Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Post New! King Controls "The Jack" Off-Air Digital Replacement Antenna

CRYSTAL CLEAR HDTV
With crystal clear reception of all VHF and UHF digital HDTV signals, the JACK antenna offers a much broader reception range than traditional RV antennas. Additionally, the JACK antenna provides greatly enhanced UHF reception where over 80% of the new digital channels are now broadcast. You get completely uncompressed high-definition TV signals for the absolute best picture quality available today.

SIMPLE INSTALLATION
Easily replace your existing Sensar® antenna in just 5 minutes without any special tools. The JACK mounts to the existing antenna mast with 2 removable pins. The JACK is 70% smaller and requires no additional roof space for installation. The built-in signal amplifier works with your existing antenna power switch or can be used with the provided power supply if replacing a non-amplified antenna. An indicator light shows when the amplifier is powered.

REPLACE YOUR SENSAR® WITH A JACK ANTENNA TODAY!
• 70% smaller and provides better reception
• Can be installed without hitting the AC or roof vent
• Designed for new digital signals
• Aerodynamic for less wind resistance
• Amplified with included power supply
• 5-minute retrofit to existing Sensar™ mount
• Diagnostic light to indicate +12 volt power to antenna
• 12 1/2 inches long, 16 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches high

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
This looks like something I would like to get!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Me too! And when I do it will be from RV Upgrades for sure.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Has anyone done or seen a comparison between the Jack and the Wingman? Just wondering if there is enough difference to make it worth a change.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I just saw these and we haven't put an analog to digital converter box in our coach yet because we generally use our satellite dish. I would like to have local stations when we get into an area. I don't have room in my overhead compartments for a converter box so I haven't purchased one yet.

Does anyone know if you still need a converter box with this new antenna or does it replace the analog to digital converter box. Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #6

The TV needs a converter box no matter what kind of an antenna you use. The over the air signal is digital and the TV is analog. That's where the conversion must take place.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
The TV needs a converter box no matter what kind of an antenna you use. The over the air signal is digital and the TV is analog. That's where the conversion must take place.
Thanks.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only comparison I've seen is King Control's web page.. which of course is a biased source so I won't quote it.

I would like to hear from users, both kinds (Happy/Unhappy)

I'm kind of wondering what's up where I"m at.. One station here is still on VHF (12) and I can not see them.. I've watched them in the past from this park, but now I get solid ZEROS on my DTV-Pal. AS THE CROW FLIES.. I'm perhaps 30-35 miles from the transmitter and I can't see it

100 miles away I can see a UHF transmitter but 30-35 miles on VHF is kind of like my back pocket.. I mean I do that kind of millage with the antenna on my mirror and a 50 watt transmitter and they are running kilowatts and not reaching me. Something is strange in VHF land.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Wonder if it will fit on other brands of antenna mounts. I've got a Concorde (Braun) motorized antenna now.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have now seen a "User Comparison" it's not scientific but user (in another RV forum) basically said that when he compared it to his Batwing No difference

I do not know if he had the wingman on his batwing

I may (some day when I can afford it) get one.. The reason has to do with cheap coax.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #11

Jack Antenna

We have an open house at the local RV dealer today and my wife and I will be there to support our RV club and hope to interest a few new members.

One of the vendors is a rep for the Jack Digital antenna. I am going to pin him to the wall on the design and claim of "better" antenna. Where I live we have 2 or 3 digital stations and I want to test the claim of better reception. I upgraded the TV in our 2007 Itasca to a DC analog/digital type TV and did a search for stations in our area. Landed just 2 or 3 as I said and I want to see if the "Jack" will do any better as I know there are some more digital transponders way up north.

I'll try to let you know later...
LrSmith1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #12

Jack will be in later in the week

I bought the Jack antenna today at the show. They were sold out and it will be in later in the week. I plan to roll the RV out of the barn we keep it in, place the Jack on the ladder rack and use an AB switch in side the rig. I want to see if Jack will pull in more signals than my Bat Wing and then I'll point them North to see if I can get signals from up north. More later....
Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #13

I got a couple more signals

So, I parked my RV in front of the house, out of the metal barn where we keep it. I put the Batwing up and I put the Jack on the ladder rack. There pulled in the the same signals. I then put the Jack up on the poles I had so it would be as high as the Batwing and away from the metal of the ladder. I got 2 new digital and 2 new analog signals. I am convinced that I have an improvement in received signals. It was a lot easier to install the Jack than it was to remove the Batwing antenna. I'll keep mine.

73, Bob
Old 05-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
the antenna that was on my M/H has been removed and the cable cut. will the jack still work if i put it on a pole and attach it to the ladder or do i need to find a regular antenna for the roof of the M/H?

Tags
king controls, king dome, sensar, the jack