Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg View Post
I took my ScanGaugeD off my Cummins/Allison configuration and installed it on a friend's 2004 Discovery C7 Cat/Allison. It read transmission fluid temperature just like it does on our set up. I suspect it's a matter of what the manufacturer provided for that model year. It's quite possible TFT is not available on your 96 configuration.
Thanks
You know at least much as Linear Logic does, maybe more.

Hopefully someone how knows for sure if TFT should, or should not, be available, will chime in with the answer, (or tell me what needs fixing, if something is broken), so I can either fix what's broken...OR stop worrying about it!
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Scangauge D does show TFT, the transmission temperature, on my 2004 C7.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Scangauge D does show TFT, the transmission temperature, on my 2004 C7.
Bob
Thanks
Now I know that TFT is reported on a different engine.

Hopefully someone with the same engine and transmission combination,
(Caterpillar 3126 / AliisonM3060), will answer the question of whether it is even possible for the ScanGauge D to report the transmission fluid temperature, (TFT), on the engine the Caterpillar engine and transmission combination I have, (ie: Caterpillar 3126 / AliisonM3060).

I have not been able to find out if it is even possible that for my ECU to provide the, PID, (aka: process identifier), and the electronic data for TFT
to my ScanGauge D........(Linear Logic doesn't know, and if either Caterpillar or Allison do they will not tell me)!

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
My ScanGauge D does not read TFT it is blank. They have already done one replacement maybe I better check which version I presently have. I did the capture and e-mailed it to them but after about a month still no reply. I really do want to get the TFT reading.
conmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmoto View Post
My ScanGauge D does not read TFT it is blank. They have already done one replacement maybe I better check which version I presently have. I did the capture and e-mailed it to them but after about a month still no reply. I really do want to get the TFT reading.
I would also like the TFT to work, (mine is blank as well), but I may have to live without the TFT information.
Neither Cat, or Allison, or Linear Logic know if the TFT data is even available for the "D" to display with/on my engine/transmission combination.
I find that both disappointing and UNBELIEVABLE, (but that is the info all three have given me).

In my experience it takes more than one follow up phone call to get Linear Logic to anything!
It took two calls before they shipped my original "D"....... two more, to get them to ship my upgraded unit back to me.

I have not done a capture yet, but if I were you, I would call LL, (at least once every week), about your e-mail to them....(to see if they forgot all about you and your "capture").

BTW, the upgrade to version 9.10 has fixed my BST, (boost), gauge reading.
Oil pressure data IS NOT available on/from my engine, (therefore OIL is also blank on my "D").

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara, 250hp 3126 Cat, M3060 Allison
Old 11-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
SG D was a disappointment. I bought mine in August just before a 3000 mile trip.

Once I fixed the problem of mismatched pin/receptacle sizes the unit was serviceable.

Of course like Mel Stulich stated, turning off the key loses all the info. No long term mpg average, fuel usage and whatever. Not good at all.

I have a C-8.3 with Allison 3060. My Trans Temp works fine. My boost pressure reads twice what my mechanical gauge reads.

In my mind the SG-D is not living up to the sales hype. I will definitely call LL to try for an upgrade.
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffian View Post
SG D was a disappointment. I bought mine in August just before a 3000 mile trip.

Once I fixed the problem of mismatched pin/receptacle sizes the unit was serviceable.

Of course like Mel Stuplich stated, turning off the key loses all the info. No long term mpg average, fuel usage and whatever. Not good at all.

I have a C-8.3 with Allison 3060. My Trans Temp works fine. My boost pressure reads twice what my mechanical gauge reads.

In my mind the SG-D is not living up to the sales hype. I will definitely call LL to try for an upgrade.
Keith
When you call Linear Logic about your upgrade to the version 9.10 to fix your BST reading, tell them about your loss of data when you tun the key OFF.
LL gave me some programing info to over come that problem....it did not work for me, you may have better luck, (it might have been my fault).
After failing with the programing, I cut off the "on/off with key" wire off of my diagnostic plug and added an "always hot" wire in it's place..... (that corrected my "data loss with key OFF" problem).

I have already driven this coach over 100k miles without a ScanGauge D,
I'm sure that, (with or without a SGD), I will drive it until I can no longer afford the many other repairs.

IMO The SCD has not been worth the trouble, (or the $$).
If I could buy a ScanGauge D all over again .......I WOULD NOT!

However, I think, (hope), I am near the end of my SGD problems, (it's been 7 weeks, and $166.00, so far).

Mel Stuplich
'96 Safari Sahara, 128k miles
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
At least mine shows the coolant temp. My gauge reads like it is about to overheat but the "D" reads right at 185 deg. So that is peace of mind.
My trans temp gauge shows no life at all after sender replacements, I was hoping the "D" would show that temp. I will keep trying.
And also maybe just not worry about it!
conmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmoto View Post
At least mine shows the coolant temp. My gauge reads like it is about to overheat but the "D" reads right at 185 deg. So that is peace of mind.
My trans temp gauge shows no life at all after sender replacements, I was hoping the "D" would show that temp. I will keep trying.
And also maybe just not worry about it!
Except for the blank TFP gauge, all my "D" gauges work,
The MPH had to be set at +2% to match my GPS.
I have not yet used any of the trip or advanced functions.

It looks like we both may have to "just not worry about" the TFT on the ScanGauge D.
That's exactly what Linear Logic is doing about the lack of a TFT reading. But why should they CARE...... they already have all the money they will ever scam from me.
I believe very little of what they tell me and I'm sure they know it! :-)
Mel
Old 11-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
I have been less than happy with my SG but now have to say the customer service might be great.

Last Sunday I sent the SG Folks an email listing my problems with my version 9.05. Monday morning I had an answer requesting my address to send me an updated version. Thursday I received a new SG. Very good service.

Now the hard part. I will install the new gauge and see if it works any better that the old one. I'm not expecting any problems.

I really like having the digital backup of all the analog gauges. If they come up with a way to make the MPG an ongoing average, it would be even better.

Keith
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
ruffian,
I would like to know the outcome and if you still feel that the SG was not worth the money and effort.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
John:

I installed my "new version" (9.10) but haven't been out of the driveway yet. The memory seems to last day to day now.

Going down to Galveston Bay next week so should learn more then.

Keith

Tags
computer, diesel