Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2019, 03:06 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Stuck pantry

Our pantry in our Berkshire 34QS is stuck and will not open. There is a plastic lever that you pull to then pull the pantry out. That lever moves, but the slide will not budge. Ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.
MaxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Was the RV a long time in storage without dehumidifier?
Moisture accumulation may cause the cabinets to get stuck, it happened to me a few years ago inside me old RV.
Treat with a Dehumidifier & Moisture Absorber for a few hours or days
Ricardo
Adaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:45 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaisu View Post
Was the RV a long time in storage without dehumidifier?
Moisture accumulation may cause the cabinets to get stuck, it happened to me a few years ago inside me old RV.
Treat with a Dehumidifier & Moisture Absorber for a few hours or days
Ricardo
Ricardo, the answer is no. We were out with it for a week over Christmas. Got it open on the trip and never fully closed it until we had to return home. Now it won't budge.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:40 AM   #4

You might be able to use a multi tool here without damaging the woodwork. You can insert the cutting blade into the door opening to cut off the latch. Better have another latch on hand to install.
Good luck.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #5

I had the same problem. My repair guy shortened the cable between the plastic lever and the latch mechanism. It took him less than 15 minutes and it has worked great since.
risky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:52 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by risky747 View Post
I had the same problem. My repair guy shortened the cable between the plastic lever and the latch mechanism. It took him less than 15 minutes and it has worked great since.
That's exactly my problem. I took the lever off and the cable is about an inch too long. Thanks for your post.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by risky747 View Post
Risky, do you know what they did to shorten the cable?
Old 01-07-2020, 03:54 AM   #8

He pinched on a small metal clip and reattached it to the latch with the clip inside the latch cable holder.
risky747 is offline   Reply With Quote