Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #1275

As mentioned by several above, it is a MONITORING system designed to detect and warn of changes in pressure and temperature that would be indications of a developing problem. Unless the tire in question was losing pressure or the temp was rising, there is no way it can be smart enough to determine when a tire is going to self-destruct.
I also never fail to look at the trends on the tires as I travel, even tho within the alarm parameters--if one were to show more than a minor difference, it would be time to stop and figure it out.
Sorry you had the blowout, but the TST is not to blame...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #1276

"Eliminates checking tires everyday day but that is all." Are you kidding me! TPMS is an indicator only. Pressure within 2 to 3 PSI typically and approximate tire temperature, maybe.

When did you last weigh your rig, if ever, to establish tire loading factors. Were the tires inflated based on actual loading or just on the coach manufacture recommendation for the coach as it left the factory. Were you exceeding the speed rating of the tires.

Lots of factors to consider, and in my estimation checking actual tire pressure before you move might be considered #1. My particular regime involves my laptop software to calculate tire PSI for my travel period based on forecast outside ambient air temperatures and establishing TPMS monitor alarm points for the travel period.

THEN AN ACTUAL PRESSURE CHECK OF THE TIRES BEFORE I ROLL.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #1277

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Santara,
This is Mike and I am back with TST. Dan is no longer with the company. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me. I am always available for you and anyone on this forum.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 05-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #1278

National RV Owners Club
Welcome back Mike. It will be good to see TST back the way it was.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #1279

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
Welcome back Mike. It will be good to see TST back the way it was.
X10!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #1280

Dittos
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #1281

Monaco Owners Club
Wow!!

First off I was told as a major selling point that heat was the major cause of catastrophic failure and that I would not face that with the system installed since I would always be aware of heat build up..

Tire pressures based on actual weight from scales. Outside air Temperature - 85 F.

Load range H. Cruising speed 60 mph. Did not hit anything either.

Cause: [moderator edit] My belief and what the roadside assistance tech. said.

Never made ANY attempt to place ANY blame on the TPMS!! Just stated that it did not perform as hoped or as stated prior to purchase.

I write the pressures and outside temperature down before shutting the system down. Use that as a baseline for comparative purposes for the next time I use the system. Minor variation is good as it is expected and show the system is working as does the increasing pressures as the tires get up to speed and warm up.

People say I am overly anal about it as it is now.

BTW the most important question has not been asked yet.

Answer: Yes everyone is safe and no one was hurt although they were scared for a few seconds as it played it. Could have been catastrophic for all, not just the tire.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #1282

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi Mike, Glad you are there. I have a question though, the cost of the little rubber seals on the sensors was $10 for 6 sensors. We thought that was exceptionally high for 6 little rubber bands. Will that be the same with the new company?
Old 05-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #1283

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Hi,
I believe the gaskets/orings are $6.95
Feel free to call me in the morning and I will pull up your order.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 05-10-2017, 08:09 AM   #1284

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks Mike, but I don't need them until next spring when I replace the batteries.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #1285

Mike, if your still around, maybe you can help.
I sent in a 510 sensor that quit working. I was told that the little device that depresses the valve stem was defective and since it was out of warrantee (4 years old) you could rebuild it for $xx or replace it for $50. I chose to replace it. However I cannot get the new sensor recognized by my system. I changed the battery just in case that was it but still no go. Any suggestions.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #1286

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Mike, if your still around, maybe you can help.
I sent in a 510 sensor that quit working. I was told that the little device that depresses the valve stem was defective and since it was out of warrantee (4 years old) you could rebuild it for $xx or replace it for $50. I chose to replace it. However I cannot get the new sensor recognized by my system. I changed the battery just in case that was it but still no go. Any suggestions.
Hello Firedoc,
Please call me and I will help you get it programmed.
Thank you
Mike Benson
TST
Old 05-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #1287

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms free repeater w/system order

Hello All,

TST is offering a FREE REPEATER or 10% off when you purchase a New System.
This special will run for 30 Days.
Mention: IRV2 to receive the FREE REPEATER or 10% Discount

Feel free to contact me directly at 210-420-0132 or at mbenson@tsttruck.com with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Mike Benson
TST Sales Manager
Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #1288

Smile Wonderful Company

I was referred to TST from my Father who has a Tiffin Allegro and said these are the best people to call. My call was answered, and the person whom answered was able to get me the correct item. And then she made sure I would get the package delivered to where I am improving my new investment. It was so refreshing to feel like I matter, and not a $$$ sign. They made it so easy. Remember - safety first with your investment. Thank you TST for making this the easiest part of becoming a new RV owner.
Closed Thread