Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

New RVLock Keyless Entry System - RVupgrades.com

Here is this weeks newsletter with a great new product --> New RVLock Keyless Entry System & Blue Ox Patriot Brake - RVupgrades.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
I have seen a few of these around, and also at CW for sale. Looks to be an intriguing device. Has anybody had any experience with them? How is the install routine and reliability?
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpDave View Post
I have seen a few of these around, and also at CW for sale. Looks to be an intriguing device. Has anybody had any experience with them? How is the install routine and reliability?
Check out the installation video. It looks like it's pretty easy to install.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpDave View Post
I have one on my trailer. They are great. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, and when the steps are down, it is a reach for her to use the key to unlock the door. She broke off 2 keys before I went to my RV dealer and got his unit. Anything I can do to make it easier for her.

They are very easy to install. Like any latch, they need to be put on and double and triple checked to make sure all is in the correct place. The door unit takes AA batteries, which can be changed in about 2 minutes with a phillips screwdriver. The door latch batteries are good for about 3 months, more if you don't use it as often as we do. There are 2 keys included, and the directions will tell you to make sure you always have the key in the event the batteries go dead while you are out. I found that when the door doesn't respond as quickly after punching the code, or it seems to be dragging, then replace the door batteries. I also took mine apart before installing and put some light grease on the gears.

Something that is worth saying.....If you are on the inside of your trailer, and feel the need to lock the door in a hurry, you don't have to go to the door. Just punch the button on the remote. You will get 3 quick beeps when the door locks/unlocks.

Regards,
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I was hoping to install one on my motorhome, but my lock is slightly bigger. Be sure to check the dimensions which we provide in the product details. It appears the trailers use a narrower lock design than the motorhome do. I did get a chance to play around with it and it appears to be very good quality.

If you find you cannot use this model, we do have another coming very soon that will feature a keypad on the door handle. It will not have a remote, but at least you can get in without a key if needed. I will include details when they come available.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
I was hoping to install one on my motorhome, but my lock is slightly bigger. Be sure to check the dimensions which we provide in the product details. It appears the trailers use a narrower lock design than the motorhome do. I did get a chance to play around with it and it appears to be very good quality.

If you find you cannot use this model, we do have another coming very soon that will feature a keypad on the door handle. It will not have a remote, but at least you can get in without a key if needed. I will include details when they come available.
I didn't know that Motorhomes had different size doors. I know that there was a keyless entry that the dealer wanted to put on, however, because my door is thicker (artic package) it wouldn't fit. I know that I really like the keyless entry that I bought. It works fine, and has saved me from getting a broken key out of the door!
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We have one installed on our 5th wheel. We like it, but I can't get it adjusted so the door closes easily. I think I may have over tighten it when I first installed it. Now cannot get the door to close with out slamming it!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
I was told by the company thhat they don't have a keyless system for motorhomes, at least for mine, 2012 Thor Challenger 37DT
GJHD is offline   Reply With Quote