Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Washer Dryer Combo installation

We just bought a used 2005 Georgetown LX 375TS. It has a cabinet for a Washer/Dryer combo in the bathroom on a inner wall. Can anyone give me any recommendations as to installing the W/D. I would like to vent it outside, but figure the vent needs to go through the floor?????
rlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On our DSDP we ordered it wired and plumbed for the Splendide combo unit. Newmar placed a sticker on the wall where I could bore through. Kind of nerve wracking boring a 2½" hole through the side of an almost new $200,000+ rig! Worked out fine though other than my wife wanted the space for storage and we haven't been able to go full time yet so she hasn't seen the value in having it yet.
Are you saying that that your cabinet is not on an exterior wall?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #3

Ventless combo , units are available , and they've been getting good reviews. DW says this is the year.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would stick with an outside vented unit. The do dry a bit faster. There should be a sticker on the wall or floor showing where to vent. It may be a drawing in the manual.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #5

Splendide

We have a Splendide washer/dryer combo, it was the option that couldn't be deleted per orders from my wife when we bought our new fifthwheeel. She used it for three months in Florida this year and loves it.
It's vented which I highly recommend that model after lots of research! They take a longer time to dry then household since they are 110 rather the 220. But whats good is that they go right into the dry cycle from the wash automatically. Check out the posts on this forum lots of practical information on how to use them. The new Splendide model has a slightly larger tub then the older models.
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just had the Splendide 7100 XC Ventless combo installed yesterday in our 2012 Berkshire.

I looked and researched the the vented and ventless and made the decision for the ventless. We have yet to try it out.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #7

Our Splendide W/D is vented through the side wall. Makes the most sense to me. I want any humidity outside the walls
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
Our Splendide W/D is vented through the side wall. Makes the most sense to me. I want any humidity outside the walls

Datrbone8 -

There is no humid air dispersed to the inside of your coach when using a ventless model. The system uses water to cool the drum which is then drained into the holding tank.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the vented Splendide combo washer / dryer in our MH. The vent goes up and out at the top of the wall.

We love the unit. Small loads and takes about 3 hr's to wash and dry but one load a day keeps 2 people in clean summer clothes.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #10

I haven't seen a W/D vented through the floor. To me, it makes the most sense to vent through an outside wall. If that isn't possible, for whatever reason, I would think the ventless unit would be the way to go. We had a ventless unit in a previous coach, and it worked just fine, just took a bit longer to dry than our current vented unit. If you choose to go vented, I would think the coach manufacturer could tell you where to place the vent. Good luck.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote