Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2022, 08:12 PM   #15

Hi Dutch Star Don, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm near Sacramento so I'll do some research and start making calls tomorrow. Thanks so much for this information.
-John
JMonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2022, 08:15 PM   #16

153Stars, thanks for this information.

I agree, I could enjoy an extensive vacation in Texas for $15k. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they have to say. Thanks again!

-John
JMonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:02 AM   #17

does the $15k even include install?
Gelato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:49 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW, when my radiator had to be replaced due to road debris damage it cost ~$7200 less my $1k deductible. This was the estimate that the insurance company accepted. This was in 2015, so the same job today will be higher, by how much who knows?? My guess $9K. But I got a big savings by knowing the shop manager and he gave me a lot of leaway, probably saved $1300 on the radiator by itself.

Cummins let me supply the radiator (which they normally will not do and anything they procure they add 50% markup).

They also let me take the CAC and have it checked which ended up testing bad and I had it recored.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #19

Check this out: https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monac...6-p/190140.htm

A MH radiator repair/replacement shop: https://motormission.com/monaco-dies...r-replacement/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #20

I had a 2006 Camelot that had the same problemÖ I was in Florida at the time. Monaco quoted 2 weeks and about 5k for the radiator. I found one at Colton Truck (Southern Cal.) for half the price and had it overnighted to Florida $$$. The installl was quoted at 18 man hours as it is a side radiator and many things have to come out to replace it. I would give them a call as they stock many parts.
Good luck!
javickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonaco View Post
I need to replace the radiator in our 2006 Holiday Rambler Navigator. The diesel service center reached out to REVRV to see if they have any available. The good news is REV does have a radiator but the cost is $15,000.

I asked the diesel repair shop if there was any other radiator replacement option. Since they are not a fabrication shop it seems they just want to bolt in the new unit and are not interested investigating any other options. I'm not bitter with the repair shop for not wanting to look at other options but this radiator seems excessively expensive.

If you happen to know of any other option, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you
-John
Hi,
We have 2001 Monaco Windsor that required a new radiator. We inquired about having a new radiator installed and received a price of over $10,000.00 dollars for the radiator only not including removal & replacement.
I felt that this was outrageous so I inquired at a local rad shop to see what they could do for me ?
Turns out they were able to remove the old radiator and install a new copper radiator core. Installed and out the door was $3000.00 . We have been so pleased, able to drive steep long hot roads without overheating problems.
P.S - the replacement new radiator was an aluminum core. Inferior in my opinion
789MLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
You might consider Ickes RV Surplus in Montpelier Indiana for a replacement. They have warehouses full of stuff they have bought from Indiana RV manufacturers and are very nice folks.

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 08-07-2022, 03:31 PM   #23

I replaced a radiator on DP 2015 Freightliner XCM this spring. The price for the radiator varied a lot between $2000 - $4000 CAD. At the end of the day, the Freightliner radiator listed for about $3000 and was discounted to about $2000. However, the labour was approximately 20 hours.

One of the posting mentioned Sterling. If by chance this is a Workhorse Chassis expect the part price to be sky high from Workhorse and will take forever to arrive. There are several alternatives for Workhorse parts at reasonable prices. You need to identify the specific part number from the original manufacturer and/or the vehicle VIN.

Contact this after market company if it is a Workhorse chassis:
Workhorse Parts
3912 Harrison Ave.
Centralia Wa. 98531
Telephone: 855-782-4070
Fax: 360-736-9497
Email: support@workhorseparts.com
URL: http://www.workhorseparts.com
Rovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #24

I had mine replaced at REv in colburg Oregon in 2020 at 5000.00+
John Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:46 PM   #25

I lost a radiator on I-65 going north just past Birmingham AL. I called GSR for service, hoped it was just a hose. Adcock Truck Repair sent their mechanic out to access the issue. He advised the core was leaking, would need to be towed 10 miles to their shop. I said hold up on the tow, I have 100 gallon of fresh water on board and I can drive to your shop. Sure enough I added water by running a hose from the water bay to top of radiator leaving the cap off and would run my water pump when the temp would go up at all. Got to the shop, left the coach for repair had the the remove the rear facing radiator and CAC and have both units sent to a local radiator shop they recommended, they tested and repaired the radiator and cleaned and tested CAC and I instructed them to replace every single hose and hose clamp with new and installed repaired radiator and completed the job in 4 work days. Told my wife to expect a crazy repair bill. We arrived to pickup the 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and the bill was $2300 total parts and labor. I was blown away. Have not had any issues since 2012.
MarkFessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:01 PM   #26

15000 radiator.

This may not be practical but its worked for me before more that once.

Find a good repairman/fabricator from the Third world, eg Mexico. They are amazing at making things work I have had them repair and rebuild a marine heat exchanger that would have cost 4K for 300 dollars. These guys so often just donít have the choice either financially or availability to just go get another part. They make them work. That heat exchanger worked for many years, as far as I know, it still is. Have done this in the US to. You just have to do some networking in the Latin community. There is a plethora of affordable skills there.
Roadyacht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonaco View Post
I need to replace the radiator in our 2006 Holiday Rambler Navigator. The diesel service center reached out to REVRV to see if they have any available. The good news is REV does have a radiator but the cost is $15,000.

I asked the diesel repair shop if there was any other radiator replacement option. Since they are not a fabrication shop it seems they just want to bolt in the new unit and are not interested investigating any other options. I'm not bitter with the repair shop for not wanting to look at other options but this radiator seems excessively expensive.

If you happen to know of any other option, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you
-John

Add your location to your profile. It would make it much easier to recommend a radiator repair shop. Contact local truck repair places, they can point you in the right direction.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Radiator repair on the road myself

I just had to replace my radiator while on a trip. Fortunately was in a place I was able to source a location to do the work myself and called around to find a real radiator shop, not a remove and replace place. Was in Salem OR and found a good shop in Portland (Macís). They couldnít repair or get a new one, but their supplier had tanks and cores and they welded that together when arrived from the supplier. $2100.

A few years ago had a leak and took it to a Spartan Dealer. They quoted $15k also which I took to mean they didnít want to do it. Took it home and did it myself.

Iíd call till you find a real radiator repair shop to make you one or repair your current one.
Rv164 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, radiator, replace, replacement