drive. today went out and winterized it and parked it on its pad in the yard the jacks came down and quit working and the only littiture i have on the leveling system is the owners manual from coach men witch just states how to operate them and nothing elses guess it will be going back for another month and coachmen wont even return my calls, e-mails, and i sent them 2 letters and they sent them back. guess next step is to find there corperate offices and make a trip there in person. i could understand all these things going bad over time but its a new unit and for it just having bugs that need to be worked out i dont think so.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
well here we go agin have a roof leak in the same place and now all the cabenits and tv in the front are soaked [moderator edit]. called coachman and they seem to not even give a dam. i am really thinking about trading it in on a defferent make i am over this why cant things be fixed the way they should
Old 03-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
still having issues with my new 2012 coachman

i bought this coachman mirada 32 bh from boat-n-rv in hamburg, pa i live in harrisburg, pa and all i have had since last august was issue after issue after issue, i take it in to get fixed and i keep getting a run around, things get patched up to look good but i wonder howmutch more paper venier they can put on these cabenits, and how mutch more cualking they can put aroung the lights and seams. it seams like no one wants to fix it properly so they just keep riging it up. wondering whay my next trip will bring since now all the overhead cabenits are all wet and the tv is wet also and the wood ( pressed board) is all swallen and warped will it get fixed or will they just slap more crap on it to hide the issue. my bet will be they cheap out and do a cover up like they have been. i keep asking to talk to a rep. from coachman and get no responce back. i think it is about time i leave coachman and go to another make of product. for the amount of money that i spent i feel like i have been riped off. i under stand you will have some isseus with new motorhomes, but to keep having the same issues over and over and over again there is just a problem with it period and it needs torn apart to be properly fixed and to make me happy thay need to fixe it back to the way it was when i bought it in august of last year (2011) for heavens sakes its a 2012 and just hit 4000 miles had one long stay for a month in it in florida and once again it leaks there is moisture in the dash that comes out and condensates on the windshild not a good combination especally when driving, turn on the heater in the dash or the defroster and its like sitting in a suana, so if you see this and are thinking about buying a coachman product i would say stay as far away from it as possable.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you actually tried calling Coachman? Sounds like with the run around you're getting a call to the factory should be in order. Don't go thru your dealer to contact the factory. I would sure hope you would get some satisfaction from them and it wouldn't be a bandaid but a real fix this time. You can't staighten press board. When it warps it's shot. Good Luck I hope you get some satisfaction.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Lawyer time...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
yes i have tried the factory number and get no where with them i did talk to the gm a couple of months back and he was to call me back and never did and ever since i havent been able to get any where
Old 03-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
yes i have tried the factory number and get no where with them i did talk to the gm a couple of months back and he was to call me back and never did and ever since i havent been able to get any where
Don't give up keep calling . Remember the squeaky wheel gets paid the most attention.. Keep us informed & good luck....Jim
Old 03-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
Remember that everyone has a boss (until you get to the very top ). I'd keep moving up the food-chain until someone listens and corrects your problems. Find out who the GM's boss is. Also, I would follow up the phone calls with letters as proof of who you've attempted to contact.
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal
Have you actually tried calling Coachman? Sounds like with the run around you're getting a call to the factory should be in order. Don't go thru your dealer to contact the factory. I would sure hope you would get some satisfaction from them and it wouldn't be a bandaid but a real fix this time. You can't staighten press board. When it warps it's shot. Good Luck I hope you get some satisfaction.
Yes tried and just get no where
Old 04-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #27

Try another dealer I found a company that did warranty work when I had a coachmen and they fixed everything right They did not sell Rvs just repaired
them
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Had an issue with a very large company once, won't mention the name since they did finally resolve the problem. Here's how I finally got their attention. I went to invester relations on their web site to complain (investor relations people want happy campers). I noticed that all their email addresses were their first initial and last name @ . com. I then checked out the CEO/CFO's name( found it in the annual stock holder report) I then e-mailed him using the same first initial, last name @.com. used at investor relations and explained why I was unhappy. Within 30 minutes I had phone calls from national, state, regional VP's in the company. Every thing resolved in 30 minutes. Good luck!

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen