RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #29

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The shop made a public statement when they decided not to service 10+ year old rigs. What is the problem telling everyone in the RV world? Are they hiding it? Is it a secret?

For the hair shop, I would go to the Internet and find out they don't do men's hair.

The reason I need the name of the RV shop is because they might be hiding it and hoping I will come in and buy some other parts or merchandise. I prefer businesses operate honestly and in the open. I have EVERY right to spread that businesses name around stating their Policy. If they won't service my RV I have no desire to do ANY business with them. Their policy influences MY policy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #30

Two days and the OP hasn't been back.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
OP should post the info on the shop. We then know not to go there if our coach is more than 9 years and 11 months old.
Good service should be rewarded. Bad service should also be shared so we all know where NOT to go.

Here is a decent site that is gaining some traction:

RV Service Reviews

Totally agree. Not sure why that poster said we shouldn't share info. That's what forums are all about!

Just noticed, his post was deleted.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #32

Ok to each their own for sure. I just don't see it as a very big deal and feel its the guy that owns the business to do as he see fit
its not my business to tell him how wrong he may be in my opinion
others(opinion) of course may vary and that's fine
I would just shrug my shoulders and move on rather than make it a plight in life to slander or sight the firm in any way
happy Rving to all of you
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #33

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
Ok to each their own for sure. I just don't see it as a very big deal and feel its the guy that owns the business to do as he see fit
its not my business to tell him how wrong he may be in my opinion
others(opinion) of course may vary and that's fine
I would just shrug my shoulders and move on rather than make it a plight in life to slander or sight the firm in any way
happy Rving to all of you
It is not "slander" to point out a public policy. Slander is a legal term used to indicate a libelous activity. There are two sides to every business - business and customers. They have no more right to public stances as a business than I do as a potential customer. Otherwise every review ever made would be slanderous.

I read a review of a product on Amazon and get to decide in each instance whether it is a product or company I want to deal with. Just as each other individual is entitled to their opinion. Should I claim a positive review is false advertising when my results are different than theirs? A review is information provided to others considering using a product or service - good or bad.

I don't say "this is a bad company" I say "This company has decided not to work on RV's over 10 years old". I am a very pro business person, but I am also a very pro consumer person as well. Free market forces are the driving force here. Actions and decisions of companies should and do have consequences.

On the consumer side, making rash decisions or not doing due diligence also has consequences. If a company has a policy of the 10 year rule it should be front and center on their website because to do otherwise costs consumers money. I have no RV repair shop within 45 minutes of me. I don't want to get there and find out they don't work on my old rig. Tell me that up front.

Happy RV'ing to you too!