Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ok all here is what is going on, contacted the bank that i am financing through and they are going to contact coachmen, also got a 1800 number from the bank and i once again called coachmen got a voice mail left another message also e-mailed them so far no responce from then, also contacted good sam and they got me in touch with a legal advocat to help me with this / these problems so i am just here waiting to hear back from everyone about these isses, also went out to the coach to just go take invetory on things in it and two of the draws in the kitch have fallen apart and the one cabenet door pulled out of the cabenet. so i think they just need to replace this unit and upon futher inspection there are screws missing from places screws need to be [moderator edit]? well i hope things get back to normal and thanks for all the input/ help
jimbooth25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
do not buy a coachmen/ fr product

just an fyi dont buy anything made by forest river or any of the companies they own follow my other posts mostly in the FR owners forum and you will understand why at this poin i just highered a lawer to help me get my mh fixed and put back to the way it was when i bought it new issues from bad workmanship, and lack of oversight on the workes behalf and just the whole rig it up repaires they do but tell me they are replacing things when all that gets done is bandaids and the dealership tells me if i want the cabenets replced from the waterdamage from the roof leak i will have to pay for that on my own beacuse forest river clasifies it as user erro witch i want to know why its my fualt that the water is leaking in at the seam of the roof to front cap especally when 3 days after buying it new last august 2011 it started to leak and thing have just gotten worse so stay away from this company
Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ok the petition is being sent out to the dealer i bought it from the bank and to coachmen it self, got news about the dealer (boat-n-rv) that this isnt the first time someone has taken this action witch makes me feel like i just got taken for a ride from the dealer but coachmen should also be pressing the issue of getting things fixed and fixed right
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i just sent this e-mail to coachmen so lets see what happens:
i have sent a couple of e-mails and made several phone calls and get no replie? well i have contacted a legal advocate to help me with me battle of getting my coach fixed and fixed the way it should be done instead of having things bandaided over and cualk smeared over things. i an verry displeased with the service and feed back i have gotton or lack there of and thats why i have went to the next step with my procedings, i am still having issues with my coach and its the same issues apon further looking since when does replacing ruber gromets around the lights mean smear cualk all over them , and when the pressed wood cabenits have swelled to the point screws fall out they just put longer screws in them and cover up the damage with viner and soon as it gets wet again the venier starts comming off, and the drawers are falling apart and falling out of their compartments. i feel like i have been taken for a ride finacually and emotionally with all this stress i have been through. i want some one to contact me and i also would like a rep to come to see my coach and go over these things and the repairs and have this stuff fixed the proper way and back to how it was when i bought it in august 2011 brank new, i dont care if that means you have to give me another unit, our provide me with a rental for my pland trips whial this one is getting fixed and made right i will not how ever be refinacing for another unit and having to pay this one and another one off since i already have this one half paid off or you can give me a refund for the money i put into buying this unit and cancel my loan. i expect a call sometime tuesday, sincerly james booth
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #33

354mbs cc

Bought a coachman (my second one )the first one had some issues but nothing like the DP i have now Ive been putting money into this thing since i bought it, last week while cleaning the back bedroom (the frame) i found a wire that is pinched between the bed and the back frame of the bed ive tryed to get it out but its stuck and welded in place i think Ill cut the wire ,run it the correct way and re-attach the wires back together.finding fues and re-lays is not an easy task little on the water system is a hash mash of tubes and i dont really see how you could make an effective re-pair.

Its a good thing I happen to like to work on these things.Once i get her done then i can really relax. First outting this year Mid Ohio Raceway Rolex cars cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good luck Jim. Hopefully someone with the factory will call you and invite you in for factory repair. Once you turn it over to lawyers then it will take years. So I would keep calling the factory until you get someone high enough to help you. Good Luck
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #35

Slow down, take a breath, maybe have a drink, and use spell/grammer check! Honey, not vinegar.
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kskibum View Post
Slow down, take a breath, maybe have a drink, and use spell/grammer check! Honey, not vinegar.
"grammer"?????
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden View Post
"grammer"?????
Yikes! I need it, too! My brain is too fast for my not-so-agile fingers!
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #38

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Geez..that is awful luck. I will be watching the outcome of this as well.
Good luck with this Jim..........
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Proof read before you post, it's had to be a translator.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Angry

Sorry about the spelling was using my smart phone and also mad and still mad. Well i guess this is what you get when you drop 75,000 for a class a motorhome. I am thinking about letting it coast down the drive way into a tree and then it might get fixed the right way.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #41

Good Luck! And keep us posted.
Grandpadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am confused. Is this a Coachman or Forest River issue? Or are they the same company?

Tags
coachmen