Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Keep Mice Out With Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent

Keep mice out of your RV during storage with the use of Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent. Rather than killing them this formula repels rodents for up to 3 months with a "woodsy" scent.
  • Wild house and field mice are repelled rather than killed.
  • Easier to use than traps, bait stations, and glue boards.
  • More effective and less dangerous than poisonous options.
  • Safe around kids and animals.
  • No clean up: forget about removing mouse and rat carcasses and the nasty odors associated with them.
  • Simply place pouches in the affected area and rodents will flee.
  • Made from 98% bio-based natural ingredients.
  • Made with a natural blend of plant fiber and botanical extracts that, while pleasant for you, will offend rodents.
  • EPA registered - All Natural, Biodegradable, "Green" product

Learn more or get your supply while it lasts here --> Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent.

RVupgrades.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #2

None of these scent repellents work.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #3

Actually they do. We bought our Beaver Patriot in Phoenix Az and drove it home to central Fl not realizing we had a mouse on board we began finding mouse droppings in galley drawers and discovered a Aquahot line had been chewed through in the basement. I put fresh cab in the basement near where the line had been chewed and 1 in the common area of the coach. Days later I set 11 glue pads and 14 traps (brother-in-law is in the pest control business so they were free). Later that week the mouse was found ran over flat in the street in front of out house. We live at the beach and do not have mice but big rats in the area. So this was our traveling mouse. The fresh cab had driven him out of the coach. Since we keep fresh cab around and spray the basement with TOM-CAT. No more problems.
BeaverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #4

I swear by Tomu Ultrasonic Pest Repellers. Ran the suckers off within 36 hours. Put them in the basement as well.
tigerGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:53 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did not work for us. We stored our RV for the winter in an area where there are field mice so put 2 full boxes (8 packets) around the RV. Unfortunately we had mouse droppings EVERYWHERE this spring....
kwberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVupgrades.com View Post
Keep mice out of your RV during storage with the use of Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent. Rather than killing them this formula repels rodents for up to 3 months with a "woodsy" scent.

• Wild house and field mice are repelled rather than killed.
  • Easier to use than traps, bait stations, and glue boards.
  • More effective and less dangerous than poisonous options.
  • Safe around kids and animals.
  • No clean up: forget about removing mouse and rat carcasses and the nasty odors associated with them.
  • Simply place pouches in the affected area and rodents will flee.
  • Made from 98% bio-based natural ingredients.
  • Made with a natural blend of plant fiber and botanical extracts that, while pleasant for you, will offend rodents.
  • EPA registered - All Natural, Biodegradable, "Green" product

Learn more or get your supply while it lasts here --> Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent.

Started using product a few years ago in my moms trailer
(Central Illinois) while winterising
It works
use to use mothballs
Hated spring time smell
With product in side different compartments.
Had mice around outside
Now I hang water bottles with holes and mothballs inside hanging with string swaying
sent keeps little critters away also
Refill in spring
And less bugs in the summer
gramps66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #7

We make our own out of the essential oils.

Just make sure you use Balsam Fir Oil. Not the Siberian stuff.

It has worked for us for several years. Then this past couple of months, didn't re-spray our "baits", and now we have mice...

Shouldn't take much effort to get rid of them, again...
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #8

Cab Fresh did not work for me, I caught a mouse in a trap next to 2 bags of Cab Fresh under my hood this summer. Another poster told me not to place bait next to the Cab Fresh, but it proves that no scent will deter them if they are hungry. How do you keep food scents out of a RV, even after the food has been removed?
My opinion - Many people claim success stories in deterring mice, but most of that success is just luck! It's like when your mother told you not to touch a baby bird or the mother will reject it's smell. No mother will reject their baby or food for that matter based on smell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresh Cab.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	268906  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Cab Fresh did not work for me, I caught a mouse in a trap next to 2 bags of Cab Fresh under my hood this summer. Another poster told me not to place bait next to the Cab Fresh, but it proves that no scent will deter them if they are hungry. How do you keep food scents out of a RV, even after the food has been removed?
My opinion - Many people claim success stories in deterring mice, but most of that success is just luck! It's like when your mother told you not to touch a baby bird or the mother will reject it's smell. No mother will reject their baby or food for that matter based on smell.
I can't angry with you. There's some cases when animals rejecting their babies cause of intruder's scent. I have not much of knowledge about birds, but my aunt raised rabbits and thanks for that I know that even slightest intruding in the nest can cause the mother to leave her babies.

What about traps and methods, in my opinion - the more, the better. I had mice in the house and tried to use DIY traps but it had no result and I just got tired and annoyed. Then I've tried different methods but they didn't work either. Only when I tried humane and harmful traps, repellents, bites -- all in the same time -- it worked and mouse got trapped in the humane trap (lucky bustard). That was a year or two ago, but now I've seen that little naughty creature again in the toilet. Though, this time I want to test some of that "hi-tech repellers" in solo and check how good do they work. It's way better at least because that it's totally unharmful for cats.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:45 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
This thread is for our Sponsor to promote a product. Please take continued discussion regarding alternatives to a separate thread elsewhere.

Thank you,
Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #11

From my experience I would have to say this product does not work very well. I had a mouse building a nest in my gas grill so I cleaned it all out and put 2 bags in the grill. The mouse rebuilt his nest within 2 inches of 1 of the bags. Therefore, I feel it is prudent to point this out. I guess I can't offer any other alternatives that actually work in this thread, sorry.
Dave
Old 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
This thread is for our Sponsor to promote a product. Please take continued discussion regarding alternatives to a separate thread elsewhere.

Thank you,
Lori-

How are we suppose to know that this is a ad?? Shouldn't it be identified as such?
Old 12-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
How are we suppose to know that this is a ad?? Shouldn't it be identified as such?
1. It's in the Vendor Spotlight Forum section
2. The definition of this section reads: "Our vendors not only help support our community, they also offer amazing deals to our members. Check this forum often for all the specials, deals and announcements."
3. It's posted by a badged Official iRV2 Sponsor (look at the title under the user name)

That's how you know.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
1. It's in the Vendor Spotlight Forum section
2. The definition of this section reads: "Our vendors not only help support our community, they also offer amazing deals to our members. Check this forum often for all the specials, deals and announcements."
3. It's posted by a badged Official iRV2 Sponsor (look at the title under the user name)

That's how you know.

Lori-

It was shown in the "recent discussion" section, which led me to believe it was just another post. Maybe this is a system fault that should be changed to keep ads out of the "recent discussion" section, since they are not open for discussion!
I'm not the only one confused by this post as noted by the other comments.