Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #71

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
It is installed. Not as smooth as it could have been due to differences between quick start guide (printed and on line versions) and actual download process. Also disapointed in user manual, sooo many abreviations/terms and no translation. Both manuals could stand a lot of improvement.
Lots of questions but one is very important to all of us.

Factory tune is in handheld device when SCT tune is installed. If handheld suffers electronic breakdown, is lost, damaged or stollen how does one get back to factory program?
ctpres, sorry to hear the manuals did not lineup together. SCT just released the quick start guide. What differences do you notice and what abbreviations/terms can I translate for you?

IF something does occur with the device, cord, theft, water damage, broken screen or any other issue that may arise, we can in conjunction with SCT will create and load a new stock file onto your device (new, repaired, or otherwise).
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #72

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
I'm in. I'll look up my pcm code and order online.
Thanks,
Mike
Thank you very much Mike!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #73

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokeguy101 View Post
Is this tune good for 2006-2007 v10s as well? Is today the deadline to order and what information do I need before I buy?
Thank you much Cokeguy101! Those that have reached out to me I have extended the deadline by a bit. =)
Old 09-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #74

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc300turbo View Post
Mines ordered and on the way
Thank you sc300turbo! It should be arriving soon!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
frede,

You can change this setting under device settings so it will automatically power down.

You will go to "device settings" to your 8th option down "power mgmt mode." Once here you will change the setting from "always on", to "auto."
Sweet, I love my tune!
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #76

Send a message via AIM to sc300turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
I must say after a little 500 mile trip into the hills of Pennsylvania this weekend, I can't believe this is the same RV I've been driving for years, it felt like a new machine. The shifting was amazing, staying right in the power range for most of the trip. I even used my cruise control for the return home drive. Got one for a 2006 Jeep Wrangler?
Hope I'm half as happy. ..lol...only had my camper since April. ..done 8 trips so far and almost 4,000 miles....I enjoy the drive now. ...can't wait to give my impressions
Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #77

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mr. 5star - If most of your sales are thru dealer installs, then most of this probably does not matter. I've been in tech stuff all my life and probably read to hard. Must admit your tune WORKS. Under 400 miles so far and only one glitch. Will let it learn.
My comments quick start guide: Section 1 & 2 OK
Section 3 Left out how to turn on - plug into computer or obd2 with engine running or key on key off? Would important on-device info be needed before section 4? Unlocks left - example of when it might be needed or used. I was left with impression I might only be able to put factory tune back five times. Married/unmarried means what?
Section 4 OK except website newer than printed so some confusion finding what to download.
Section 5 Is this info needed at this time? Power up how to again same as section 3
Section 6 looks like it got lost.
Section 7 I think fact that engine damage could result by loading tune with engine running should be at very top.
I have not even touched optional screens - I have no idea what all those abbreviations are.
I like to download manuals. On first pass with yours I thew away the user manual. Finally figured out it had quick start in front and wasn't a duplicate.
Looked for tow/haul tune in programmer before I was able to drive. Only on the road did I figure out tow button did it.
Maybe next gen software will allow for backup of factory tune.
Hope some of that was helpful.
BTW Thanks for supporting IRV2.com and the special offers.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:11 AM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
I have to take my hat off to the 5 Star Tuning team. I was one of the members that asked for a new group buy, and as a result they did another one. Now fast forward to the expiration of the group buy and I still have not made my purchase. I am in the Military(Go Navy!) and am also deployed to a not so friendly place. Sometimes communications where I am at is a struggle. I still wanted to purchase a tuner for my MH and could not make the connection. So when I finally get comms up and can make the purchase, I do not have the PCM code either. ONE email to 5 Star solved all the problems. They extended the group buy price a couple of days to accommodate me, they will ship the unit now, and they will email me the tune when I get home from this arm pit and dig up the PCM code on my coach. AWESOME!!! Customer service like that is a lost art! THANK YOU 5 Star tuning team!!! Now I just have to get home and enjoy the fruits of our labor... I cannot wait.
Alan
Eggz2
V/R
LT Alan D. Eggemeyer, USN
Materials Officer/Logistics/CSMO
Commander Carrier Strike Group 12
THEODORE ROOSEVELT Carrier Strike Group
Old 09-13-2015, 06:04 AM   #79

Send a message via AIM to sc300turbo
I got my tuner just have not had time to install and tune yet. .but yes customer service has been great so far. ...and thank you Alan for serving and protecting us. Glad to know they took care of you since your taking care of us! ...
Also thank you 5 star for the second group buy!..hope it made you guys some business!
Is there a tune for a 2004 jeep wrangler Rubicon. .auto Trans?
Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-14-2015, 04:22 AM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
frede,

You can change this setting under device settings so it will automatically power down.

You will go to "device settings" to your 8th option down "power mgmt mode." Once here you will change the setting from "always on", to "auto."
It was already set to "auto" and it stays on when I turn off the ignition
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
Old 09-17-2015, 04:05 PM   #81

Quote:
On 87 Octane you will see gains of +30 hp, +75 lb ft.
On 89 Octane you will see gains of +35 hp, +80 lb ft.
On 91 Octane you will see gains of +40 hp, +85 lb ft.
On 93 Octane you will see gains of +45 hp, +90 lb ft.
Just found this thread. Haven't picked up my '16 Bounder 35K ('15 F53 chassis). Does it interfere with the Ford warranty? Will be doing this enhancement as long as the warranty is still valid.
Let us know when the next possibility for a group buy is available please. Looks like I missed this one.
Looks like a great product.
Thanks!
Old 09-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #82

I would like to participate.
2usaretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
It was already set to "auto" and it stays on when I turn off the ignition
It does turn off, just takes a while (longer than I'd like)
Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 AM   #84

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2usaretired View Post
I would like to participate.
With us being at the Rally this week we have a show special going on. If you are unable to make it to the show, use coupon code "Nashville" online.