Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor

New Products: True Induction RV Cooktops!

True induction cooktops is an energy efficient way to do all your cooking in your RV. They are easy to clean with a ceramic glass surface and have touch sensor controls under the glass for easy operation.
  • The unit can be installed into a countertop or used as a portable cooktop making it ideal for many situations
  • Requires pans that are made of magnetic materials (cast iron, stainless steel), if a magnet sticks to the pan it will work
  • Includes True Induction's trademark EZ touch controls, numerous safety features, child safety controls
  • Has the ability to be built in
  • Timer settings and exact temperature settings

Note: For RV use, apply butyl tape instead of the supplied foam tape. Butyl tape will provide adequate adhesion and still allow for removal if the unit needs to be serviced.

To view all the models and sizes we carry click here --> True Induction.

RVupgrades.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't have this unit but do have inductions and I can highly recommend it. It is like gas in that it is fast and only heats the pan. It seems very energy efficient, we use ours on solar all the time. It reduces trips for propane and lets us use renewable energy.

It is vastly superior to gas because it will not catching things on fire, will not blow up, does not produce a lot of heat that goes around the pan and into the kitchen, does not burn oxygen in the cab, does not create humidity from combustion.

I prefer cooking in cast iron so pans are not an issue. If you go with induction I highly recommend cast iron over induction compatible stainless steel.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
wayhilc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post
Don't have this unit but do have inductions and I can highly recommend it. It is like gas in that it is fast and only heats the pan. It seems very energy efficient, we use ours on solar all the time. It reduces trips for propane and lets us use renewable energy.

It is vastly superior to gas because it will not catching things on fire, will not blow up, does not produce a lot of heat that goes around the pan and into the kitchen, does not burn oxygen in the cab, does not create humidity from combustion.

I prefer cooking in cast iron so pans are not an issue. If you go with induction I highly recommend cast iron over induction compatible stainless steel.
am restoring our vintage winnebago, when i replaced the control center ran a seperate circuit for a induction cook top, have you had any issues with your tripping breakers or anything, th
wayhilc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:33 AM   #4

I highly recommend Induction cooktops. I just installed the True Induction Mini Duo cooktop in my LTV Unity Sprinter motorhome and love it. I hated that propane cooktop. As an avid DIYer it was an easy upgrade job to cut the counter top out a bit and add a new outlet under the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180818_104025-800x600.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	225306   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180818_103944-800x600.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	225307  

Old 11-16-2018, 01:37 AM   #5

Inductive cooktop, prevent fire

Hello all, I am retired now but was a Facilities manager at UC Berkeley for more then 3 decades. My major concern in my department was first and foremost fire. Oh yes, active shooter, major earthquake, terrorist activities but the day to day worry was always fire. If there is any way to reduce the chance of fire in a small trailer or motor home please put it first on your list to do. Once a fire in a trailer breaks out, you have literally seconds to get out or be overcome by smoke. The very first thing I did after buying a trailer was to install ABC rated fire extinguishers at easy reach inside and outside in the propane compartment with bright stickers saying fire extinguisher inside, and throw out the gas range and gas oven and install quality smoke detectors. I bought an inductive cooktop and a stand alone convection oven. Since the inductive cooktop is portable where the stove used to be now sits a 36 inch corian counter and where the oven used to sit below is a drawer dishwasher. I added 3 more feet of counter and a dishwasher and way reduced the chances of fire. The duel burner inductive cooktop when unused sits under the fridge in a tray and sits on the counter when cooking. It’s easy to clean, light weight, cooks very quickly, and portable. The convection oven sits inside a cabinet below the sink counter thats only accessible from outside the kitchen and is placed on the counter when baking. That same cabinet with slide out trays also holds my prized Jura S9 super automatic coffee machine. I can’t live without good Peet’s coffee in the morning, a Berkeley tradition. Yes, I had to pull new circuits into the kitchen to operate the inductive cooktop, the convection oven, and the dishwasher. I also added yet another dedicated circuit to small kitchen appliances an added more 110 duplex outlets behind the counters split between 2 dedicated 110 circuits all GFCI protected to prevent electrocution in a wet environment. (RV kitchen)

Please do not underestimate how quickly a fire can propagate in an enclosed space and overcome you. Do not try to fight a fire in a trailer. Those few seconds spent fighting the fire are what little time you have to get outside and save your life and those of loved ones. I’ve seen many truely awful injuries and many preventable deaths but none of them can even come close to death by fire. Do whatever you can at home and in your home away from home to prevent fire and to alert you to fire early. It can and will save your life. It’s no coincidence that since smoke detectors are now code required in homes, smoke inhalation and fire deaths are sharply reduced. Paul R. Haller
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:08 PM   #6

Very nice top
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote