Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #99

#1 tip for parking a 43' Class A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK View Post
What would be your #1 parking tip for a newbie with a 43' class A motorhome?
As stated in the previous responses, Always inspect your site prior to backing in, overhead items, where you need to be for hookups. Slide outs are clear of any tree limbs, medal/concrete posts, clearance for awnings. Hug the drivers side for more space on your camping area.

Enjoy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #100

Tiffin Owners Club
I assume you mean backing in. Remember your back tires are you pivot point. GO SLOW.
JD22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #101

So many good suggestions here and I'll add that sometimes I travel by myself. One poster mentioned practicing with red solo cups which is a good way to practice.

I bought 6 bright-red 24" tall cones at Lowe's to use when I'm traveling alone. They work like a charm for me.

I place them in the general area where I DON'T want to go. I will put a couple at the rear as I can see them perfectly in the camera showing where I need to stop.

Once, traveling through Florida heading back to TN, my navigation sent me down a narrow country road on a way to a campground that I was looking for! I found a fairly wide driveway that I felt where I had enough room to turn around (back into). The entrance to the driveway had a pole fence on both sides that narrowed as you went into the driveway.

I pulled out my cones and put them where the fence started to narrow on either side. Of course I had to disconnect my toad. I did get out every 5 ft. to recheck my tracking as I started my backing procedure. All was good.

As I was trying to back into the driveway, I had to be very careful as the front driver's corner was getting very close to the fence across the street from the driveway. I felt like I was trying to thread a needle!!!

Anyway, I made it without a scratch and those red cones were a lifesaver for me.

Good luck!
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
So many good suggestions here and I'll add that sometimes I travel by myself. One poster mentioned practicing with red solo cups which is a good way to practice.

I bought 6 bright-red 24" tall cones at Lowe's to use when I'm traveling alone. They work like a charm for me.

I place them in the general area where I DON'T want to go. I will put a couple at the rear as I can see them perfectly in the camera showing where I need to stop.

Once, traveling through Florida heading back to TN, my navigation sent me down a narrow country road on a way to a campground that I was looking for! I found a fairly wide driveway that I felt where I had enough room to turn around (back into). The entrance to the driveway had a pole fence on both sides that narrowed as you went into the driveway.

I pulled out my cones and put them where the fence started to narrow on either side. Of course I had to disconnect my toad. I did get out every 5 ft. to recheck my tracking as I started my backing procedure. All was good.

As I was trying to back into the driveway, I had to be very careful as the front driver's corner was getting very close to the fence across the street from the driveway. I felt like I was trying to thread a needle!!!

Anyway, I made it without a scratch and those red cones were a lifesaver for me.

Good luck!
Mark
Thanks for the tip, we have 2 cones already to practice with in a parking lot prior to first trip. We take delivery next week, so excited.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #103

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
#1 tip is to get to your destination for the day before the sun goes down.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a