Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 04:29 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to ken1488
Angry 1987 Country Coach Shore Power Xfer Switch

Just purchased this baby, 1987 Country Coach SE Savannah (38ft) (60K miles) Cat 3208, Kabato Diesel Generator. Everthing is a go EXCEPT I cannot find the shore power xfer switch. I got got power to the cord plug it in nothing at the breaker box. Any ideas or who i might contact to locate this bad boy. thanks

[Mod Edit]
ken1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure someone here has that knowledge you need.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #3

I would post this over in the. Country Coach owners Forum on this site
Someone over there likely too know
Good Luck and dont forget to let us know what you find out, it will help others down the line
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #4

An after thought some are mounted under the bed an easy place to look
Greg
Old 10-22-2020, 05:23 AM   #5

1987 country coach shore power xfer switch

It is got to be within easy access as you would need to use it every time to connect or disconnect from shore power. The carpet has been replaced i fear it is covered up. On the Bluebirds it is in a pocket in the step well???????? Oh well still looking guess i gotta take it to camping world
Old 10-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #6

Ken.
In our 04 country coach intrigue the transfer switch is located in a cabinet behind the breaker panel it automatically transfers power from shore or generator
Are you thinking it is a manual switch? For the 87?
Greg
Old 10-22-2020, 05:26 PM   #7

Shore xfer switch

Yes i thought manual switch because 3 Bluebirds manual switch in the step well. Problem solved tho took only 4 days and 4 cases of Mic. On my 87 it is located in back of the cabinet housing cloths hamper behind a panel, sort of behind breaker box. It is an automatic xfer switch contrar to what i was looking for a manual. Anyway the circuit board inside was fried (why i was getting nothing) replaced and now good to go. Thanks for all your help. Maybe in the future i can help someone. Will be heading out for parts unknown come i Jan. And yes if a coach has a generator it must have a xfer switch
Old 10-24-2020, 04:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1488 View Post
And yes if a coach has a generator it must have a xfer switch

I've had vintage motor homes that plugged the shore power cord into a plug wired to the generator. It was a simple familiar solution for both the builders and owners.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #9

It has a automatic xfer switch. The problem was the 50Amp plug from shore power was wired incorrectly. Now i got 110 to breaker box but nothing elsewhere the engine or generator want even start. The freedom 458 series heart interface has power to it but no lights, press reset nothing, maybe blowed up the inverter thru the faulty 50amp plug. I am to old for this.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #10

Anybody know a good 110/12 volt RV repaireman in the 29560 area code please have them call me 843-373-4591 thanks Lake City SC
Old 10-25-2020, 12:35 PM   #11

Ken

It could be the inverter breakers have tripped. Find the inverter and look for breakers that can be reset. Sometimes they are difficult to see. mine are on the back side of the inverter when I remove the access plate to the inverter.
But as you cannot start the coach check the battery voltage to ensure they are charged up and fluid level is good on them

Greg
Old 10-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #12

I have an '01 CC Intrigue with the same inverter. It has a delay for everything. When I start the generator, I have to wait approx 2 mins for the transfer switch to power the coach.

Shore power is the same way. Approx 1 to 2 min wait before transfer switch kicks in then another 2 mins before A/C units will come on.

Seems like forever if you are standing there waiting on it. Like others have said check breakers, and be patient. Hope this helps.
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach, power, shore power, switch