Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #1

06 Tour FD 40 HWH leveling system

Having problems with the leveling system for months now. Several repair facilities have repaired it temporary but it always seems to go out. The last one called HWH corp the manufacture of the jacks used in my 2006 Winnebago Tour and was told that it was the VLV shuttle and the SW pres 50 PSI valve needed replacing. I was on the last leg of our trip and we were heading for home in a week so when the parts didn't arrive on time I just had the shop forward them to me. Local repair locations are had to come by so I downloaded a manual and replace them my self. That resulted yet another failure only now I also have one slide doesn't extend plus the jacks still do not operate. The fluid is full, no leaks, can hear the pump running like usual but nothing happens.
Does anyone have any do it yourself ideas on repair?
I called HWH assistance line and talked to a nice lady who put me on the list to talk to a service tech in 7 days.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #2

I hate to say it, but the"temporary fixes" may have ended up disguising your problem (s). So first thing first, what is your HWH system model? Do you have the long or short control box? Go thump the HWH site and down load the manual for your system and control box if you haven't done so. Look for a troubleshooting pub for your control box. Physical things you can do is make sure all your solenoid valve bypass (pressure relief) screws are turned back in. Can you get the pump to pull in any slides? By that, I mean can you hear a change in the sound of the pump when the slides are retracted, and you continue to bring them in? Don't burn the motor out, just 10 seconds or so should sound different. This means that the pump is putting pressure on the slides. If this doesn't happen, then you need to measure the pump output pressure. Instructions for that are on the HWH website. You might also look at the LEDs on the control box, have your DF or a friend press the various buttons on the control pad and verify that all the proper LEDs light up. You can of course do any of those steps in any order. But those are a few things to keep you busy.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #3
Commercial Member

hi larry, if you've already gone thru the diagnostics, call me at 602-549-3638. i can help. i work for hwh, and live in arizona. we are on mtn time now.
i cant give you a good guess o n the problem just yet, so i would like to talk to you about the symptoms. thanks, paul maddox
i do not sell parts, or solicit service work on this forum i do diagnostics.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #4

I am studying the diagnostics and will definately follow up as soon as I figure troubleshooting etc. Thanks and don't forget me.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #5

Paul,
Just getting back into checking on MH jacks problems and realized I had the wrong series of service manual the correct series is 325 manual touch panel controlled system w/dump
Sorry I had previously stated 625 series.

Tags
leveling, hwh