Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #1

1983/84 pace arrow shower problems.....help

Hi, my water lines r cracked going to my shower taps... Problem is I don't know how to get at them... I dont see a trap door, there is just a wall there by my bed....
Boy the guys that built these weren't thinking at all... My drain lines for my water tank and waterlines is like 1/8 line... It took over 3 hrs to drain my water tank... Lol
I can see the lines through some drawer that r under the bed but no way to work on the lines... Am I going to have to cut a big hole in the wall??? Lol hang a picture there after?
ROLLNSMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #2

I'm curious how you know they are cracked if you can't see them. ? They make access during construction for something's but not for too many systems. You might buy one if those small pencil size inspection cameras from Harbor Freight and drill a small hole and see if you can determine how to proceed . Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
I'm curious how you know they are cracked if you can't see them. ? They make access during construction for something's but not for too many systems. You might buy one if those small pencil size inspection cameras from Harbor Freight and drill a small hole and see if you can determine how to proceed . Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
We'll let see, water is shooting all over the place and it's dripping down right from those lines... That's how I know... Lol
The lines Will need to be replaced so I need a fairly large hole to crimp the new pex lines on...
That blows me away that Fleetwood never built these things to be worked on...
Old 09-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to LandKinaMoho
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLNSMOKE View Post
We'll let see, water is shooting all over the place and it's dripping down right from those lines... That's how I know... Lol
The lines Will need to be replaced so I need a fairly large hole to crimp the new pex lines on...
Thats called 'keep the ecomomy going' Same cr*p thinking on stick houses. Happy remodelling ....
LandKinaMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #5

On my 85 behind shower is a panel to get to also under shower been there I used shark bite fittings
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
On our 82 there is a closet behind the shower and also access under the floor of the shower floor too see under.
Ours Has never been used. I would like too try it but we use it for storage,LOL
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLNSMOKE View Post
I wasn't implying you didn't know what you were doing, having more information about a problem here helps eveyone including the person looking for help. I too own a Fleetwood Motorhome and wanted to learn more. The Shark Bite fittings work really well, simple to install with just a push, once of course you can access the area. I found with screw on type fittings the Teflon Paste worked better than the Teflon tape after repeated leaks.I just had to replaced a faulty fresh water inlet and had to access under the left wheelwell by cutting a access hole to complete the replacement.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
My shower also has no access to the area back of the control handles. I am going to have to remove all of my shower because of a leak in the drain pan. I will remove a complete sheet of paneling, seam to seam. I can re-cover seams when finished, and it should look like new. The panel is floor to ceiling, 33 inches wide. Maybe yours looks like that also?

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
My shower also has no access to the area back of the control handles. I am going to have to remove all of my shower because of a leak in the drain pan. I will remove a complete sheet of paneling, seam to seam. I can re-cover seams when finished, and it should look like new. The panel is floor to ceiling, 33 inches wide. Maybe yours looks like that also? ronspradley
Ya never thought of removing the whole wall.. Lol
Going to look into that....
Maybe i'll just cut a hole to work on the pipes n then cover the hole with a picture of the queen... Lol
Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
On my 85 behind shower is a panel to get to also under shower been there I used shark bite fittings
Ya those sharkbites look like the way to go fer sure.
My shower is located right at very back of mh on drivers side. There is a bed right beside shower/bathroom.. Only way to access it is takewhole wall off or cut a hole from what i can see unless there is access through the spare tire area....