Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #1

12v power for antenna

Anyone have any idea where the fuse is located for the radio switch in the dash? the radio switch for the am-fm when the key is off and the tv antenna power button are dead, no 12 volt power. Checked all the fuses under the dash on the left, checked all the fuses in the coach power center all are good but no idea where the 12 volt power for the radio switch and antenna comes from. Hope someone has some ideas because I'm almost out. HELP!
I have checked the inline fuse behind the radio and have pulled #17 in the block in fact I have pulled all the fuses in the block and checked them also all the fuses in the power center and also in the black box under the hood. I have no idea where the power comes from for that switch which also feeds the antenna power. This has me completely puzzled.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Your radio is normally fed off of the chassis battery(s). You need to check and see if there is any power to the switch on the dash (if you coach is equipped that way) and trace it back to the chassis bus if not.

The TV antenna booster should be powered from the house batteries side. You might want to start at the connections to the TV booster switch itself.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Your radio is normally fed off of the chassis battery(s).
The TV antenna booster should be powered from the house batteries side.
luvlabs
Normally??

In my coach the dash radio is powered by the house batteries, (as is the TV antenna booster)......however, the radio memory is powered by the chassis battery.

There are 2 radio power wires, (and 2 inline fuses), for the radio, (1 for the radio itself and 1 for the radio memory).

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mel,

My coach is a bit newer than yours. Don't know about the OPs coach.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #5

I do have the switch on the dash and it lost power at the same time, I accidently shorted the power wire to the antenna when I was hooking up the power for satellite. The radio is fed off chassis battery when coach is running and you flip the switch when shut down to run it off house battery. Radio plays off chassis but not off house, I will look for the inline fuses but to trace the wires I don't think so because they go into a giant covered harness. How would you trace them without cutting open the harness and most of it you can't see?
Old 12-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, he has a dash radio that likely has a "House/Chassis" switch and he's saying it works on Chassis, key on, but not on house.

It is very likely in your main 12 volt fuse box for the house.. Most motor homes have 2 or more fuse boxes... ONE is exclusively house systems.

The others can be mixed.. On my Damon Intruder I have 4,, One very nice Progressive Dynamics panel with LED's that let me know when a fuse is popped.

One near the parking brake, selected chassis fuses
One top and center under the HOOD, NO MARKINGS AT ALL, all chassis fuses, this is the main chassis box

One Intelletec Battery Control box, to the driver's side of the last one, this has a mix of fuses in it, some are house, some chassis.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #7

Guess I need to check for another fuse box someplace.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your black box under the hood is labeled "RV Custom Products" FW-2050. Then F-35 is the Radio fuse (5 amp). F-36 is the power antenna fuse (7.5 amp). and F-39 is the radio memory fuse (10 amp).

If the black box is labeled something else then never mind.

You could post the the model number of the black box under your hood in your MH, and maybe someone else on this sight might have the information you need.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #9

Thanks again I'll check.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My antenna fuse was located behind the tv/cable antenna box in the over-dash storage area. It is an inline fuse tangled up with a bunch of other wires.
Bounder30t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #11

Guess I need to clarify my problem, There is a switch on the dash for the radio to work it either from chassis battery or house battery, the antenna picks its 12v up from that also or it just dawned on me it may pick 12v up from antenna so I will look for this fuse. Thank you Bounder30t
Old 12-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check the fuses under the hood, There could be 2 boxes that have fuses under the hood.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, power