Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2022, 03:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2000 Beaver Contessa Info/Docs

I just inherited my dad's 2000 Beaver Contessa, single slide out RV, and while I have quite a bit of paperwork and various manuals/tech specs I need more info. Where can I find accurate and up-to-date manuals and everything else I could need for my coach? I understand Beaver no longer exists and the company it was sold to, was ALSO sold to another company and it all has me lost online trying to find out what I want to know. Anyone with any help would be appreciated.
AINZZ2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2022, 07:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/ Monaco forum incorporates Beaver here.

https://www.beaveramb.org/. Another good Beaver source.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:18 PM   #3

Honestly, the Beaver Ambassador Club is invaluable when you have a problem.

I will admit that it is expensive because you first have to Join FMCA and then Join the BAC, but once you are a member you have access to a very detailed library of information. The biggest help comes from the forum members. Someone on there has already had what ever problem you are encountering and can tell you how to fix it. Not only that, but often they will include part numbers and where to buy them at a reasonable price.

Joining the BAC has been the best investment I have made in my MH. Several people have given me good advise to fix my issues. A few have even sent me spare parts to help me get it done.
crb478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:51 PM   #4

It's good that you already do have "a quite a bit of paperwork and various manuals/tech specs" etc. so that's a very good start as many who buy or even inherit an older motorhome often times have very little documentation to work with.

What you have to remember is that motorhomes typically will have a lot of universal components that are used by many manufacturers. Therefore, not much is really specific to Beaver itself. Plus, as you say, Beaver went through a period around that time where they were under different ownership so that really does make it even more "orphaned" if you will.

From my recollection, I believe that Beaver was under management of Safari Coach in 2000. It wasn't until about 2002 (?) that it became part of Monaco Coach.

No matter, as I was saying, you should be able to gather information on each component pertaining to both chassis and house.

In other words, your chassis will have numerous components that were used by other manufacturers ...e.g. Allison transmission, (I believe) a CAT engine, other chassis parts related to the drivetrain will also be non-proprietary as well like the brakes, shocks, air system, etc. etc. etc. Therefore, you can look up the manuals and brochures, etc. on each individual component.

The house will also have just about every one of its components that will be NON-proprietary ...e.g. refrigerator, oven, range, furniture, plumbing fixtures, a/c, beds, a/v or TVs, sound systems, generator, inverter, slide outs, leveling system, etc. etc. etc. etc. Again, hardly anything will be proprietary to Beaver.

So no, to me, it really doesn't make it a major incident to have an orphaned coach or made by a company that has long been out of business as very few, if any, parts or components will be proprietary.

However, having components that are older, you may have trouble getting parts as many of those components are most likely obsolete. Say you need a part for the oven or range ...good luck. Or you want to replace a light fixture with the EXACT same fixture ...good luck. Or the roof top air conditioners may no longer be made so no parts and you'd have to replace the entire component.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:40 AM   #5

Check Northwest RV for manuals what you really want the wiring diagrams Average is about $125ish. In heading says to contact them, as not every one they have is listed/updated.
You can check eBay as well and create a favorite search that will send you an email if your favorite search item pops up at a later date.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb478 View Post

I will admit that it is expensive because you first have to Join FMCA and then Join the BAC, but once you are a member you have access to a very detailed library of information. The biggest help comes from the forum members. Someone on there has already had what ever problem you are encountering and can tell you how to fix it. Not only that, but often they will include part numbers and where to buy them at a reasonable price.

Joining the BAC has been the best investment I have made in my MH. Several people have given me good advise to fix my issues. A few have even sent me spare parts to help me get it done.

X2 on BAC. People with older coaches are joining all the time.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:34 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
TBH, The Caterpillar power plant is 90% of the reason that I really wanted the coach. I know how expensive and problematic motorcoaches can be if the heart of it has issues. Cats simply live forever.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:44 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I should clarify that among the manuals/schematics and other paperwork in my 10-inch thick binder (my dad is/was a bit pedantic) I DO have everything I could ever need or want for the Cat engine system. If it makes the coach "go" I have a manual and tech schematic for it. I guess it never really dawned on me that this model (which from my understanding was pretty top-of-the-line back in 2000) had parts not specific to Beaver. Both of my A/C units weathered this year's insane Texas summer like rock stars and my main issues are with some of the operating switches/buttons/etc that are, dare I say, labeled rather vaguely or generically, with no detailed explanation on how they can be programmed even though they are all mostly analog. I'd love to upgrade both thermostats to digital/smart thermostats and also figure out how to re-wire the tv antenna coax cables to a simplified system instead of the rat's nest of coax I am trying to trace (with little success).
I am new to the RV life and my situation currently has my Beaver as my primary home 4-5 days a week due to my job and I go "home" on weekends, 45 miles up the road. I absolutely do want to upgrade and modernize things, so I'll look into joining what's been suggested and whine to this forum when I get lost. LOL Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb478 View Post

Agree! OP will likely find all documentation on BAC website. Cost really isn’t so bad…. Somewhere around $85 for FMCA and $30 for BAC each year. You will always find help on the BAC website and…. you can sign up for Beaver rallies to meet up with other beaver owners for fun and attend maintenance seminars.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #10

For free appliance owners and service manuals: https://myrvworks.com/manuals/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver