Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2018, 10:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
We each have rules for visitors in our home or coach. It's no different with RV parks that have found that they are more profitable and/or nicer looking with the 10 year rule. As a former business owner, if it increases the bottom line and keeps the park looking neat, I'd do the same thing. They are there to make money in the most efficient way they can. The rule may turn away very nice looking 15 year old units, but it eliminates most all of the problem trashy ones too. The rule does what is designed to do.

Could not agree more.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #16

It's purpose is to keep out trashy rigs and those people that own them. It's just excepted discrimination. It isn't as offensive as a sign that reads No Blacks, Mexicans, or whatever they want to discriminate against. Call it what you want but the point is to exclude a particular class of people.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpsycho View Post
It's purpose is to keep out trashy rigs and those people that own them. It's just excepted discrimination. It isn't as offensive as a sign that reads No Blacks, Mexicans, or whatever they want to discriminate against. Call it what you want but the point is to exclude a particular class of people.

The point is to keep out trashy looking vehicles. Nothing wrong with that.

Higher fees do the same thing.

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to realize there are dumpy, junk-yard looking ghettos and there are nice up-scale resorts. The fees, rules and accommodations are what separate the two... with everything in between due to varying policies.

People and businesses should be able to cater to whomever they wish.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #18

Yep, I live in San Diego and City government is one hot mess. Be glad you don't have to deal with them every day.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not Yet and hopefully never.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #20

i have to say i would be salty if I pulled up at a campground and was told my coach wasn't allowed. by the time i leave to be FT my coach will look like the day it rolled off the line, and was better built than 90% of the stuff rolled out in the last 10 years.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn6596 View Post
i have to say i would be salty if I pulled up at a campground and was told my coach wasn't allowed. by the time i leave to be FT my coach will look like the day it rolled off the line, and was better built than 90% of the stuff rolled out in the last 10 years.
The parks have to pick an RV age to keep the older trashy units out. Unfortunately, they eliminate some very nice looking older units as well. The system must accomplish what they want or the rule would be dropped. It's their private property to manage as they like. Lots of places that don't care the age.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just tell them that I am NOT a gypsy. Humor works and they get the idea.
Chuck M Milw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #23

"I just choose to stay in parks that exclude class C and those trailer trash people with travel trailers. We superior people with class A rigs demand high class standards."

ROFL.... I've seen trashed out late model units and pristine older ones, Snooty people piss me off.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #24

I get it , it really doesn’t bother me . Sometimes it’s not only about the appearance , sometimes it’s about aged components failing causing problems . I just lived an example of that .
We are currently workamping in a luxury 55+ Resort with a loose 10 year rule ( not strongly enforced).
While we where pulling in we developed a brake issue , we made it to our site . I called s mobile mechanic , a caliper froze , tore up the rotor . Turned into a pretty big job onsite , I could feel the neighbors all giving me the stink eye
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:16 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
We own a pristine 2003 Fleetwood Providence 40', which we've had for about nine years now. We've put a lot of money into it and kept it up....and it shows. We've stayed in a few RV Parks that have the "10 year rule", but after submitting a picture of our coach.....they've accepted us. Do many of you with older coaches run into this? Have you ever been turned away?
Probably not even a worthwhile discussion anymore as it means next to nothing. Anyone with junk, doesn't want to pay the price anyway.
Most think our rig is a new one and our old 98 looked pretty nice, too.
Actually they don't really care how old your Prevost is and all any decent coach has to do, is drive up to the gate and lay down your money.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camp grounds that exclude me and the people who support them are bunch of arrogant hedonistic people. If you have a $900,000 prevost and think you are camping you need a psychiatrist. I like my old MH because it works better than many newer ones and I can fix it too.. Exclude me because my MH is over ten and I am over 80 Screw them I don't need them.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #27

Alrighty then
Old 02-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #28

Most places with the 10 yr rule aren’t camping grounds .
They are typically resorts , occasionally an RV Park .