Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2021, 10:06 PM   #15

After reading your post if that’s all that’s wrong after that many years of use you are doing good

[QUOTE=RJOL;5699219]This is not meant to be a thread complaining about a factory built motorhome... It is more to say that I don't believe anyone will get a problem free motorhome from "ANY" manufacturer... If you are really unlucky, you might get a total lemon. But, what most of us get is one that a careless worker just didn't put the effort in to make it right the first time. So far we have had very good luck with our "new to us" 2012 Coachmen Sportscoach in our third year of ownership. We have had to replace the ignition switch, and the guy that installed the shower just didn't care, and it eventually leaked. This has been going on for years and it has even made the bathroom floor a little soft in spots. Finally got that fixed but it took a few tries to get all the leaking stopped at the drain from the shower... Our latest problem is with the house batteries. It is almost impossible for one to get the fill plugs off the tops of the batteries to just fill them with water. The installer laid all the high voltage cables over the tops of the batteries and you cant' even get to the fill ports without loosening several cables and removing the battery tie down bar (see photo). These cables cross over every fill cap and they can't just be "lifted" to get to the fill holes. If that wasn't enough, they installed a high voltage relay over the fill cap for the right battery. I've enclose a photo but it isn't totally in focus but it gets the point across (see photo). This relay would have to be removed to get to the rear cell. I was able to fill all the other cells but this simple job took almost 2 hours to get it done.

My theory is that you just have to be "lucky" to get all the craftsmen involved in building these coaches to "do a good job." Unfortunately there are some that just don't care, and I don't think it makes any difference what you spent on your coach...[/QUOTE]
filterbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 10:35 PM   #16

Trouble free..... yes

Trouble free and motorhome can be used in the same sentence. Take a look in the Renegade owners Forum . Complaints run the gamut from not enough cup holders to not enough cup holders. Just sayin
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:59 PM   #17

The most stupidest irresponsible factory installed thing for us was on our first ever RV some 22+ years ago = a 5th Wheel. The bedroom slide out over time unbeknownst to us, moving in and out wore into the hydraulic fluid hose until it leaked.

They'd placed the hose under the actual bed sliding back and forth over it. One day couldn't get it to come in. CG hosts at Provincial Park and ourselves used up all our spare fluids we both could lay hands on. No evidence of leakage on ground anywhere but still reservoir kept reading empty every time we checked it.

Finally when I went into the bedroom the odour of fluid was immense and the carpet soaking under my bare feet. We managed to get the slide in to leave the site a bit at a time some 5 hours after check out time!

What a mess and for a then newbie RVer to even utter a guess as to where the fluid was going. Head shakes on that lack of thought at build time (anyone recall common sense?) still to this day.

SD
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:15 AM   #18

I am not getting this. I have owned my Newmar Country Star for 6 years and it has been flaw free for most of that time with the exception of …. Fill in the normal stuff that goes wrong here. But I still love it. LOL

Tags
free, motor, motorhome, motorhomes