Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
This 10 year deal has been in place for about 10 years in many places where we have stayed

However they all went by appearances not age if you requested reservations

I think our very first park we knew that had the rule was Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs

That’s funny, because what I could see of Garden of the Gods when driving by it look like a dump.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2019, 11:29 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
10 year old Coaches

I think when it happens it’s at a RV Resort privately owned where snowbirds stay, not just for a couple of nights. This will be my first winter in FL at a new high end resort and they did ask me how old my rig was. I told them a 2005 and they asked me for pictures of all four sides and when I sent them they said NP it looked very nice. I would say typicality you shouldn’t have an issue unless as others said it’s really bad, if so move on.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
That’s funny, because what I could see of Garden of the Gods when driving by it look like a dump.
You're sure you were looking at the right park and not the one next to it

The executive sites nearest Manitou street are usually full of 500k and up coaches

I think you better drive by again
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #46

American Coach Owners Club
My coach is a 2008. I have been asked twice. First time, I sent them a pic. Second time, I told them it was a 2011.

No problems either time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2966.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	262654
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Matbe the public park on the North West side.

Full of very high end coaches most of the time .

My Brother lives just East of the Garden of the Gods.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:24 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
You're sure you were looking at the right park and not the one next to it

The executive sites nearest Manitou street are usually full of 500k and up coaches

I think you better drive by again

In that case I probably was, thanks for clarifying I didn’t want to drive back out there to check.[emoji4]
Old 10-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillieagle View Post
I am new to the group and looking to purchase a Class A Motorhome. My wife and I want to travel the US for 12 to 18 months after we retire. We have been looking at many different motor homes and like the Tiffin homes. Our question is we have read and been told many campgrounds do not let Coaches in that are over 10 years old. To get into a Diesel we would probably be looking at coaches that are 10 or more when we actually start traveling. We have found a coach that we like and can afford of the 2013 vintage. Of course with Gas we could get into a newer coach. What are experiences of this 10 year rule. Thanks
In 2016 we bought a 2004 Winnebago Vectra and never have been turned away. Keep clean and looking nice is all they want.
stuh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #50

I had checked some RV values at NADA.

When I got down to the box to enter mileage, it said not to bother if the engine was diesel as it would not affect the value.

I thought that was interesting.

So, yes, you will have more depreciation from putting 15,000 miles on a gas RV than you would on a diesel.

We bought our first RV in March. We got a 2015 diesel pusher with 22,500 miles. I've recently seen RVs for sale that were ten to sixteen years old with less than ten thousand miles on them.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #51

Love our 2005 Travel Supreme Select with 103,000 miles and counting. Keep it looking good and maintained and no issues getting into the parks we want to stay. I have resorts that charge an arm and a leg for a night have that rule but I’m not going to pay that much to stay at one of those parks anyway. I have also had parks request a picture of my coach but only 1

Old coach is easier to maintain just get a good one in excellent shape and keep it that way!
JeffreyVoigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #52

Quote:
I am new to the group and looking to purchase a Class A Motorhome. My wife and I want to travel the US for 12 to 18 months after we retire. We have been looking at many different motor homes and like the Tiffin homes. Our question is we have read and been told many campgrounds do not let Coaches in that are over 10 years old. To get into a Diesel we would probably be looking at coaches that are 10 or more when we actually start traveling. We have found a coach that we like and can afford of the 2013 vintage. Of course with Gas we could get into a newer coach. What are experiences of this 10 year rule. Thanks
We have contacted them directly and asked to submit pictures of the unit and they have accepted. I recently did this for Emerald Coast RV Resort in PCB, FL. Our unit is 2003 Monaco Windsor.
Jstewart2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #53

Hi Phillieagle (we're fans too!) 2001 Safari Trek

I just had to write you - our 2001 Safari Trek (teal & white) certainly qualifies as "old" however in our 3 years of traveling, we were only refused entry to ONE RV park, so I wouldn't worry about it, because at any given area, if there's ONE park, there's usually more! BTW, we're getting ready to sell our RV, but not because it looks old or shabby - it looks great! Enjoy!

Quote:
URparamount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Ours is a 2003 Dynasty... well maintained. We've been asked about the condition when making a reservation as others have noted as well... we've sent photos as others have noted as well.

I never take the request as an insult or get miffed about it; I'm actually glad they ask since that will typically mean they have standards and don't want jalopies sitting in their spaces.

I think this 'screening' process is only getting to become more common as more old RV's are still out there on the roads but being used by otherwise homeless individuals.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #55

The only RV resort that would not let us in with a coach older than 10 years is Naples RV resort. The other places with this rules let us send pics and let us in with no problems. Naples would not even agree to look at pics. Good luck with your new coach!
Old 10-10-2019, 04:23 PM   #56

Excel Owners Club
We're park owners with an over night park. We get all kinds pulling in & frankly it can be scary seeing what people are driving/pulling. Here's my recommendation - find a RV inspector who's qualified to rate your older campers. We recently had a tiny home pull in for a few days - she got a little peeved that I asked if she had it RVIA inspected and placarded, but turns out she did. If she hadn't we would not have allowed her to come here. The reason is the effect faulty equipment can have on our water, sewer & electric systems. It's as much for you safety as it is for ours. We get a lot of renovated older campers and tin cans (LOVE THEM!) but we always recommend they get a new placard if they haven't done so.
Ok - no one wants a junker in their park but the biggest worry is that your campers are in good working order - you expect the same from us as well.

And some parks are just snobby!
BLPTers is offline   Reply With Quote