Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #1

2 or 3 rail Schwintek system

Having some slide issues on a coachmen mirada. Would just like to know how you can tell if you have a Schwintek 2 rail or a 3 rail system. I've gotten some conflicting information. Please post photos if you have some. Thx.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #2

I can't answer your question, but I am curious, what year/model Mirada do you have?
Our previous coach was a 2015 35LS and we just loved it! We'd still be in it if we had not come up on such a fantastic deal on our current coach.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #3

2015 35KB. Had quite a few issues with it. Mostly dealer related. But the slides are leaking water in, and the warranty depot says there were some things improperly installed causing rainwater to run under the slide instead of out and away. Been looking at it a lot lately and read some other posts saying the dual rail schwintek systems were too light duty for large slides. just wondering if some of our water leakage isn't related to that also.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #4

simple: two rails versus three rails...
no, three rails is not the holy grail of Schwintec systems, some folks have success with two just as well.

leaks: no, these have nothing to do with 'water leakage'

but, I would check the seal of the slides where they meet the sidewalls...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
Having some slide issues on a coachmen mirada. Would just like to know how you can tell if you have a Schwintek 2 rail or a 3 rail system. I've gotten some conflicting information. Please post photos if you have some. Thx.
I don't have any pictures that I can post now, but you have a 2 rail system on both slides. The 3 rail system has one lower and two upper rails on each side of the slide. The Mirada uses the 2 rail system with one rail lower and one upper on each side. Typically the 3 rail system is used on full wall, near full wall or kitchen slides that are much longer or heavier than what we have in the Mirada.

Unless the slide mechanism is not aligned properly and not allowing it to close tightly against the MH wall, I don't see how it could be the cause of water intrusion.

AL
BigHomey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #6

Following: new 2017 Mirada 35LS...

Ours was delivered October 2016.... we took delivery April 2017... 800 mile trip home and several rain storms later and no significant issues...
Old 05-04-2017, 01:12 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
As per my conversation with a Lippert person, the 3 track system only solves problems with slides migrating open when driving. The 3 track was not intended to fix anything other than that. Everyone thinks the 3 track is bigger better stronger, but it isn't.
Agaveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
simple: two rails versus three rails...
no, three rails is not the holy grail of Schwintec systems, some folks have success with two just as well.

leaks: no, these have nothing to do with 'water leakage'

but, I would check the seal of the slides where they meet the sidewalls...
Yes that is the assumption I made regarding the rails, but a salesman told me different(said one rail you couldn't see), more BS i guess. The rain leakage apparently is a caused by some deflectors being installed backwards. Dealing directly with Indiana on that one. 1600 miles,one way, to take it to the plant for repairs.