Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #1

Talking Review of McKee's RV Black Streak Remover

We had a customer submit this review the other day.

I next used the McKee's Black Streak Remover on my travel trailer after I thoroughly washed it with the McKee's RV Wash & Wax RV Shampoo. I dried the travel trailer off using microfiber towels but even before I dread the trailer off, I could see black streaks from the top of my trailer running to the bottom of the trailer. Here is a picture of the product before I dried my trailer off and used it on the black streaks on my trailer.

Those of us that have travel trailers or RV's know this is an ongoing problem that it ruins the appearance of our recreational vehicles. I was excited to review this product as I hate the black streaks that always appear on my travel trailer. I am always looking for something that actually works without just claiming to work,

The Wax & Wash RV shampoo you wash RV's top to bottom but this product you spray on the black streaks on the trailers and work from BOTTOM to TOP. This makes since because as the black streaks are being dissolved, gravity makes the product and black streak material run down the r.v.'s. Thus, if you are spraying the black streak remover on the top where there are black streaks, you will make it run down the sides of the RV spreading the stain all the way down your RV. You will just have made an already hard job a lot harder! You need to let the product sit for 15 seconds on the black streaks then you can either wipe r brush the area before ri isn't it off with your water hose.

As you can see, the initial treatment of the Black streak remover did not remove the black streaks.

After applying black streak remover a second time to the remaining black streaks left on my trailer, I used a bug remover sponge on the streaks this time. You will use your water hose to rinse off the black streak remover product after you have allowed the black streak remover product to sit on the RV for 15 seconds. Be sure you don't apply the remover to the RV decals though!

Here is what my travel trailer looked like after I scrubbed the black streaks left on my travel trailer with the bug scrubber (after I had applied a second application of black streak remover to the black streaks). It removed the black streaks this time after a second application and I used the bug scrubber sponge. I rinsed the product off a second time with the jet stream sprayer on my water hose and the black streaks disappeared.

I definitely will be buying this Black streak remover again but just realize that some black streaks on your RV might be more difficult to remove than others! Don't get discouraged if this occurs as you will just have to repeat the application process. If you let the black streaks remain on your RV, it just makes sense that they will be harder to remove when you finally attempt to remove them.

In my case, I haven't tried to remove the black streaks from my travel trailer for a few months..not a good idea!!! It can be done though, just use a bug scrubber to work on the black streaks that this black streak remover did not remove on the first application. That's what I did and the black streaks that remained were eventually removed. Like I said, I will be buying this product to use on my travel trailer from now on.

McKee's Black Streak Remover

McKees RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #2

Here's a couple more before and after shots on a different RV....

Before:

After:

McKee’s RV Black Streak Remover
Old 10-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #3

We prefer that if you have a question in regards to a product or application of a product, that you post it on the forum for everyone to see, as there may be other people that have the same question.

Quote:
I like the post about your RV black streak remover. What causes black streaks to begin with?
Great question!

Black streaks are the result of staining from the runoff of dirt, grime, mildew, and other environmental contaminants from the roof of your RV. These contaminants collect on the roof, decay over time, and rip own the sides of your RV with each rain shower. Unless you clean your RV’s roof on a weekly basis (who has time to do that?) black streaks are something you have to learn to deal with. McKee’s RV Black Streak Remover provides an easy solution for removing these unsightly streaks.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKees RV View Post
Here's a couple more before and after shots on a different RV....
That's quite remarkable!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
That's quite remarkable!
That Motor Coach belongs to Bob McKee, the owner and founder of McKee's RV.

Here's the deal

Frequent RV care is easy RV care. Bob wipes his coach down with Final Step Detail Wax, a high-gloss spray detailer - on a regular basis. For that reason, the black streaks were very easy to remove.

McKee's RV Final Step Detail Wax

McKee’s RV Final Step Detail Wax is a spray-on cleaner and wax in one! The slippery polymers found in Final Step Detail Wax encapsulate dirt particles, allowing them to safely be removed without scratching delicate finishes. Final Step Detail Wax features high-grade carnauba wax that adds UV protection to combat cracking and fading. Use Final Step Detail Wax on gel coat, paint, fiberglass, aluminum, chrome, decals, windows, countertops, appliances, and any other hard surface on or in your RV.

Final Step Detail Wax is without a doubt the product you will use most to care for your RV. Use it once and you will understand why: not only does Final Step Detail Wax clean, shine and protect ALL hard surfaces on the inside and outside of your RV, it’s a pleasure to apply and remove. Final Step Detail Wax does not streak or smear, and it buffs off without creating any additional work for you. Treated surfaces will be left glossy, slick, and well protected.

Use to clean and shine all exterior surfaces!

Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #6

Based on customer feedback we've assembled a money-saving kit that contains both products.

McKee's RV Black Streak Remover Combo

McKee’s RV Black Streak Remover Combo makes it easier than ever to remove stubborn black streaks from your RV. This money-saving combo includes our Black Streak Remover, a powerful cleaner that dissolves black streaks, and our Final Step Detail Wax to protect the finish and restore the gloss. The included microfiber towels are perfect for each product.