Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Vibe 268RKS?

I have searched high and low and cannot find a decent review on a FR Vibe.

This would be our first TT purchase and we have no experience. Is the Vibe a decent trailer? Or Forest River for that matter, do they stand behind their products?

Thanks in advance, we are looking to make a purchase very soon.
MSD81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 AM   #2

Forest River is pretty good stuff in general. Usually very good value. I wouldn't shy away from it just because there isn't a review on that particular model. Look at reviews for any of their trailers. Floor plans are like socks.. they change every day.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Thank you
Old 09-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
During March we looked at the Vibe 268RKS. I liked that layout. Almost purchased but I had a couple of issues. One, it had no rear ladder. The salesman could not give me a good answer on how weight much the roof could take. I like to get on the roof for maintenance. The other issue was the rear kitchen. Although it looked very good, I was a little leery of the rear kitchen and storing things. I had heard other reviews of other rear kitchens and storing things. Refrigerators opening and other things flying around in the cabinets while traveling. One has to take more packing precautions with a a rear kitchen. Otherwise, functionally, I like the layout.
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #5

Love our Vibe 268RKS

Purchased our 286RKS in July and love the rear kitchen. NO issues with doors opening, stuff flying out. I wouldn't worry about those things. The rear kitchen offers plenty of counter space with room for us both to work on preparing meals. IMO it's the perfect layout and the wife loves it so I am happy. The outside kitchen is an extra bonus when I want to grill. I contacted Forest River about weight on the roof and was told there is NO problem with me walking around up there, the roof is very robust. Just no way to mount a latter to the rear wall which I don't have a problem with. I always carry my 12" collapsible latter if needed. Love my VIBE
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:04 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
We have had ours out 3 times now. We really like the layout, but given this was our first TT, I would have done things different. Bigger bed, bedroom is the main one.

I will have to take it in for several warranty issues...the one time it rained hard we had a leak between the entry door and bedroom door.
This past trip, our bedroom didn't latch. When I stand and look at it, the frame where the latch is bowed out. A pantry door fell off the latch already, easily fixed with some longer screws.
We have not had one door open while traveling so our things stay put.

Sound system is terrible. Surround doesn't work with DVD (very low sound). Bought a sound bar to take care of that.
I have read where they are pretty cheap, but how can the radio work great out of the same speakers?
When I change my TV channel it will turn on the Vibe sound system.

The rear kitchen is nice, we like the counter space. We do not like the storage under the kitchen table benches. It is hard for my wife to get the drawers open and closed over the carpet.

I was pretty naive when we bought it. Our salesman told me it was ~26' long, but it is 34'. Looking at it next to hundreds of others I really couldn't tell. I am getting used to towing it, but am going to have to rework our driveway to get it parked easier.
I have no issue towing down the road though. Minimal sway when getting passed by semis.

There are some other minor issues I won't go into here, just some things I notice and wish I had looked at a few more models and a lot closer at quality.

Overall, we are fairly satisfied.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:32 PM   #7

Agree, a bigger bed and better mattress would be nice. So, couldn't do bigger but did get a much much better mattress, Brentwood 9" Gel Infused Cool Foam and it's 1" longer than the one in the TT . If your interested I highly recommend it, got it from Amazon
97+ reviews and 5 stars! link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00
Old 09-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #8

"The rear kitchen is nice, we like the counter space. We do not like the storage under the kitchen table benches. It is hard for my wife to get the drawers open and closed over the carpet."

My wife was having the same trouble with the drawers. I went to Lowe's and got some 1 inch wide wood strip screen molding and attached to the bottom of the drawers. It raised the drawers about a 1/4", enough to clear the carpet.