Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by gands070386 View Post
Hi- our towed vehicle has "in tire" pressure monitors - will the external monitors conflict with them? Thank you for your response
This is a good and frequently asked question. No, our external systems will not cause conflict with any factory installed TPMS.

Our external sensors will function as advertised even with a factory installed internal system on the towed vehicle.

Thank you and please keep these questions coming.

Travel in safety.

Dan Covington
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Dan, I was wondering if you had a better way to secure the valve extensions. One of my supports has broken due to the increased vibration because of the weight of the 510 sensor and filling Tee. I was looking at the Alcoa site, I don't have Alcoa rims, and was thinking that the supports they sell may work, despite that I only have Stainless liners.
Your thoughts please.

Thank you,
Stewart
Good afternoon Stewart,

Depending upon your coach wheel configuration, they make a rubber stabilization grommet that will fill the hole in the rim where the extender comes through while allowing the extender to pass through.

This piece stops the vibration and adds rigidity and strength to the extender.

The sensor weighs 23.5 grams. We typically suggest that our customers contact Always Shiny Wheels and RV at 714 749 7560 for valve extenders and stems because this company sells our systems as well.

Anything they sell will be compatible with our systems and you will not experience any breakage or valve stem or extender fractures.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I may assist you further.

Thank you and travel in safety.

Dan Covington
President / CEO
dcovington@tsttruck.com
Home - Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #661

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Dan, great advice as always.

Stewart
Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #662

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Dan,

I bought a TM-507 with 6 flow through sensors for my coach and 4 regular sensors for an eventual toad. Next weekend I will be towing my boat and was curious whether I can just put the sensors intended for a toad on the boat trailer (of course I would need to reset the pressure set points for the boat trailer tires. Would I need to remove them before I launch so as to keep them from being submerged or are they ok being submerged?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #663
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No problem using them on trailer tires but in my own opinion I would not launch a boat putting the sensors under water even if it was deemed OK to do so.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #664

I am disappointed in the life of our batteries. 2 batteries on 28 days of using the 507. I was thinking it was a 5 year battery life. Am I wrong??
chevman
Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #665

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Barnhart View Post
I am disappointed in the life of our batteries. 2 batteries on 28 days of using the 507. I was thinking it was a 5 year battery life. Am I wrong??
chevman
My 507 batteries lasted 2 1/2 years, but I take the sensors off in the winter. I think the 510 batteries last 5 years.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #666

I only use ours when towing the fifthwheel. The reason for under 28 days of use but that would be a 24 hour day. Not a good sign for me.
chevman
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #667
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
chevman
My rear dials have been on since the iRV2 rally last year, I took the steer sensors off for the winter and put them back on a month ago and the toads come off when not on a trip and all the batteries arec still functioning as they should.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #668

I'm not Dan but the only system that has sealed sensors {which would be ok to use on a boat trailer} would be the 510 system. The sensors on the 2 systems cannot be interchanged. Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarwiebe View Post
Hi Dan,

I bought a TM-507 with 6 flow through sensors for my coach and 4 regular sensors for an eventual toad. Next weekend I will be towing my boat and was curious whether I can just put the sensors intended for a toad on the boat trailer (of course I would need to reset the pressure set points for the boat trailer tires. Would I need to remove them before I launch so as to keep them from being submerged or are they ok being submerged?
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #669

That is not normal at all. The 507 sensors last between 9 months & a year. Even keeping them on when not in use should give you the minimum 9 months.
I would either contact the vendor you purchased your system from or TST directly. Di

Quote:
chevman
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #670

Quote:
chevman
Good afternoon Sir,

The 507 System operates using a replaceable CR1632 battery which can be purchased almost anywhere.

This system was developed with a readily available replaceable battery in mind. With that being said, the expected life of these batteries under full time use is one year. They should be replaced annually.

They can be purchased anywhere from $2.00 - $5.00 each.

With regard to this battery only lasting one month, that is very unusual and this should not be a regular occurrence.

It sounds like perhaps we had a bad battery in this particular sensor.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #671

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Systems View Post
Good afternoon Sir,

The 507 System operates using a replaceable CR1632 battery which can be purchased almost anywhere.

This system was developed with a readily available replaceable battery in mind. With that being said, the expected life of these batteries under full time use is one year. They should be replaced annually.

They can be purchased anywhere from $2.00 - $5.00 each.

With regard to this battery only lasting one month, that is very unusual and this should not be a regular occurrence.

It sounds like perhaps we had a bad battery in this particular sensor.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
dcovington@tsttruck.com
770 889 9102
I just bought a 3 pack today. $12.98. Good to go. Chevman
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #672

Newmar Owners Club
Flow thru sensor pics

Anybody have a picture of what the TST flow thru sensors look like when mounted on a Class A with the metal valve stems? I'd like to see how big they look and how much they stick out on say the front wheel and how they fit with the dual tires. I have a Spartan Chassis but I think a couple pics of any MH would be appreciated.
Closed Thread