Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Barnhart View Post
You need to turn off the monitor after unhooking.
chevman
yeah, didnt do that-- thx Larry
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #324

I tested one of my sensors the other night. ~4 seconds from total loss of air till beep.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #325

Hi Ray, If you have your truck and RV set up with sensors, you just have to hold the Mode and Minus button down at the same time. This will put the 5th wheel to sleep. When you are ready to hook back up, hold the same two buttons and the RV will come back on. You do not need to reprogram. Diana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray/wendy View Post
Hello all, installed my TST 507rv - set up went pretty well, and happy with it. Ok now the questions- we dropped the trailer and it continued to read trailer wheels for 30 mi or more????
We did lose our reading at a truck stop it started beeping- I was thinking maybe interference with a GPS???
Thx Ray
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #326

do you need to rebalance the tires when using the flow through sensors.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #327

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Dan, I hoping you can clear something up for me. There seems to be some discrepancy as to setting the high pressure alarm. Some say 15% above your cold psi, in my case 95 front/ 88 rear, This is backed up by what people find in the manual, I don't have mine at hand so I can't say whats in mine. Others say +20%, backed up by a TST company video, located at
The video shows the 510, which I have.

At +15% my alarm pressure would be 101psi. My inside rears seem to like running at ~103psi, therefore using the 15% I would be in constant alarm. At +20% my alarm pressure would be 106psi and therefore not in alarm. Common sense would indicate to just use the 20% but is that safe? or am I just over thinking the problem and the extra 5% is nothing to worry about. Are the + percentages derived scientifically or anecdotally.
Thank you again for the millionth time,
Stewart

Sorry about the double video, don't know how that happened either, lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #328

Monaco Owners Club
I ordered the 510 system today that has the longer life batteries. Should I of gotten the newer 507 system. I spoke with TST about it and they said both units are virtually the same with regards to the monitor in the cab. The only real difference is user replaceable batteries in the 507. I like the idea of not having to replace batteries for several years.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #329

Hi there. I am not Dan but I am definitely one of the people who recommend the 20% above & 15% below. We do a lot of traveling, sometimes all day which when temps rise and the tires get hot from the hot roads would [and did] set off our alarm at 15% above the cold tire pressures. We also can have drastic changes in altitudes as we travel up into or down from high mountain ranges. This can also cause an unnecessary alarm. We are completely safe at 20% and 15% below the cold tire setting and don't have to be concerned with an alarm that is cause by just the above mentioned scenarios. We are fulltime RV'ers and have been using our TST for over 2 years without and incident because of these settings. The system has saved us twice but that is a different story. Diana
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Hi Dan, I hoping you can clear something up for me. There seems to be some discrepancy as to setting the high pressure alarm. Some say 15% above your cold psi, in my case 95 front/ 88 rear, This is backed up by what people find in the manual, I don't have mine at hand so I can't say whats in mine. Others say +20%, backed up by a TST company video, located at
The video shows the 510, which I have.

At +15% my alarm pressure would be 101psi. My inside rears seem to like running at ~103psi, therefore using the 15% I would be in constant alarm. At +20% my alarm pressure would be 106psi and therefore not in alarm. Common sense would indicate to just use the 20% but is that safe? or am I just over thinking the problem and the extra 5% is nothing to worry about. Are the + percentages derived scientifically or anecdotally.
Thank you again for the millionth time,
Stewart

Sorry about the double video, don't know how that happened either, lol.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #330

I can offer my opinion of your question. We have used both the 510 and 507 systems for a year each. Both systems do operate the same and they both work as advertised. We used the 510 system 1st then used the 507 system also for a year. We went back to the 510 system. That was a personal preference as I like the shape of the monitor and how it sits in our cubbyhole and Dutch, like you, likes the idea of not having to change the batteries.
I should mention that in the 12 months of use with the 507 with never removing them we only had 1 low battery alarm out of 12 sensors. Pretty good stats. Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyrice76 View Post
I ordered the 510 system today that has the longer life batteries. Should I of gotten the newer 507 system. I spoke with TST about it and they said both units are virtually the same with regards to the monitor in the cab. The only real difference is user replaceable batteries in the 507. I like the idea of not having to replace batteries for several years.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #331

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch & Diana Irrgang View Post
Hi there. I am not Dan but I am definitely one of the people who recommend the 20% above & 15% below. We do a lot of traveling, sometimes all day which when temps rise and the tires get hot from the hot roads would [and did] set off our alarm at 15% above the cold tire pressures. We also can have drastic changes in altitudes as we travel up into or down from high mountain ranges. This can also cause an unnecessary alarm. We are completely safe at 20% and 15% below the cold tire setting and don't have to be concerned with an alarm that is cause by just the above mentioned scenarios. We are fulltime RV'ers and have been using our TST for over 2 years without and incident because of these settings. The system has saved us twice but that is a different story. Diana
Thank you very much for your reply. Precisely what I was looking for.
Stewart
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #332

Stewart, I don't know about you, but I RV solo and check my 507 about every 5-10 minutes... Just for reference. You know, it's a guy thing with gadgets.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #333

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Stewart, I don't know about you, but I RV solo and check my 507 about every 5-10 minutes... Just for reference. You know, it's a guy thing with gadgets.
Ya gots ta have da gadgets. LOL.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #334
Community Administrator

I just spoke to Addy at TST and their official position is 10 psi under and 20 psi over for the 507 and 510. This " simplifies it for everyone". Per Addy.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 05-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #335

It's Abby. Met her at the Phx rally.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #336

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I just spoke to Addy at TST and their official position is 10 psi under and 20 psi over for the 507 and 510. This " simplifies it for everyone". Per Addy.
Awesome, well done Clifftall.
Closed Thread