Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Remco Aquajet Variable Speed 5.3 GPM RV Water Pump

Looking for a high and smooth flow water pump that can give you a similar experience to the pressure and volume you have at home? Then check out the Remco 55AQUAJET-ARV Aquajet Variable Speed 5.3 GPM RV Water Pump.
  • Aquajet replaces any OEM pump that operates multiple faucets simultaneously.
  • High flow 5 pumping chamber design allows smooth output and less pulsation.
  • Variable speed, "just like home" technology provides the best low flow capabilities without hammering or rapid cycling.
  • Professional grade, sealed motor.
  • Intermittent duty pump - 30-45 minute runtime, 20-minute cool down.
  • No accumulator tank required.
  • If an accumulator tank is already installed in your system, either bypass or eliminate it.
  • Self-priming up to 13 feet.
  • Heavier wire for low amp draw (14 awg, 12" long, black negative, red positive)
  • The outlet check valve prevents city water connection backflow.
  • Can run dry without any damage.
  • Tested dry for 3 hours saw no defects in components.
  • Automatically shuts down if voltage drops below 10V.
  • Thermal protection automatically shuts down the pump if temperatures exceed 185-degrees F.
  • 5.3 GPM flow rate.
  • Max Pressure: 65 PSI.
  • Power: 12 VDC.
  • Amps: 6.5 amps max.
  • Dimensions: 8.89" L x 4.84" W x 4.6" H.

Click here to learn more or to purchase --> Aquajet ARV Water Pump.

RVupgrades.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #2

Bad Pump

So I purchased this pump in May 2020. I installed it in my coach mid May. On Oct 6 I discovered a leak coming from the housing. It had a very small crack which was spraying water.

I live in Tennessee and the coach was on three trips during this timeframe. Gatlinburg, Gulf Shores Alabama, and Carlisle Pa.

I contacted RV upgrades and was referred to the manufacturer (REMCO) for any warranty issues. Not good customer service but I did contact Remco.

I talked to Kristen Faber at REMCO and she advised to send the pump back and they will evaluate it to see if it qualifies for warranty.???? The Pump was only 5 months old. She told me that if they find it was cracked from something that was a problem with my coach, it would not be warranted. Seemed at the time she was prepping me for a denial. I told her it was a direct replacement for the previous pump that had lasted 15 years so the coach should not be the issue. She explained that if the coach had an issue with "pulsating" it could cause it to crack. She couldn't explain very well what she meant but I sent the pump in (at my expense) and waited to hear from Remco.

Today I got an email from Trevor Shiele who was the tech that inspected my pump and he advised it would NOT be covered under warranty because it was his opinion that it had froze.

I called Trevor and advised him that it was purchased and installed in May in Tennessee. Of the three trips this summer the coldest temp that it was in was 50's in Pa at the end of September. He said that he and three others at Remco examined the pump and concluded that it froze.

I'm furious because I know it has not been in any temp. near freezing since May. Trevor is obviously not a customer service type guy.

Trevor is going to have a sales Manager call me tomorrow so "I can argue with him".

Fingers crossed for better results from Sales Manager!

Old 10-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #3

Great Customer Service

My original reply to this post was made at about 6:05 PM. Within an hour I received a private message response from Bill Rowell, President of RV Upgrades.com. He acknowledged the poor customer service I received and stepped up to take care of the problem by sending me a new pump.

I appreciate his immediate help unlike the runaround I received from Remco.

This is how you run a business!

2 thumbs up for RV Upgrades
Old 10-29-2020, 07:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalryman View Post
My original reply to this post was made at about 6:05 PM. Within an hour I received a private message response from Bill Rowell, President of RV Upgrades.com. He acknowledged the poor customer service I received and stepped up to take care of the problem by sending me a new pump.

I appreciate his immediate help unlike the runaround I received from Remco.

This is how you run a business!

2 thumbs up for RV Upgrades
Sometimes you just have to 'squeak' a little
Shouldn't have to......
Nice to hear a right response from the president and new pump on it's way

REMCO....that's a WHOLE different story
See they still haven't improved on their customer service
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Good to hear the RV Upgrades stepped up to warranty a pump that Remco should have.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That is good news. I've known Bill nearly 20 years & am not surprised you heard from him directly. It sounds like you may have spoken to someone else at RVu not familiar with how Bill backs the products he sells.

Yes, Remco should've stood by their product; but glad you got resolution from RVupgrades.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:13 PM   #7

Remco Call

I got a call back from Remco today, Sales Manager Zach. He explained that he talked to his tech (Trever) and said that after he looked at the defective pump he could understand how Trever came to the conclusion that the pump had froze.

I explained to him that the coach had not been anywhere during that timeframe that came even close to freezing. He said he believed it may be due to fatigue from "hammering". I think this is the same thing that Kristen tried to explain to me. He said it is caused by extreme pressure from turning off a faucet too fast....???? I've had the coach for 6 years and have always turned off the faucet the same way. Besides the old pump lasted 15 years even with my fast shut offs! LOL

He asked if I used the pump for any long periods of time or did the pump cycle on and off frequently. I told him no on both questions. I only had the coach on three trips and on two of them I was hooked to city water supply. He also said the flexible lines that connect the pump to the system may have gotten brittle over the years and not providing enough cushion.

Anyway, he offered to replace the pump. I told him RV Upgrades already stepped up and was in the process of sending a new pump. He was going to contact RV Upgrades and work it out with them.

I checked my flexible lines today and they seemed fine. I can easily compress them with my fingers. I did order a new set of flexible lines from RV Upgrades today, they were pretty cheap. I figure if I have trouble with the next pump I can at least eliminate that as a problem.

It just seems like Remco was trying to blame everything except their pump.

Hope the next pump is better!

Tags
water, water pump