RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #1

1998 Discovery 36T

I am a new RV owner. Well it is actually a used 98 Discovery but it is new to me. It is also our first RV. There is so much to learn and I am as anxious as ever to get started. I have some questions.

The factory installed roof top Satellite dish, the ratchet gear to raise and lower the dish is broken. I understand I can purchase and install another gear. However, I am concerned the LNB installed on the dish is no longer compatible with today's technology. I am interested in installing one of the new dome style satellite receivers from the DISH network as I am a customer of DISH.

1) What cautions must I have to roof top mount this unit?
2) How difficult is it to install a new coax from the roof to the front video switch?

The Discovery has a propane fueled generator. Therefore, it has two propane tanks. I took the unit to a local place to have the tanks filled. The coach tank filled without incident. The remote tank fill hose was severely leaking. I do not have a parts layout or exploded views of the MH.

1) Does anyone know where the remote tank may be located?
2) Since I am having difficulties in locating a parts/service manual, does anyone know the length of this fill hose and the type of fittings at each end?

I can determine this information with a little effort. Just asking if maybe someone else has already crossed that bridge!
Thanks for any and all inputs ahead of time. Look forward to chatting with each of you!
chuckc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:22 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc15 View Post
I am a new RV owner. Well it is actually a used 98 Discovery but it is new to me. It is also our first RV. There is so much to learn and I am as anxious as ever to get started. I have some questions.

The factory installed roof top Satellite dish, the ratchet gear to raise and lower the dish is broken. I understand I can purchase and install another gear. However, I am concerned the LNB installed on the dish is no longer compatible with today's technology. I am interested in installing one of the new dome style satellite receivers from the DISH network as I am a customer of DISH.

1) What cautions must I have to roof top mount this unit?
2) How difficult is it to install a new coax from the roof to the front video switch?

The Discovery has a propane fueled generator. Therefore, it has two propane tanks. I took the unit to a local place to have the tanks filled. The coach tank filled without incident. The remote tank fill hose was severely leaking. I do not have a parts layout or exploded views of the MH.

1) Does anyone know where the remote tank may be located?
2) Since I am having difficulties in locating a parts/service manual, does anyone know the length of this fill hose and the type of fittings at each end?

I can determine this information with a little effort. Just asking if maybe someone else has already crossed that bridge!
Thanks for any and all inputs ahead of time. Look forward to chatting with each of you!
The tank is between the frame rails. Just remove the fill line and take it to NAPA auto parts dealer. If it has odd fittings, check with your propane dealer.

Tags
cover, discovery